Went Out On Top

imisthebac111

Aug 24, 2002
:( well i must say christmas in my house was a little sad after 21 years with usairways i worked my last shift christmas day i do fell like im abandening ship but i feel like i had no choice i started looking a year ago found a great job and been in training since july i start jan 7 i am very sad to leave usairways it has been my life since a young adult i have met some great people over the years and i do mean the passengers.i leave behind some great friends who i will dearly miss i have seen my station shrink so much in the last 2 years just about everything has gone express ,pay has shrunk,vac only 6hrs per day,pension froze in 92,paying more in to my medical,5 sick days a year .people said i was crazy coming in christmas day but i said thats not me i worked my last flight 57 lga clt put on 166 people and got it out ontime the last pax i checked in i thanked them for flying us and wished her a merry christmas told her she was the last person i will ever checkin i said my goodbyes to all my co-workers and i wish them the best.to all my coworkers out there i wishyoul the best and i wish usairways and its management can get this thing straightened out so everybody can keep their jobs and have a great life i feel like i went out ontop god bless all

imisthebac111,

Best of luck in your new endeavors. When you see a U plane fly over, say a little prayer for those of us still here.

Jim

Best of luck to you.

Everyone makes decisions that work best for them.

Hopefully, those of us that do stay are making the right decision for us.

Good luck

Imis,

I would like to thank you for all your years of service, and for all you have done for your many customers-I am relatively sure if you worked at LGA then we have come in contact with each other. I have found LGA to have an excellent staff, and I have become friendly with some, especially in the club.

I wish you all the best in your future endeavors, and a happy, healthy, safe and prosperous new year.

Best wishes,

From a Co-Worker from accross the River, GOOD LUCK!!!
We have all made choices in our lives and I'm sure after 21years of service this wasn't your easiest. God Bless and Good Luck.

Ed

imisthebac111,

Wish you the very best.

Thankyou for your dedicated service to our company.

By the way, I miss the bac also. Flew it for a year way back when.

Take care.

111,good luck to you.I know exactly how you feel.In August I left after 22 years.I miss the work and I miss my co-workers but I sure don't miss the day to day bull s@%&#t that the brain trust has made part of everyones job description.I check this msg board everyday and continue to hope for the best.

I am "isthebac111's" wife - I just wanted to add to my husband's message how sad I am about his leaving USAir - every time I read his message - it makes me cry - I am still overwhelmed by it all. the airline has been our life - I used to work for an airline myself - that's how we met - I have always felt, and still do, that it is such a privilege to work for the airline industry. I would tell everyone that I would never divorce him because he worked for the airlines - it was a long-standing joke - now he doesn't have the security anymore. I am only kidding, but I am not kidding about how very sad we feel - and how much we will miss the fact that we were part of the aviation family - it is literally breaking my heart each and every day. We will pray for USAir and it's employees - and we will always tell people to fly the best - USAirways - good luck and God Bless!

imis,

Have a blast with the rest of your life. If you landed a good job, you are the lucky one. For the rest of us here at U, we're still not done giving them Hell!

Stay tuned....

Piney,my view of life on the outside is great so far.For the first time since 1979 I'm working day shift and have holidays off.Currently enjoying a four day weekend then a three day week.The most amazing thing though is that my new employer appreciates the experience and knowledge of the employees.People at work are happy to be there.Ironic thing is,thats the way USAIR was when I started.

PitBull,

I applaud you!

we will continue to give em'hell UNTIL THEY LEAVE-AND YOU KNOW WHO U ARE :up:

Congradulations and Have a Happy Life outside US. Did you get to retire or are you just leaving?? If you retired at least you still have some flight benefits and they will come in handy--especially in keeping the wife hehehe. You'll really get a laugh when you get your retirement check. If you were Piedmont to begin with you'll probably not get much. Mine just sits in an account until I get $100.00--which is almost a year--making $14.10. Also, remember if you retired you must keep your medical forever not for it to cancel for good. I kept mine--hence the low retirement pay--just in case whoever I work for doesn't have medical upon retirement.
I actually went to another airline and find it most rewarding. Sure, I get lower pay--and you thought US had low wages--but the benefits and the management really surpasses US by a mile. However, I can't help but have a lot of loyalty to US.
Sooooo what are you doing now?? Keep coming to the site--it's really interesting reading from the other side of the fence.
Again--Happy Life!!! :up:

no i did not retire im only 44 took a vol furlough since it was avail i know i wont be back keeps my wife somewhat happy can still fly 3 more years hoping some kind of seperation package will come out down the line .i want to thank everybody in their kind wishes and good luck to all