Vote no demonstration in Tulsa

OldGuy@AA

Veteran
Apr 14, 2011
Tulsa
An OldGuy was out there with a vote no sign today and watched Rick Mullings put up all kinds of vote yes signage on the opposite corner. Meanwhile, the Tulsa County Sheriff dept. had half a dozen cruisers driving around like vultures waiting for some roadkill. I was severly out signed but I had right on my side. A guy on a motorcycle came by and asked where he could park so I told him and he walked back and soon after a van pulled up with a dozen guys from DFW to hold vote no signs! The guy on the motorcycle (Mike) rode it all the way from Dallas to stand out there and hold a vote no sign! If that is not dedication to the cause I don't know what is. But not five seconds after the van pulled up, the sheriff was on them telling them to move the van. The rent-a-cops wouldn't let them park it in the AA parking lot. Mullings was joined on the other corner by several women thought to be stock clerks. Later some title2 guys and someone who was identified as Highspeedsteel joined them. The funny thing is that there was a canopy there, but apparently there was nobody who could figure out how to put it up! Other guys from TULE came out and stood with us holding signs. These are people tired of giving up and letting AA run over them with the help of TWU International and Local 514. There was even a guy out there who ran for local 514 prez. (the one I voted for) TWU Informer and AAPitBull were out there too! In my opinion there were more vote no honks than yes ones. A few classy people drove by and gave us the finger. One guy stopped on his motorcycle and explained that he had three college degrees and had been in aviation for 25 years and that he thought we were crazy. But you know what? That guy earned respect for talking and giving us his side. The point is that the Vote No crowd is not out to screw anyone. We are not the enemy of our union brothers and sisters. We want the same things, but disagree on how to get them. I respect anyone who stood out there in 105 degree heat today to state their case no matter what sign they held. I just think it is sad our local tried to turn it into a circus by having the county sheriff and the rent-a-cops busting balls. Many pictures were taken by media and local 514 camara men. I am feeling better about the vote no count now. People are figuring out that if we don't fight now, we never will be able to. Let's hope for a no vote and then hope that local 514 gets with all the other locals and fights like we want them to. Channel 8 news was out there taking video so I guess there'll be a story on the 6 o'clock news. Thank you to all the guys who took the time to drive up from Dallas. Most of them have to go to work on midnights tonight! Especially Mike. I can't believe he rode a crotch rocket all the way. I pray for a safe trip home for all of them. VOTE NO

Reactions: 6 people
By the way. I would like to ask if Rick Mullings is so sure that we need to vote yes, then he needs to resign his TWU job and live under the conditions that he is recommending for all of us. Put your money where your mouth is Rick. The funny thing is I used to have lots of respect for this guy.

Reactions: 5 people
It was good see that many good men come out and show the company and the local that we want to fight. (somewhere around 2 dozen) What a shame the local would rather fight us than the company. I honestly feel that if they had spent the time and energy fighting the company instead of trying to fleece the membership that we wouldn't be having this problem. They have forgotten that they represent us and should do what we want them to do. They split the union all the time too. I don't blame the stock clerks for being out there with the vote yes signs. Skill pay, longevity pay, 6th week vacation and 100% sick time, not to mention they are paid above average for the industry. I also don't blame the title 2 guys for being out there. They were told either vote yes or you'll be outsourced. Typical TWU T/A where they create the haves and have nots and use fear to sell it. It is getting to the point where we are going to have to convince some fighters to run for union officers. Like they have in DFW and JFK. Remember..... Friends don't let friends vote yes.

Reactions: 5 people
Oh yeah, I was standing there with my sign and I was the only one there at the time. Mullings was putting vote yes stuff across the street and this young guy pulls up in a car. I can tell he doesn't know the least bit about what is going on and he asks me "Is this a protest of some kind?" I told him yes. and then he asked me what I was protesting I told him Chick-Fil-A !!!! hahaha

