Webcast

a320av8r

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
www.usaviation.com
1. PIT crew base will not close soon. However, Doug did say 7 crew bases sounds like a lot and he didn't see that many after full integration.
2. E190's will go east because the east already has them (E170's)on the certificate. West won't be able to fly them.
3. ATA 757's will go east and fly Glasgow, Lisbon, and Shannon. If had we needed more Hawaii flying they would have gone west.
4. West ETOPS 757's GTOW will be increased to 255,500lbs effective March 1.
5. No new South America routes.
6. Southwest will be around forever, jetBlue and other LCC's
may have problems since they don't have many PTP routes available anymore. They must expand to keep CASM low. B6 already running into problems. NW and DL should reorganize but AA and CO will need to "do something" to compete.
As my memory returns I will add more stuff. All in all a very encouraging webcast. :up:

I was there live. Lots of encouraging news. Employee integration is in swing with the Pilots and F/As reaching a transition agreement. We were #1 in on-time performance for the quarter...very nice surpise given all the distractions taking place due to the merger...and a testament to the employees of US Airways. Leadership training to be scheduled for all mangagers and supervisors...good move on the westside...not that we have bad ones lol, but a little brushing up on the fundamentals can't ever hurt...especially in crucial times like these. We are positioning ourselves to acheive some great things as US Airways. Projections are that we will be profitable in 2006 if fuel prices stay where they are at or go lower. Okay...Okay...some of you are thinking..."Eric had to much Koolaide this afternoon". Well it's better than "Punch"! If ya know what I mean ;)

I heard on the (Radio) Bloomberg business market brief today said that US is adding 400 reservations agents! :up:

Oh yeah I forgot...

Our earnings were within the forecast range even though fuel was $200,000,000 higher than expected, due to revenue improvements. :D
We are managing our expenses...

As much as I hate to say it, i think the PIT,BOS and LAS crew bases will be gone by this time next year.
The current LGA base can work EWR and JFK flights as well im guessing. The DCA base? Hmmm....not sure about that. Its a medium size base.

Some one in front of me...can't remember his name...suggested more than just 4 throwback liveries. DP didn't rule it out, but for now the four is all that is planned. I think it be really kool...lol...to put the ole' PSA smile on every jet. Man that was a great signature. Just made ya smile when viewing an aircraft smiling. There is a great deal of subliminal suggestion in that smile!

I also listened today on the web. My sup is one of the good guys who thinks this is important information.

I was a little disappointed in Doug's mention of the PHL situation at the end of the program and probably leashed by the corporate legal department. Assault and Battery anywhere on company property is a serious matter and I do wish he had made a much more forceful statement to that effect, without fingering the accused.

As I recall, fighting on company property was number 1 on the firing offenses list at USAir in the eighties.

2. E190's will go east because the east already has them (E170's)on the certificate. West won't be able to fly them.
FYI, the Transition Agreement states that any growth aircraft are to be shared by East and West pilots and a process for making that happen is detailed. Realistically that means some West pilots will be trained to the East FAA certificate. How many and how the bidding is handled remains tbd.

As much as I hate to say it, i think the PIT,BOS and LAS crew bases will be gone by this time next year.
The current LGA base can work EWR and JFK flights as well im guessing. The DCA base? Hmmm....not sure about that. Its a medium size base.

You're probably right. Just imagine all those senior, senior employees let loose; paid move and "bumping rights" as per the contracts. Nobody in those bases wants them to shut down, but for many who are older and have empty nests, if you're going to start over again you might as well do it someplace warm. Watch out PHX. :D

You're probably right. Just imagine all those senior, senior employees let loose; paid move and "bumping rights" as per the contracts. Nobody in those bases wants them to shut down, but for many who are older and have empty nests, if you're going to start over again you might as well do it someplace warm. Watch out PHX. :D

Moving across the country for a FA job...now that's rich :stupid:

“Public Acceptance “

Will the public allow U to be profitable..?? Who knows..??

U must win the public over and show them they are meeting their needs better than any other airline. The majors have problems now; time to make your mark. FAST…!!

SL

Moving across the country for a FA job...now that's rich :stupid:
In 1997 when it was announced that the LAX base was going to close in 1998, i was was based in PIT. None of us out east thought that the PSA folks would pack up and move east or better yet commute cross country for all of there trips. Ya know what most of those people from LAX are still here.
Most of these folks WONT be "moving across the country for a FA job". They will be enjoying a nice one or two hour commute from other west coast cities to PHX.
A majority of the FAs in BOS and PIT are very senior original Allegheny and USAir folk. If they decide to come, we will have to welcome them to PHL,CLT and LGA,DCA if they stay open.

I always believed crew bases were beneficial for the company in hub/focus cities. Would it be cheaper to have satellite bases?

Latest posts