We have a tentative agreement

E

Eagle

Per Business Wire it was also released by Corporate Comuuications as of 11/01/2002 23:03 Eastern time.

Announced tonight on the UAL ALPA code-a-phone, UAL and ALPA have come to a tentative agreement. The MEC unanimously passed the TA this evening. The pilots will be giving $2.2 billion over the next 5 1/2 years. No more details, but they will be out later this weekend. Hopefully the other unions will follow quickly and keep looking ahead to a bright future.

Here is the United press release:

[A href=http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/021101/12435_1.html]http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/021101/12435_1.html[/A]

And here is the UA ALPA MEC press release:

[A href=http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/021101/12434_1.html]http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/021101/12434_1.html[/A]

Hope they put out the coffee cans in the pilot breakrooms for the other $2.5 billion, cause we aren't giving up sh*t. But I'll tell you what, we'll keep working 6 days straight every week, and not take any delays even if it means hanging onto the aircraft while it taxi's out to get it done!!!

[blockquote]
----------------
On 11/2/2002 12:46:42 AM mastermechanic wrote:

Hope they put out the coffee cans in the pilot breakrooms for the other $2.5 billion, cause we aren't giving up sh*t. But I'll tell you what, we'll keep working 6 days straight every week, and not take any delays even if it means hanging onto the aircraft while it taxi's out to get it done!!!
----------------
[/blockquote]

Na, you'd better hold on to the coffee can, if that's how you really feel, you'll be needing it. I'll loan you a few hotel pens so you can make your cardboard sign.

But you just might to keep one or two of us around...especially when God throws softballs or guppies start eating ice...JMHO

[blockquote]
----------------
On 11/2/2002 2:33:11 AM mastermechanic wrote:

But you just might to keep one or two of us around...especially when God throws softballs or guppies start eating ice...JMHO
----------------
[/blockquote]

Ok, but does it have to be you?
2.gif'] .  Are you refering to the last couple days in DEN

IMHO, I hope that UA ALPA obtained an 1113 letter, as they're going to need it with that $2.2B figure.

I have consistently heard that UA ALPA was the principal cause behind the inability of the coalition to develop a meaningful concessionary framework. The ERP that UA ALPA has agreed to is proof positive that United's pilots are unwilling to shoulder their fair share of the pain.

IMHO, the IAM and AFA would be justified in terminating any concessionary discussions with management and taking their chances in Bankruptcy Court.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 11/2/2002 9:48:23 AM Busdrvr wrote:

[blockquote]
----------------
On 11/2/2002 2:33:11 AM mastermechanic wrote:

----------------
[/blockquote]

Ok, but does it have to be you? [img src='http://www.usaviation.com/idealbb/images/smilies/2.gif'] . Are you refering to the last couple days in DEN?
----------------
[/blockquote]
Yes I am, and also when DEN got nailed with the hail storm. It seems only when disaster strikes does the company realize why they staff maintenance, otherwise we seem to be a plague to them...even when we produce the best product in the industry. Even in one of the worst aviation downturns in recent history, mechanic contracts are being signed with little fan fare. Continental just brought their mechanics $33/hr, SWA $37/hr, UPS $43/hr. And you hear nothing in the industry or in the halls of congress about any of this...why, because it is accepted scale. But mention pilot rates and put in your earplugs, cause the earth shudders. We look around and see $3 mil go into our new bosses account, our pilots who get checks starting around $15k to $25k a month, and you want money from us. I'd rather see you in hell first!!!

[blockquote]
----------------
On 11/2/2002 11:44:37 AM avek00 wrote:

IMHO, I hope that UA ALPA obtained an 1113 letter, as they're going to need it with that $2.2B figure.

I have consistently heard that UA ALPA was the principal cause behind the inability of the coalition to develop a meaningful concessionary framework. The ERP that UA ALPA has agreed to is proof positive that United's pilots are unwilling to shoulder their fair share of the pain.

IMHO, the IAM and AFA would be justified in terminating any concessionary discussions with management and taking their chances in Bankruptcy Court.

----------------
[/blockquote]

The IAM is the ONLY union that reportedly abandoned the coalition. apparently Tilton, who is a LOT more in the know than a former intern for an investment banker..., thinks the ALPA plan is sufficient. It is the first T/A approved to get voted on. If ALPA was going hardline, it would likely be the last. BTW ALPA is shouldering nearly 40% of the cost, what is fair in your pink skyed world?

On staffing:

10,000 Pilots, 500 jets = 20 Pilots per plane?
Aren't there only two seats up there?

We know pushback is gone, M check is also going. Things will probably never be the same for us, and I see it on the faces of our young guys and it hits you right in the pit of your stomach. Now you know why I see red when it comes to management and to some extent our flight crews. All our fleet types with low engine-ground clearance are susceptible(sp). But the nose cowling design on the CFM 56 guppies I think tends to ground vortex a little more than the V2500 on the scarebuses. As far as the DEN birds, it was my understanding that improper de-icing proceedures or lack there of was contributory to the damage to those planes.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 11/2/2002 12:51:19 PM mastermechanic wrote:

[Yes I am, and also when DEN got nailed with the hail storm. It seems only when disaster strikes does the company realize why they staff maintenance, otherwise we seem to be a plague to them...even when we produce the best product in the industry. Even in one of the worst aviation downturns in recent history, mechanic contracts are being signed with little fan fare. Continental just brought their mechanics $33/hr, SWA $37/hr, UPS $43/hr. And you hear nothing in the industry or in the halls of congress about any of this...why, because it is accepted scale.
----------------
[/blockquote]

Yes, I feel UAL does have the best mechs in the business, but it's not about payscales. The problem is that while we have jets with trashed engines, we have jet engine mechanics pushing back jets instead of fixing them. If you guys want to go to a level of staffing equal to any of those airlines you mentioned, I'm sure the company would jump at it. On another subject, are you guys seeing a much higher rate of bent blades on the Guppy than the other jets? I could be wrong, but I think they're picking up ice from the taxiway.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 11/2/2002 1:36:41 PM mastermechanic wrote:

All our fleet types with low engine-ground clearance are susceptible(sp). But the nose cowling design on the CFM 56 "guppies" I think tends to ground vortex a little more than the V2500 on the "scarebuses". As far as the DEN birds, it was my understanding that improper de-icing proceedures or lack there of was contributory to the damage to those planes.
----------------
[/blockquote]

The guppy ground clearance is a good bit less than the Bus. I agree that they are looking at the DE-ICE (you) not Anti-ice. I also think they may be going after some MX folks. I think they are WRONG. I've seen CFMs ice up on one side of a jet and not the other (both with AI on). The den prob of late started with rain, then snow, which I think put nice chuncks of ice on the ramp vs packed snow. the engines can handle the snow not the ice. If you'd like a little more insight, PM me.