Warning To All Hp Crewmembers

Status
Not open for further replies.

boeing787

Senior
Jan 25, 2004
Back in the day let's say May 2000 a group known as UAL and USAIR were in merger talks. Being that over half of the UAL seniority list (ie more than the total pilot group by far at USAIR) was less senior than USAIR pilots most of the UAL pilots were very upset at how this debacle would take place.

Now to show you what type of individuals you are going to deal with if you merge
with USAIR. Not only were my usair "friends" calling me and telling me they were going to take all of our 777 and 747 seats due to their "seiniorty rights" but my crew and I almost got into a fight from our 737-200 with a fokker 100 crew in GSO because of this very issue. Some USAIR pilot opened his mouth and all hell broke loose from that point on. They are like vampires and will suck all your money.
Look waht they did to PSA (old PSA) Piedmont (old PIedmont) and Mohawk. These guys will take you for everything.

Lesson to be learned. They eat their young...they look out for number one...and they are a loser airline. Be careful and pray the merger doesn't go thru.

Good luck AWA 'ers!

B787

EyeInTheSky said:
boeing787,
That's the funniest damn thing I've read all day! Only a United employee could come up with this fairytale.
[post="263253"][/post]​
I like a man with an open mind. His is so open you can feel the breeze from here.

Groucho Marx

EyeInTheSky said:
boeing787,
That's the funniest damn thing I've read all day! Only a United employee could come up with this fairytale.
[post="263253"][/post]​
I'll tell you what, strictly speaking from a ex mechanic's point of view. When I started at U in early 1990 I met some of the most ruthless men I have ever run into, guys from Mohawk and other old airlines U ended up with. These guys would slit your throat if you didn’t tow the line and walk "their" walk. Things were surely going to be "their" way and that's all there was to it. Before working at U I had been around knowing people and how they behave and thought I had it all figured out until I ran into the old U crowd who acted like grown spoiled children who would kill you and your family if things didn't go 'their" way.

You can dispute boeing787 all day long, I personally believe and agree with him 2000% knowing the mentality that is in the U employee especially the older ones who believe you must kill or be killed. Yes sir, U was one big eye opener for this guy observing the old time U employees who are without pity or compassion.

calibrator,
Do you really have an open mind? Or is this just sour grapes from being furloughed? I don't care what airline you work for everybody is going to be protecting their "turf" when mergers come into play. As for boeing787 remarks that US pilots said they will be taking over the 747s and 777s that's a bunch of horsesh*t. Every Tom, Dick, and Larry knows the UAL pilots would have fenced that aircraft off completely. That's just the way it works in the airline biz.

calibrator said:
You can dispute boeing787 all day long, I personally believe and agree with him 2000% knowing the mentality that is in the U employee especially the older ones who believe you must kill or be killed. Yes sir, U was one big eye opener for this guy observing the old time U employees who are without pity or compassion.

Sky high states: And what about YOUR mentality? Calibrator. You quit U and now you spew your animoisity. DATE OF HIRE is fair. PSA and Piedmont (flight attendants) got it. Empire was given back their date of hire after Piedmont stapled them. Trump shuttle got their Eastern seniority. USAir has been more then fair. AFA's bi-laws dictate DATE OF HIRE.
LET'S ASK TWA EMPLOYEES HOW THEY WOULD FEEL WITH DATE OF HIRE?

Well there eyeinthesky...I witnessed it personally...no it's not B.S. either. They are greedy and they took the shots first. Kinda like shoot first ask questions later. None of you lived through all that. I did. Those guys soo much wanted to fly our equipment. Guess what they'll soo much want all your equipment and your nice and warm PHX base also.

DON'T SHOOT THE MESSANGER! laugh all you want...sometimes the truth hurts! :eek:

boeing787 said:
Guess what they'll soo much want all your equipment and your nice and warm PHX base also.

SKY HIGH states: Merger "talks" begin and so do the RUMORS!
PHX? U has a minority of west coast commuters, but the "majority" of employees LIVE ON THE EAST COAST.

boeing787 said:
Well there eyeinthesky...I witnessed it personally...no it's not B.S. either. They are greedy and they took the shots first. Kinda like shoot first ask questions later. None of you lived through all that. I did. Those guys soo much wanted to fly our equipment. Guess what they'll soo much want all your equipment and your nice and warm PHX base also.

DON'T SHOOT THE MESSANGER! laugh all you want...sometimes the truth hurts! :eek:
[post="263277"][/post]​

If you witnessed this, heck, it sounds like somebody was pulling a joke. Can't take a joke, aye? Lastly, who has a reputation in the industry for arrogance? You UAL boys denied me a jumpset back during the UAL/U merger deal. Now, it seems you're doing it to the JetBlue guys. Sometimes the truth hurts!

SKY HIGH said:
boeing787 said:
Guess what they'll soo much want all your equipment and your nice and warm PHX base also.

SKY HIGH states: Merger "talks" begin and so do the RUMORS!
PHX? U has a minority of west coast commuters, but the "majority" of employees LIVE ON THE EAST COAST.
[post="263279"][/post]​

SKY HIGH, clearly boeing787 has a bug up his butt about something. Maybe he's an abused child. :p

This deal sounds a lot like the AA - TWA deal. If I worked for AWA, I'd be very very very concerned about my seniority and indeed the future of my company by taking on such a screwed up mess like US Air.

Winglet said:
This deal sounds a lot like the AA - TWA deal. If I worked for AWA, I'd be very very very concerned about my seniority and indeed the future of my company by taking on such a screwed up mess like US Air.
[post="263285"][/post]​

Winglet, it could be the other way around. US Airways is the one in bankruptcy not America West.

Well there is another little fly in the honey now. You see while UAL was busy putting the fear of God in the other airlines by saying they were buying USAIR, American took the bait and bought out TWA to eliminate seats.

History was set and that is what will happen. So whoever is the buyer will be at the top. Does anyone think that AMW people will be TWA people if they are putting up most of the money.

b787,

I am a US Airways pilot with 20 years of seniority. I have been through 3 mergers at this airline. How many have you been through?

IF...US Airways merges with AWA (or UAL) ALPA merger policy will be followed, not what you say, or some other half cocked crew you run into on the line.

Relax, it is out of your hands, or my hands. You appear to be a man full of fear and greed...shame on you.

Had a merger occured between U/UAL, it would have been fair and equitable. I have no doubt the same is true for a U/AWA merger.

Relax, and good luck to you.

boeing787 said:
These guys will take you for everything.

Good luck AWA 'ers!

B787
[post="263251"][/post]​

Here are the ALPA list integration goals from the ALPA Administrative Manual

SECTION 45 – MERGER AND FRAGMENTATION POLICY 10/31/02

5. The merger representatives shall carefully weigh all the equities inherent in their merger situation. In joint session, the merger representatives should attempt to match equities to various methods of integration until a fair and equitable agreement is reached, keeping in mind the following goals, in no particular order:

a. Preserve jobs.

b. Avoid windfalls to either group at the expense of the other.

c. Maintain or improve pre-merger pay and standard of living.

d. Maintain or improve pre-merger pilot status.

e. Minimize detrimental changes to career expectations.

Status
Not open for further replies.