Waste, waste and more waste

FA Mikey

Veteran
Aug 19, 2002
miami
goldwatermiller08.com
AA wants employees to help save it, by cutting their pay. Yet we see them p***ing money away all over the system. Do there really believe APFA will cover the expense of a full membership vote. I haven't spoken to a single person who is willing to even consider forgo-ing our 3% pay increase. [BR][BR]The waste at AA continues. All CCS layovers were canceled due to the riots. So the great minds at AA changed all the layovers to turns. The old sequence flew one leg to CCS, next day back to MIA and then a CUR turn. Now its a CCS turn the first day and a CUR turn the next. Same flying same pay. They layover all the Miami f/a's and pilots in a Miami beach hotel, with full per diem. Now I should believe they want to save money? That nothing in the company is not being looked at and evaluated?

Sorry no such rule. AA could have changed the lines to reflect all turns rather than the 2 day scheduled trip. There was no lose of time for anyone. Since the trip leaves earlier now there are more hours of perdiem being paid out.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 1/14/2003 6:44:38 PM FA Mikey wrote:

[blockquote]
----------------
On 1/14/2003 6:23:50 PM KCFlyer wrote:

[blockquote]

They can't win. If there were riots in a city, and the company told you that you MUST layover there - your personal safety be damned - then I'm sure there would be an outcry.

----------------
[/blockquote]
Yes there would be an outcry, but for a whole other reason. The point here is, AA is paying for hotels and per diem for crews at there home base.
----------------
[/blockquote]

Could THAT be because of some "duty rules" in the union contract?

[blockquote]
----------------
On 1/14/2003 6:04:32 PM FA Mikey wrote:

The waste at AA continues. All CCS layovers were canceled due to the riots. So the great minds at AA changed all the layovers to turns. The old sequence flew one leg to CCS, next day back to MIA and then a CUR turn. Now its a CCS turn the first day and a CUR turn the next. Same flying same pay. They layover all the Miami f/a's and pilots in a Miami beach hotel, with full per diem. Now I should believe they want to save money? That nothing in the company is not being looked at and evaluated?
----------------
[/blockquote]

They can't win. If there were riots in a city, and the company told you that you MUST layover there - your personal safety be damned - then I'm sure there would be an outcry.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 1/14/2003 6:23:50 PM KCFlyer wrote:

[blockquote]

----------------
[/blockquote]
Yes there would be an outcry, but for a whole other reason. The point here is, AA is paying for hotels and per diem for crews at there home base.

It's absolute financial malfeasance to pay hotels and per diem to employees who are in their base city. I would much rather go home than stay in some hotel being paid a contract rate!

Man, KCFlyer is right on this one. If the company came and said, we're routing the trip as a turn for safety due to riots, you'd complain they're being cheap. No matter what they do you complain they're screwing you. Give it up!

Speaking of Waste (since you brought it up), how about saving some $$$ by allowing STL based cabin crews to fly the STL-OGG, STL-HNL, and STL-LGW flights? While I am sure that in some parallell universe it makes sense for AA to deadhead in crews from other bases and put them up in STL hotel rooms, you would THINK that in the current economic situation, that AA would love to save a few thousand dollars a day by using STL crews to do the flying. So why are DFW and ORD crews still flying flights that are obviously more efficient as a STL pairing? It couldnt be because the APFA doesn't mind letting the "native AA" people fly it right? (Give em Moline, we will take Maui) No, cause if that were the case, what kind of union would it be, by not representing ALL its members? No, I am SURE thats not it.... or is it? WAKE UP AND SMELL THE MONEY FLYING OUT THE DOOR PEOPLE!!!!

[blockquote]
----------------
On 1/14/2003 8:13:40 PM flyhigh wrote:

Man, KCFlyer is right on this one. If the company came and said, we're routing the trip as a turn for safety due to riots, you'd complain they're being cheap. No matter what they do you complain they're screwing you. Give it up!
----------------
[/blockquote]

You are so right, what on earth was I thinking? Instead of making a 2 day trip in to two turns and paying the same hours. They paid for hotels and per diem for crews in their home city. There is no waste in doing that.

AA loves laying people over in crew base cities. They have been doing it for years in Miami. LIM, EZE, BOG all spend days laying over in Miami and doing turns here. If it was such a great expense, you wouldn't see Miami crews staffing JFK and BOS trips DFW staffing JFK or others. It is something AA loves to do Waste money.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 1/14/2003 8:23:08 PM FA Mikey wrote:

I did go home and got paid per diem while eating in my house and sleeping in my bed.
----------------
[/blockquote]

Hey FA Mikey,

Are you going to give that per diem back to AA?

