Wages For New Apprentices

Puddle Jumper

Advanced
Mar 23, 2003
Hi Guys

Well after 4 plus years trying to land a job in the rotary world I have came to the conclusion that it is time to approach my goals differently. I am planning on going back to school for aircraft maintenance. So my question is what should a new apprentice out of school be getting as a starting wage. Keep in mind I plan on twisting wrenches while at school in order to build a little experience, but this will only take place when I have time. Any input is appreciated, and if you want you can pm me with the details. Just want to cover the bases and get a rough game plan in order. Thanks,
PJ

depending on where you are and the size of company you could be anywhere from $12-$16 ph with no license with many of the companies around YYC

Thanks Graunch

This is exactly what I am looking for. Its not that I don't want to persue this career, however I do need to make some sort of a game plan. I am also looking for wages in other locations across Canada. So keep em comming folks!

Based on what we pay and other companie's pay scales that I have, you can expect to make between 2000 to 3000 a month depending on how many months of experience you have. (working on helicopters that is)

I just heard today that SPAR is paying $21.50 per hour to avionics guys that have been out of school and working for them in YEG for the past year. I would assume that the oily rags are getting the same pay for the same level of expertice. I am not sure how much of their time is bookable towards the AME license however as SPAR does mostly C130 work with a bit of civvy L100s thrown in. Don't know how TC would look at that as time for the license.
Avmax in YYC just hired a bunch of SAIT AME grads to work for $10 per hour as apprentices; so go figure

Average $2000 - $2500/mth, least when I was at MHI that was close to what they were paying. Then again there is always Can Tire or Home Depot.

Back