Wasting money

Aug 20, 2002
I found this on another board and don''t know if it is true but I wonder if the bankruptcy judge allowed it. I plan on sending it to Siegel and see if he responds
>From the ALPA forum. Does U has a luxury skybox in CLT too? What about PIT?
My neighbor invited me to their penthouse suite at
Eagles stadium for the game last weekend and I couldn''t believe my eyes...three doors down from her was the USAirways suite catered with a bartender and waitress and packed with 25 USAirways management folks!!!! I was laid off Jan 1, 2002 and have found a great job since but with all the cutbacks and pension troubles you guys are enduring,I could not believe US Airways still spends on the suite for their managers which my neighbor says costs $125,000 a year plus $2000 a game in catering. Talking to the Eagles rep during the game he mentioned that USAirway managers mostly use the suite for themselves and that USAirways also has a deposit on a suite in the new stadium for next year at $165,000 a season.

Haven't you heard about Reagan's theory of "trickle down economics" and Marie Antoinette's "Let them eat cake"!

It's called doing business. Where do you think they are going to set up business meetings that could change the business structure and all aspects of the employees working life? I guess the local Chucky Cheese joint would be cheaper, and the rat could entertain them. I think being PC has gone far enough!

This a part of doing business "good or bad " also a tax writeoff, most major corporations do this especially in cities where they have a very high visibility.
Beleive U charters the Steelers, Eagles and Panthers.

[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 1/16/2003 10:39:15 AM cavalier wrote:
[P]It's called doing business. Where do you think they are going to set up business meetings that could change the business structure and all aspects of the employees working life? I guess the local Chucky Cheese joint would be cheaper, and the rat could entertain them. I think being PC has gone far enough! [/P]----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE]
[P][/P]Thank you, Cavalier.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 1/16/2003 10:39:15 AM cavalier wrote:

It's called doing business. Where do you think they are going to set up business meetings that could change the business structure and all aspects of the employees working life? I guess the local Chucky Cheese joint would be cheaper, and the rat could entertain them. I think being PC has gone far enough!
----------------
[/blockquote]
------------------------------------------------------------

Bad form, in my view. The high costs of maintaining residence in CCY was justified by the access to power in the nation's capital. They can have their meetings in the Palace.

More to the point, when I was dirt poor, the guests in my house did not expect cavier and filet mignon, accompanied by Dom Perignon.

Lastly, I would be quite concerned about doing business with U, if they were this profligate with scarce resources. Can you say ' use some judgement'?

[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 1/16/2003 11:56:28 AM diogenes wrote:
[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE]------------------------------------------------------------[BR][BR]Bad form, in my view. The high costs of maintaining residence in CCY was justified by the access to power in the nation's capital. They can have their meetings in the Palace.[BR][BR]More to the point, when I was dirt poor, the guests in my house did not expect cavier and filet mignon, accompanied by Dom Perignon.[BR][BR]Lastly, I would be quite concerned about doing business with U, if they were this profligate with scarce resources. Can you say ' use some judgement'?[/BLOCKQUOTE]
[P][/P]----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE]
[P]Yes, but your guests probably did not include the CEO and V.P. (sales) of Verizon, the chairman of KPMG, or any number of Fortune 500 companies.[BR][BR]Again, if you want to make money as a large service-oriented company, you have to spend money.[BR][BR]Having a keg party in the back of your van is not going to do it.[/P]

Ah, but my guests did include people with whom I was conducting business, as well as some local politico's and dealmakers. So, adjusting for scale, apples and apples.

They were afforded clean, comfortable surroundings, and the best of what I had. They also understood why I did not break the budget for them.

Do all of the elites of this country expect prima donna treatment? I wager Warren Buffett does not.

Must be nice to be able to go to the games
and be wined and dinned.

You think they'd give some of the perks to the working people who now can't afford to park at a game let alone pay for a family to go to a game.

By the way a regular season ticket for the Eagles cost $70.00 per person and a Phillies ticket not in nose bleed heaven cost about $23.00 per ticket.

So, you all do the math...

Only ones that can pay this now are Pilots and Management.

Not us little guys and gals.

There is no justification for this kind of
gross spending when you are in court ....not paying
your bills....and begging for loans.

If the corporate culture wants to live in dream land,
fine. But a good financial officer would recommend
some entertainment cost reductions.

In my opinion...thanks for bringing this information
to the workers.