Vision 2 In Tulsa

A Tulsa world article..

http://www.tulsaworld.com/business/article.aspx?subjectid=45&articleid=20121023_16_A1_ULNShr85531

That sign out on Mingo may not say AA on it.
The city doesn't care who's occupying the facility, so long as someone's in it. (ANYBODY)
And there's no good paying jobs in the facility if AA is not occupying it. Although the twu is doing there damnedest to remedy that little issue.

I physically cannot vote a Tax on myself!! Your Opinions?

After reading the article I can't say whether I'd vote yes or no, I would need to research it more; however, I take issue with your stance of not approving any taxes on yourself. Do you feel that you should be able to live in a community and not shoulder any burden for improving it?

[sup]I work at the TULE AA base. I'll be voting NO ![/sup]
[sup]I want to see proof to it saving jobs the first round.[/sup]

according to the article work is being outsourced so no i would not vote for anymore corporate welfare for unamerican airlines. seeing how they are handling AFW, not TELLING them anything. and how they are handling the layoffs, again NO information. how could you vote for new taxes after MCI?

I imagine a lot of the guys at AFW would love to have the opportunity to POSSIBLY save their jobs through a slight tax increase. The Tulsa base is a much bigger piece of Tulsa's economic pie than AFW is to Ft Worth's so nobody cares.

Jim Ream stated that outsourcing the widebody work will save 30% after factoring in added fuel, rework, longer out of service time etc..... I wonder how much lower our widebody OH costs would be with a Tulsa type lease agreement at AFW. I have heard in the past it is $1 a year but surely that was with some kind of minimum employment guarantee.

From what I understand, taxes won't go up. It's just extending the original 2025 plan, and it benefits more than just AA.

Hard to say -- you could eliminate the tax burden, but if you also reduce the tax base, then taxes have no choice but to go up to cover the possible shortfall.

Spending the money now to upgrade the place means it's more likely to be seen as a possible site for one of the MROs or maybe one of the OEMs to consider.

Sort of a "build it and they will come" mentality. They won't come to TUL just for the workforce.

They won't come to TUL just for the workforce.

Maybe, maybe not. Dont business' go to China and India for the workforce? Didnt AAR go to Indianapolis for the workforce? And due to the fact that when Delta merged with NWA, when UAL merged with CAL and when WN merged with Air Tran none of them laid off any of their licensesd Airmen we could be seeing where these companies are realizing that they are dealing with a skills gap.

The local news said V2 taxes weren't even designated 100% to projects. They still don't know what they are going to do with it all. They made presentations to the public for suggestions. To vote yes and have no idea how taxes will be distributed is not wise in my opinion.

Latest posts