warning for b/h 's who use the etb to drop trips

etops1

Veteran
Dec 6, 2003
:angry: :angry: :angry: just tonight someone put a trip our on the trade board for phl. and put in his/her comments " for block holders only" i just want ot let the senior b/h 's know that the etb is fair game for everyone . reserves and block holders !!!! stop doing this freakin crap!!!! :angry: . if you do not like that the reserves are picking up trips off the trade board. THEN BID F##KING RESERVE!!!!! :angry: :angry:
this apllies to the east ops.

:angry: :angry: :angry: just tonight someone put a trip our on the trade board for phl. and put in his/her comments " for block holders only" i just want ot let the senior b/h 's know that the etb is fair game for everyone . reserves and block holders !!!! stop doing this freakin crap!!!! :angry: . if you do not like that the reserves are picking up trips off the trade board. THEN BID F##KING RESERVE!!!!! :angry: :angry:
this apllies to the east ops.

Tell them what you think! send the poster an email, and also call the trade desk in scheduling, maybe the company will pull the post off the board and that will teach them a lesson. The company needs to stop this from going on!!!!

Can the poster of the trip control who picks it up?
Do they need to "approve" the pick-up or something?
Why would they care who took it?
Isn't the point they don't want to work it themselves?
Post a trip on the west board and its open to anyone, whoever gets it first.
Unless you put a password on it, which is used when you are giving it to a specific person, or making an actual 'trade', trip for trip.

Unless you put a password on it, which is used when you are giving it to a specific person, or making an actual 'trade', trip for trip.

yes they can. the problem is that if you drop a trip on the trade board you can actually see who is trying to pick up the trip. i think this feature is going to be removed. it serves no frekain purpose. if you are dropping your trip who care who picks it up!!. i already have spoken to mike flores on this. also sched will remove it off the trade board. shame on you block holders . i also saw someone counter attack with a trip they dropped and put for reserve only. do not stoop yourself down to these people's level . i know your pissed that the senior people wuould put that as a comment but rethink your comment or else sched will remove yours as well.

Yes
Yes, if they so choose
We are our worst enemy!
I hope we get the West System, sounds better. If this keeps up we may loose the ETB

we have a "little" blockholder vs. reserve issue over here on the east side. Blockholders have 5 different ways to bid but are pizzed that reserves have the "advantage" of giving up their days off to make xtra cash.

I'm a blockholder and I agree. If being a reserve is such a lucrative and pleasant experince bid it. Anyone who is a block holder can hold it. Oh yea congrats on the new baby.
thank you

we have a "little" blockholder vs. reserve issue over here on the east side. Blockholders have 5 different ways to bid but are pizzed that reserves have the "advantage" of giving up their days off to make xtra cash.
It all boils down to f/a's that don’t take the time to read the tentative contract, or that don’t vote at all, then get pizzed with a contract that was ratified by less than half of the membership. Get involved, take responsibility or get out!

That should not piss you off. The reserves got slaughtered in the concessionary contracts, and the only way to get paid above guarantee was to go on etb or give up days off to fly. Same as blockholders who can work on days other than when their block trip goes out.

Give us a break!

It all boils down to f/a's that don’t take the time to read the tentative contract, or that don’t vote at all, then get pizzed with a contract that was ratified by less than half of the membership. Get involved, take responsibility or get out!

As an aside, Andy, you need to run for LECP in PHL in next election. With PITs reserve base coming into PHL, there needs to be a more balanced administration. Having TWO 30 plus year officers in PHL slants the entire equation of fair representation. You wouldn't be sweating these issues if there was a reserve as a PHL LEC Officer.

When Mollie left along with Roger Holmin, PHL lost that balance.

Wow.
Makes no sense.
West's DPU (drop/pick-up [company open time]) and ETB (which we actualy call "personals", as in personal trades)
is definitely MUCH better than Easts.
Hopefully, it can be the system we keep.
I guess it depends on which one the company thinks is costing it more money.
We have LOTS of two day trips, and most of them come on back-to-back lines, which many FAs bid with the intent of dropping half.
Of course, the hope is that reserves will pick them up, being desperate for $$ and able to fit pretty much only 2days on their lines.
Of course, ANYONE (lineholders and reserves)is able to grab a 2day off personals if they want it.
Sometimes the poster will sweeten the deal to get their trip to go before others.
I just came from the ETB, looking for a 2day, right before I came here as a matter of fact.

If you want to get rid of the trip, why WHY would you eliminate the reserves from picking it up?!?! duh

Clarify for me, There is a lag time between when someone attempts to pick up a trip, and when the poster responds?
The FA picking it up must wait to hear back from the poster?

are we allowed to say names on this? because her name needs to be spread all over. she- and the other blockholders who feel like she does- need to realize that we did not bid reserve... that we would love to have the option to get a primary line, then to be able to drop trips due to over projection, then to SAP more good trips, then to drop them again on the ETB and then to go on the bidsheet and get another trip. people like her are going to ruin the ETB for everyone.