Well this is Different

GGpillow

Advanced
Aug 19, 2002
www.usaviation.com
Well this will take a lil getting used to. Nice features on this board though.
To tie this post into UA, anyone heard the rumor Jack Welch may be interested in an upcoming CEO vacancy? Welch, ego, GECAS, he was interested in TWA b4 AA gobbeled em up. Any opinions?

----------------
On 8/20/2002 10:02:58 AM

Just when I get used to one format, they upgrade to a new one. LOL. Oh well, all in the name of technology I guess.

Anyhow, in terms of Jack Welch, who knows? Absolutely nothing surprises me anymore around here.
----------------

Hi 777flyer. I've been a lurker but decided the new format was a good a reason as any to register. Glad to see you're here... I really enjoy your well-reasoned, thought out posts. Please keep up the good work!!

I am going to have to put on my spectacles to read the posts. Not sure if it is just me or my computer but the print is really small in the messages area. Another test for the visualy/computer challenged.

Just when I get used to one format, they upgrade to a new one. LOL. Oh well, all in the name of technology I guess.

Anyhow, in terms of Jack Welch, who knows? Absolutely nothing surprises me anymore around here.

Cosmo also checking in, but at a somewhat lower flight level -- FL 001.1 (put another way, I'm on the 11th floor of an office building or about 110 feet up in the air)[;)].

But the best part is that we are all members right from the start -- no more junior memberships for those of us that post relatively infrequently.

767jetz checking in, Flight Level 370.

This new forum is a bit strange. Darn, I hate change![:bigsmile:]

Anyone know what happend to all the previously posted topics?

In terms of Jack Welch for UA CEO, you might have the right first name, but wrong last name. How about Jack (John) Brennan? [;)]

I have been more of a lurker than anything myself... but you can't get rid of me simply by making me re-register. [:p]

I think Mr. Brennan would be a great addition to UAL. He did a pretty good job of bringing Continental out of a hole when I was there. I would like to see over here at UAL now.

300Guy,

You're thinking of Greg Brenneman. I'm referring to Jack (John) Brennan, current CEO of The Vanguard Group, an investment services firm. I've heard he could be the guy. I've read some of his management/leadership philosophies and it sounds like it would be a welcome/refreshing change from what people are used to around here. We shall see.

----------------
On 8/20/2002 12:30:53 PM

This board ain't official until somebody gets booted or something gets broke.

Can't wait till posters figure out how to use the signature/avatars. That amusement alone will be worth the price of admission.
----------------
Moderator's note:
Congratulations cltvff on being the first member to have a posted edited

It's official now!! [:sun:]