Reactions: 1 person
It was good see that many good men come out and show the company and the local that we want to fight. (somewhere around 2 dozen) What a shame the local would rather fight us than the company. I honestly feel that if they had spent the time and energy fighting the company instead of trying to fleece the membership that we wouldn't be having this problem. They have forgotten that they represent us and should do what we want them to do. They split the union all the time too. I don't blame the stock clerks for being out there with the vote yes signs. Skill pay, longevity pay, 6th week vacation and 100% sick time, not to mention they are paid above average for the industry. I also don't blame the title 2 guys for being out there. They were told either vote yes or you'll be outsourced. Typical TWU T/A where they create the haves and have nots and use fear to sell it. It is getting to the point where we are going to have to convince some fighters to run for union officers. Like they have in DFW and JFK. Remember..... Friends don't let friends vote yes.
Just got done looking at VOTE NO RALLY PICS from T-town GREAT Job to Everyone there.
VOTE NO !!!!

Reactions: 1 person
I went over today to get a new badge. I was on duty so couldnt stop to hold a VOTE NO sign. . But while in the guard shack I noticed all cameras pointed and zoomed in on the rally. Especially the guy with the big white lensed camera and monopod he had his own camera following him.

Yeah. A dude with a pony tail was there with video and a dude that looked like Jimmy Olsen was taking still shots. I felt like a celebrity!!!!

Thank You Oldguy, Informer, Pitbull and ALL the fighters that stood up and said NO to this POS!

SEMPER FI my brothers and Sisters

VOTE NO

Reactions: 2 people
An OldGuy was out there with a vote no sign today and watched Rick Mullings put up all kinds of vote yes signage on the opposite corner. Meanwhile, the Tulsa County Sheriff dept. had half a dozen cruisers driving around like vultures waiting for some roadkill. I was severly out signed but I had right on my side. A guy on a motorcycle came by and asked where he could park so I told him and he walked back and soon after a van pulled up with a dozen guys from DFW to hold vote no signs! The guy on the motorcycle (Mike) rode it all the way from Dallas to stand out there and hold a vote no sign! If that is not dedication to the cause I don't know what is. But not five seconds after the van pulled up, the sheriff was on them telling them to move the van. The rent-a-cops wouldn't let them park it in the AA parking lot. Mullings was joined on the other corner by several women thought to be stock clerks. Later some title2 guys and someone who was identified as Highspeedsteel joined them. The funny thing is that there was a canopy there, but apparently there was nobody who could figure out how to put it up! Other guys from TULE came out and stood with us holding signs. These are people tired of giving up and letting AA run over them with the help of TWU International and Local 514. There was even a guy out there who ran for local 514 prez. (the one I voted for) TWU Informer and AAPitBull were out there too! In my opinion there were more vote no honks than yes ones. A few classy people drove by and gave us the finger. One guy stopped on his motorcycle and explained that he had three college degrees and had been in aviation for 25 years and that he thought we were crazy. But you know what? That guy earned respect for talking and giving us his side. The point is that the Vote No crowd is not out to screw anyone. We are not the enemy of our union brothers and sisters. We want the same things, but disagree on how to get them. I respect anyone who stood out there in 105 degree heat today to state their case no matter what sign they held. I just think it is sad our local tried to turn it into a circus by having the county sheriff and the rent-a-cops busting balls. Many pictures were taken by media and local 514 camara men. I am feeling better about the vote no count now. People are figuring out that if we don't fight now, we never will be able to. Let's hope for a no vote and then hope that local 514 gets with all the other locals and fights like we want them to. Channel 8 news was out there taking video so I guess there'll be a story on the 6 o'clock news. Thank you to all the guys who took the time to drive up from Dallas. Most of them have to go to work on midnights tonight! Especially Mike. I can't believe he rode a crotch rocket all the way. I pray for a safe trip home for all of them. VOTE NO

Hey Old guy, Why didn't you come over and say hello? I'm not that bad of a guy really, even Informer likes me in his own twisted way. I could have showed you the error's of your way but I guess staying within the safe haven of the un-informed comforted you.....I noticed Informer never said a word or toted a sign because he knows he is a YES voter. I mean think about it. In 3 years he will be making $35.82 per hour as a un-licensed Welder CC....He will vote for the TA, trust me B)

The one woman who is voting Yes said she has low seniority and does not want to lose her job. Someone needs to tell her she will be layed off regardless.

http://www.ktul.com/video?clipId=7571929&topVideoCatNo=189715&autoStart=true

Latest posts