Voting!

AANOTOK

Veteran
Oct 10, 2009
It's interesting reading through some of these threads and seeing how some are gonna vote no and why, and how some will vote yes and the reasoning behind their vote.

I have been with American for 30 years and I have voted no on some contracts and I have voted yes on others. One thing I have come to realize is that it is no ones business how I vote other than my family. I pay my dues, that in itself gives me the right to vote without the intimidation and harassment from those who walk around trying to tell me where to put my check mark.
If you want to tell me what you are going to check, that's your prerogative, but don't tell me where to put mine, that's my right.
There are those here on this board that have already started the name calling and the vote hasn't even taken place yet.
Those "you are a $@*% if you vote yes", or "you're a ^&$#* if you vote no". Give me a break. :angry:

Why do you think voting is done in private. I don't need you no voters to come up to me and start calling me ant-union or pro company because I voted the way I did. And same for the yes voters, I don't need to hear how I cost someone a career or a nice raise.

Again, as a long time employee and union member, I reserve the right to keep the way I vote to myself. And for those of you who don't want to listen to the loud mouths on both sides of the aisle, at the shop and here on this board, I would suggest to you that you do the same.

It's no ones business but yours!

Back when men were men and unions were real unions.......members voted at the hall by raising their hands or marking their ballots in front of all thier coworkers!! They were not ashamed to let everyone know what they voted. Now it goes to members house and most of them are told how to vote by their wives!!!
Oh I wish we could go back to a union and members with spines!!!!!!!!! And a pair of their own, attatched, and not sitting on the wife's dresser!! :blink:
OK ladies of the house check the YES box!! :angry:
I will be taking mine to work and marking """"NO!!!!"""" proudly in front of all my coworkers. Taking a picture of it and puting it on this board!!! :D :lol: :p ;)

Back when men were men and unions were real unions.......members voted at the hall by raising their hands or marking their ballots in front of all thier coworkers!! They were not ashamed to let everyone know what they voted. Now it goes to members house and most of them are told how to vote by their wives!!!
Oh I wish we could go back to a union and members with spines!!!!!!!!! And a pair of their own, attatched, and not sitting on the wife's dresser!! :blink:
I will be taking mine to work and marking """"NO!!!!"""" proudly in front of all my coworkers. Taking a picture of it and puting it on this board!!! :D :lol: :p ;)

Pretty chauvanistic and offensive towards women. We all know that after a vote no one is willing to take responsibility for the outcome. It is what it is.... Don't blame it on the women.

Pretty chauvanistic and offensive towards women. We all know that after a vote no one is willing to take responsibility for the outcome. It is what it is.... Don't blame it on the women.

I have to agree, the girls at the APFA have shown they have more backbone than mechanics but I dont think he meant it as an attack on women as much as an attack on the spineless mechanics who would allow the company to take away as much as they have. We look even more pathetic when we blame it on our wives.

I have to agree, the girls at the APFA have shown they have more backbone than mechanics but I dont think he meant it as an attack on women as much as an attack on the spineless mechanics who would allow the company to take away as much as they have. We look even more pathetic when we blame it on our wives.

You two can say whatever you like. But in my life my Wife is a helluva alot more important to me than what others think of my spine or my vote on the POS T/A. My Wife is the most important thing below God in my life. You can go on fighting the corporate greed bastards and the corrupt union all you want, but I tell you this, when the most important thing in your life is your wife and she is sick and someone like you makes a post like that it is damn difficult to refrain from hunting you down and beating some real sense into your brain. But I humble myself and forgive you and the other greedy fools of the world that know not yet what really matters in life. God will someday touch your heart also about what is really important. Good Luck

I am not placing blame on my wife, I am fullfilling an oath before God to my wife. Go ahead and make all the rediculous persecutions you want because I am strong in my relationship with my creator and faith that I am right and I can take more than any of you can dish out with your greed.

F you morons i have six kids to feed and a mortgage to pay i will do what is best for my family not whats best for you. If you dont get that you wont get anything

Reactions: 1 person
attack on the spineless mechanics

Bob, just curious. Why would someone who votes differently than you be considered spineless?

And jetmech...parading around the shop proudly posting a vote doesn't make one more of a man than the one who goes about his business quietly.

F you morons i have six kids to feed and a mortgage to pay i will do what is best for my family not whats best for you. If you don't get that you wont get anything
So you believe voting Yes is the best you can do for your family and is in their best interest ?
AA stole food from our kids mouths while they gorged theirs with bonuses year after year.
As a man,dad and provider for my family I will not stand for that BS..comprende !

Bob, just curious. Why would someone who votes differently than you be considered spineless?

And jetmech...parading around the shop proudly posting a vote doesn't make one more of a man than the one who goes about his business quietly.

I didnt say that someone who votes differently than me is spineless, but someone who votes in favor of something they dont like because of fear is spineless.

Actually it is the NO voting crowd that I hear spreading FEAR.

"The new AMT Classification will destroy the profession"

"The end of the profession is upon us if this passes"

"Soon those without the defined pension will outnumber us and they will vote to do away with our pensions"

"The company will not honor the wage opener letter of agreement"

"AMT's will resign and leave the industry if this passes"

Does this make them spineless too?

"Soon those without the defined pension will outnumber us and they will vote to do away with our pensions"

Do you think that craeting a new class of low paid workers will enhance the profession?

Do you dispute that the odds are that the New Hires will not support us keeping our DB Pension?

Do you feel that these Me Too clauses and Wage opener provisions will be honored?

The Yes side is telling them what can happen if they vote NO and we are telling them what can happen if they vote YES. How many times have we seen where a vote passes and afterwards the guys say How come nobody told us this might happen?

Our info isnt supposed to incite fear, its meant to incite resistance.

Informer, then please tell us how this TA will NOT have a negative impact on mechanics?
Do you not believe the "divide and conquer" strategy of this TA?
I truly hope you are looking at more than merely the paltry monetary increase...

Again, please tell us how this will NOT have a negative impact on mechanics.

Latest posts