[BR][BR][BR]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR][BR][BR][FONT size=1]Aside[STRONG] [/STRONG]from having a temper tantrum on a message board have you taken any other action to make management aware of your concerns and ideas for eliminating the waste you are so upset about?[BR][BR]Do a little more than send one email or mention to one FSM, keep after them.Anyone can say "This this and this is broken, fix it."How about "This is a problem and here is an idea that might fix it."[BR][BR]I read some of the comments from my coworkers here and I am amazed at the blinders so many people are wearing as it pertains to the state of this company and the industry as a whole.[BR][BR]US Airways filed bankruptcy and we shrugged.Fast forward six months and UNITED AIRLINES for cryin' out loud filed for bankruptcy.We're not talking the seventh or eighth largest carrier in the country filing, we're talking the SECOND largest.You know United Airlines, our biggest competitor.[BR][BR][BR]And you know what, based on what I read on this board we're still shrugging,wondering what we can buy if they go Chapter 7.Unbelievable.[BR][BR]Do you think this company can continue to lose hundreds of millions per quarter and everything will continue to be sh!ts and giggles here?[BR][BR]Look around the industry, see what is happening at other airlines, ask yourself if you want to see that sort of thing happen at [EM]our[/EM] airline.[BR][BR]It boggles the mind that people think Bush "Wont let a Texas based company fail." [BR][BR]If Bush is in our hip pocket why has the anti trust immunity for AA/BA not been granted without condition?[BR][BR]Wake up, look around or we may well find ourselves going "Geeze, we should've forgone that 3% last year, now they want 15% being as we're in bankruptcy."[BR][BR]I don't know if you get into LGA at all Mike, but the majority of people I work with, nAAtive and former TWA alike would rather give 3% we havent seen yet than lose 15% in front of a bankruptcy judge.[BR][BR]Am I afraid for the future of this airline? Hell yes.[BR][BR]Can we unscrew ourselves before we pass the point of no return? Yes, if we remove our heads from our asses, look past seniority related pissing contests and all the trivial items at the moment and focus on the airline.The ONE airline that we have all hitched our wagons to.[BR]The Airline I don't want to see in bankruptcy,The Airline I am proud to work for,The Airline I have bled for,The Airline I have broken bones for,The Airline I want to emerge from this storm head held high, her employees standing with her, their heads held high as well.[BR][BR]My apologies for the spleen vent, but its been a long cold day and I just had to finally say something.[/FONT][BR][BR][BR][BR][/BLOCKQUOTE]

[blockquote]
----------------
On 1/15/2003 12:27:07 AM LGA Fleet Service wrote:

[BLOCKQUOTE]

[FONT size=1]Aside[STRONG] [/STRONG]from having a temper tantrum on a message board have you taken any other action to make management aware of your concerns and ideas for eliminating the waste you are so upset about?

Do a little more than send one email or mention to one FSM, keep after them.Anyone can say "This this and this is broken, fix it."How about "This is a problem and here is an idea that might fix it."

I read some of the comments from my coworkers here and I am amazed at the blinders so many people are wearing as it pertains to the state of this company and the industry as a whole.

US Airways filed bankruptcy and we shrugged.Fast forward six months and UNITED AIRLINES for cryin' out loud filed for bankruptcy.We're not talking the seventh or eighth largest carrier in the country filing, we're talking the SECOND largest.You know United Airlines, our biggest competitor.

And you know what, based on what I read on this board we're still shrugging,wondering what we can buy if they go Chapter 7.Unbelievable.

Do you think this company can continue to lose hundreds of millions per quarter and everything will continue to be sh!ts and giggles here?

Look around the industry, see what is happening at other airlines, ask yourself if you want to see that sort of thing happen at [EM]our[/EM] airline.

It boggles the mind that people think Bush "Wont let a Texas based company fail."

If Bush is in our hip pocket why has the anti trust immunity for AA/BA not been granted without condition?

Wake up, look around or we may well find ourselves going "Geeze, we should've forgone that 3% last year, now they want 15% being as we're in bankruptcy."

I don't know if you get into LGA at all Mike, but the majority of people I work with, nAAtive and former TWA alike would rather give 3% we havent seen yet than lose 15% in front of a bankruptcy judge.

Am I afraid for the future of this airline? Hell yes.

Can we unscrew ourselves before we pass the point of no return? Yes, if we remove our heads from our asses, look past seniority related pissing contests and all the trivial items at the moment and focus on the airline.The ONE airline that we have all hitched our wagons to.
The Airline I don't want to see in bankruptcy,The Airline I am proud to work for,The Airline I have bled for,The Airline I have broken bones for,The Airline I want to emerge from this storm head held high, her employees standing with her, their heads held high as well.

My apologies for the spleen vent, but its been a long cold day and I just had to finally say something.[/FONT]

[/BLOCKQUOTE]
----------------
[/blockquote]

LGA Fleet Service; That is essentially the same thing I have been saying. Pay a little now or a whole lot more down the road. And a very short road it is.

Latest posts