Website Support says, "WEBSITE IS DOWN"

US1YFARE

Veteran
Mar 31, 2004
OK, this is related to my other thread, but this is just so incredible that I wanted to post it in another thread. I called website support as PB suggested and here is what transpired:

Me: I am having a problem with the website...(and I explain the problem)

Website Tech: Oh, sir, the website is down.

Me: It is? For how long?

Website Tech: For over a week. You can't use it.

Me: Well, why doesn't it say on the site that it is down?

Website Tech: That's a good idea. I'll tell my supervisor to post an advisement.

Me: When will it be fixed?

Website Tech: I have no idea, but you can't use it.

Are they serious????? :blink: :blink: :blink:

Website Tech: That's a good idea. I'll tell my supervisor to post an advisement.

Will this incompetence result in any bonus reduction?

I'm telling you that CHAOS is the most selfish and heartless thing you could do to the agents working the gates and counters....... :down:

It sucks for the customers, too, but I would support it. The incompetence at the Sandcastle should not be rewarded. Those webpage and tech support people should be FIRED. What a moron--sir, the website has been down for a week, it doesn't work...whether she is right or wrong...does anyone know what is going on...they are making money in part because there are fewer planes and fewer choices--it's not because they are offering something that another airline isn't...their website certainly isn't better...their FC product stinks...their Y seat pitch stinks...

I agree.......but that goes without saying. Angry customers tend to search for the closest target to vent.

I'm sure they do. Maybe the woman on the I Make US Fly video can help you out. She loves to sing at the gate on the microphone...music calms the beasts.

I'm sure they do. Maybe the woman on the I Make US Fly video can help you out. She loves to sing at the gate on the microphone...music calms the beasts.
Actually it doesn't matter to me anymore since I don't work at US. I just remember those times when CHAOS was happening and what I had to put up with because someone else was trying to make a point. And those making the point didn't have to see the results of their actions.

OK, this is related to my other thread, but this is just so incredible that I wanted to post it in another thread. I called website support as PB suggested and here is what transpired:

I DONT LIKE THIS WEB SITE AT ALL BUT COME ON DOWN FOR A WEEK. I have been booking tickets weekly for the last two months with out problems. I just booked tickets last night. Now there are a lot of things that need fixing with this but it has not been down for a week. Now maybe the tech rep came up with this. I am sure the supervisor would not tell them to tell customers that the web will be down for a week.