WAL/DAL slogans. What is your favorite?

Aug 20, 2002
www.usaviation.com
Came across an oldies station playing Jim Croce's "I've Got a Name" and it made me think of how Western turned the song into a jingle. I think it was the last slogan before the merger: "We got a Name to Live up to". In turn, I remembered other Western slogans/jingles going back to "The Only Way to Fly".

"We Got a Good Thing Going! Western Airlines."

"Come join us in the sky,
We'll show you why Western
is the only way to fly"

And, of course, Wally (the bird)saying: "The o-o-n-n-ly to fly" (while sipping free bubbly and leaning on the tailfin.)

From DL, there was
"Delta is ready when you are".
"Delta, the ailine run by professionals!"
and (IMHO, rather stupid)
"Delta gets you there" (isn't that what an airline is supposed to do).

Which ones have I missed?

(Oh the brain cells I waste of stuff like this)

"We love to fly and it shows"

...and of course there's the most recent..."Good Goes Around"

I've always liked "We'll take you there." But I've never seen it used....

Maybe it's my gray matter failing, but I remember it as "Delta gets you there". As noted in my OP, "isn't that what an airline is supposed to do?" And I could be wrong on the timing, but I think that was the slogan being used around '87 or '88 when DL had a rash of embarrasing incidents, including landing at a wrong airport. (In TN? KY?)

David Letterman had a top 10 list of DL slogans abck then: All I remember is
Noisy Engines? We'll shut 'em off.
Enjoy the inflight movie on the plane next to you.

Like I said, I waste too many brain cells on this junk.

BTW, what kind of bird was Wally?

Delta, Delta Airlines, We love the things we do, and we do them all to please you. Delta, Delta Airlines.........

If im not mistaken, thats from the 1980's. I remember being bombarded with that TV commercial and the catchy jingle :):):)

Top Ten New Advertising Slogans for Delta Airlines (From David Letterman)
10. We're Amtrak with WIngs
9. Join Our Frequent Near-Miss Program
8. Ask About Out-of-Court Settlements
7. Noisy Engines? We'll Turn 'Em Off!
6. Complimentary Champagne in Free-Fall
5. Enjoy the In-Flight Movie on the Plane Next to You
4. The Kids Will Love Our Inflatable Slides
3. Terrorists Are Afraid to Fly with Us
2. Our Pilots Are Terminally Ill and Have Nothing to Lose
1. We Might Be Landing on Your Street!

Delta Air Lines, "On Top of the World" and they would queue that cool music from Pure Moods. I think that was the slogan before the current one. I think that was my favorite.

Delta Air Lines, "On Top of the World" and they would queue that cool music from Pure Moods. I think that was the slogan before the current one. I think that was my favorite.

I don't hink I ever heard that one. (wonder if someone has a music file of it. "On Top of the World" makes me think of the Carpenters song.

In the year or two before the DL merger, Western Airlines used "Fly the Western AirForce". It was mainly a newspaper based campaign showing lots of planes flying West superimposed on a US map.

I believe that it was a campaign primarily intended for the East Coast -- trying to introduce them to Western Airlines' SLC hub.

During that same period, Western used Eastern Airlines for their ticketing at Washington National Airport. They had Eastern and Western signs interspersed down the lengthy counter (since Eastern was huge at DCA at the time). It was pretty cool:

Eastern Airlines Western Airlines Eastern Airlines Western Airlines Eastern Airlines...