wanted : employees for new 2007 usairways tv commercials

etops1

Veteran
Dec 6, 2003
Wanted: Employees to Star in a Commercial for US
Nov. 20, 2006

It’s time to create the 2007 US Airways TV commercials—and this year, you could be a star!

We’ll film five or six spots, each one featuring an employee who has a unique experience to tell about one of our destinations—either a place they like to visit or their own hometown.

Who can audition?
Any employee throughout the system who’s comfortable in front of the camera and can tell a good story about a destination we serve. It doesn’t matter if you work for us on the ground or in the air, live in Philly or Cancun, we want to see you and hear your story. Have a great on-camera personality but can’t think of a story? Follow the instructions below to send us a video and we’ll find a story for you to tell.

What kind of stories are we looking for?
Customers regard airline employees as travel gurus. They know you’ve seen it all and done it all as you’ve trotted around the globe. They love to hear about the special places you’ve visited and unique experiences you‘ve had while working or vacationing.

Tell us about your favorite US Airways destination and why you love it. Where do you go to escape, shop, eat, ski, sunbathe or enjoy any other unique activity? Where did you fall in love, travel with family or reunite with old friends? What secret tips can you share about your hometown? Whether you live there or just love to visit, we want to hear about it.

Why are we doing this?
Who better to tell customers about US Airways and the places we fly than our own employees? We want to showcase the wonderful people who make US fly, so customers will see how engaging and friendly our employees are. The commercials will air both on TV in Phoenix during Arizona Diamondbacks games and onboard video-equipped flights.

If you like my story, am I guaranteed to be the star?
The success of each spot depends on two things: the story and the storyteller. While we’d love to guarantee that the chosen stories will be told by the employees who submit them, it may not work out that way. The employee stars must look comfortable on camera and engage the viewers while talking about the featured destination. It’s a difficult task and may require pairing a camera-friendly employee with a story written by someone else.

Ready for your 30 seconds of fame? Here’s how to audition:
If the camera loves you and/or you have a unique story to tell, follow the steps below. (If you don’t want to be on camera, send us your story and we’ll find an employee to tell it.) Be sure to include your name, telephone and employee number, so we’ll know how to reach you. You’d better hurry; the deadline for submissions is Monday, December 4.

STEP 1: SHARE YOUR STORY
Send an email to [email protected] with the following information:

Your name, position and department at US Airways
Your telephone, e-mail address and employee number
Your story about a destination we serve
Keep it brief (250 words or less)
STEP 2: MAKE A VIDEO
If you want a shot at stardom, record a short video clip of yourself telling your story in this format:

My name is _______
I’m a _______ with US Airways
My favorite destination that we serve is _______
Tell your story
Keep it brief (three minutes or less)
It doesn’t have to be professionally produced—use a camcorder, webcam or even videophone
Remember, we want to see you and get a sense of your personality!
STEP 3: SEND US YOUR VIDEO
Use any ONE of the following methods:
· Post the video on a website (like YouTube) and e-mail the link to [email protected]

Co-Mail a VHS or DVD to CH-MKT, Attention: Auditions
FedEx a VHS or DVD to
Auditions
Department: CH-MKT
US Airways
111 W. Rio Salado Pkwy
Tempe, AZ 85281
Tel. (480) 693-5969
We must receive your video by Monday, December 4, 2006

"delta employees welcome"

B)

The commercials will air both on TV in Phoenix during Arizona Diamondbacks games and onboard video-equipped flights.

@#(*&$ PHX is NOT the f#^$&king center of the universe !!

Godforebid they promote this "international" airline......oh let's say....nationally and internationally?

Once again, US marketing has no F&#^$KING CLUE how to market this airline.

Get your heads out of the SAND and use your "marketing experience" (oxymoron I guess at the sandcastle)!

I love the Mad Libs style of the commercial. Real innovation comes straight from the Sandcastle.

I'll do it. I've been dying to send something to CHQ to show how much I care. It would be worth revealing my identity to send such a message.