We Are Going Down.

bman36

Mar 11, 2004
The more you make, the more you want to keep. There is no way mainline will give, its over. We made a good try, but its to late. Gas is up, Fares are down, Pay is still the same. It won't be long. One union, two companys, don't mix. ALPA they need a name change to UNEMPLOYED. If the plan would of made it, We all would of made it. NEW airbus, crj 200/700/900, erj 170. more time flying, better routes, other airlines wouldn't had a chance. Its always the same out come. I will take the ship down. the ship will sank this time because those investers want there money and they WILL sell ALL to get it. I will miss U all. :(

Well if the majority of employees have the same mindsets/attitudes of the posters on this site, I would have to agree with you. They are not willing to accept concessions etc. Granted pay will not be as great, benefits etc. As one person put it the heyday of the airlines is over, it was a great run. Most of us were overpayed with incredible benefits. Now it is over, he was right, most of us would be happy to have Southwests pay etc now. Most people posting here do not have a clue what the real working world is like. That one analysts remarks were right on about most U employees are middle age without much hope of landing great jobs if U goes under. All this posturing is ridiculous and sad. There will be alot of regret if the company goes under due to the stubbernness and ignorance of union groups. Then they will see what the real world is like, but then it will be too late.

Paleeze....we are all and have been living the REAL WORLD. How dare you say we haven't. The vast majority of us until recently have been average middle class working Americans. We have worked hard and who is anyone to say that that the pay and benefits we have received is too much and that we have been spoiled, fat and sassy.

What is the Real World to you??? MCDonald's and Walmart???

There is no stubborness and ignorance of the Union groups it is facing reality in the REAL WORLD.

It sounds like you think we all should be grateful and bow down to management for even giving us the opportunity to work at this company. The employees keep this company moving along day to day and everyone works very hard for their pay and Benifits. Paleeze....spare me. :shock: :(

The logical conclusion of 4merresrat's comments are summed up in the Nine Inch Nails song: Head Like a Hole. What will we all sacrifice for "godmoney?"

In solidarity,
Airlineorphan

Lyrics gleaned from Nine Inch Nails Website

bow down before the one you serve
you're going to get what you deserve
god money i'll do anything for you
god money just tell me what you want me to
god money nail me up against the wall
god money don't want everything he wants it all
no, you can't take it
no, you can't take it
no, you can't take that away from me
no, you can't take it
no, you can't take it
head like a hole
black as your soul
i'd rather die
than give you control
head like a hole
black as your soul
i'd rather die
than give you control
god money's not looking for the cure
god money's not concerned about the sick among the pure
god money let's go dancing on the backs of the bruised
god money's not one to choose
no, you can't take it
no, you can't take it

head like a hole
black as your soul
i'd rather die
than give you control
head like a hole
black as your soul
i'd rather die
than give you control
head like a hole
black as your soul
i'd rather die
than give you control
head like a hole
black as your soul
i'd rather die
than give you control
bow down before the one you serve (ow ow)
you're going to get what you deserve (ow ow)
bow down before the one you serve (ow ow)
you're going to get what you deserve (ow ow)

written and performed by trent reznor
produced by flood and trent reznor
mix: flood and trent reznor

Latest posts