We are the Union

proAMT

Advanced
Dec 3, 2005
SEA
In the last year I have attempted to give the TWU a chance at winning my loyalty back.
I was told that we are the union.

Here is what has happened in the last year.

Jim Little was named President of the TWU International-did “we, the unionâ€￾ get a say in his placement?-No, “we, the unionâ€￾ did not.

We got a new ATD Director-did “we, the unionâ€￾ get a say in who replaced Yingst?-No “we, the unionâ€￾ did not.

Our new ATD Director has been promoted to replace Kerrigan-did “we, the unionâ€￾ get a say in who Kerrigan’s replacement was going to be?-No, “we, the unionâ€￾ did not.

And now there is another ATD Director-needless to say “we, the unionâ€￾ did not get a say in this appointment either.

I was told to get involved and change the union from the inside and I attempted to and got thrown off the ballot. When I appealed to the local the person who brought up the motion against me being on the ballot was part of the Appeal Committee and voted against my effort to run for E-Board.
My appeal was forwarded to the International in June and we are half way through September and I have not heard back with results from the International Appeal Committee.
My efforts to change the local from within resulted in me being thrown of the ballot and the reelection of every incumbent e-board member who ran although its hard to find 10 people in the hangars who voted any of the incumbents.

Our dock goes to have a shop steward election and the sign-up sheet is removed after my name has been placed on it. Later a shop steward is selected by the union rather than allowing a vote by the people the member will be representing.

Our union indorsed a Presidential Candidate already I don’t remember “we, the unionâ€￾ making that choice either.

Can you understand why I believe that changing the TWU from the inside, while sounding good, is nothing but a farce?

How can “Weâ€￾ be the union when “Weâ€￾ do not have control of our own union?

If the TWU wants a contract extension whether we want it or not the extension will be miraculously approved by the disgruntled membership as I’m am more than sure that the TWU has made up its mind for “we, the unionâ€￾ already.

It amazes me how many TWU members are aware of this and do not care.
Many members are not properly informed and this is intentionally done by the TWU
to keep our members in the dark. We are the union as long as we do not question how the union conducts business and as long as we continue to pay dues (extortion).
In the past when we had representational drives the TWU was always first to show how democratic our union is. The organizers proved them wrong but our own members still believed the TWU. Contract after contract we seem to be going backwards. We all see it but the membership will not rise and say enough is enough. Many members still believe or believed that the TWU was going into this next round of negotiations asking for all our concessions back. Are they kidding?
The TWU surrendered without a fight when we lost to this current concessionary contract, do you think they will fight to get it back?
It is all a pipe dream. B.O.H.I.C.A. :censored:

If everything is as you say, instead of this board, you should be talking with legal counsel.
And do what?

A pro-business Judge will side with the TWU because they are so cozy with AA and a pro-labor judge will side with the TWU because they are AFL-CIO.

Democracy and accountability have no place in the legal system.

Prior to that, he served AA management well as a member of AA management. :shock:

And then he had mail order college degrees, and boasted about them until someone called him out.
Then those were quickly removed from his posted BIO.