"we're still not fixed" said Parker

Thank you EMBFA for explaining that. It makes more sense why the costs are so high at US after all the labor rate cuts and give backs that the empolyees have made and why US is still not in a good position.

You'd think with fuel cost rising as fast as they are that it would spur management to look at making some of the changes you suggested but that would require them to approach labor and to negotiate and in the end it would only be way too logical and innovative for them to do it.

when you get past the the majority of the bitching and the moaning there are some people on here that have some good constructive ideas. It's just sad that the culture of US Airways is one that the employees are used to never being listened to, if management ever does listen to employees its in a halfways, backwards kind of way that further alienates the employees that make the attempt to offer something constructive further adding to a culture of distrust and building a company destined to be a second class performer even in a favorable business climate.

edit

Sorry, PB, I forgot to add they don't listen to their best customers either.

How did we get on pay cuts. I don't think Tempe is referring to paycuts. They want capacity cuts. For example, when you have Delta, AA and US flying a combination of 21 flights a day between LGA and RDU you have too much capacity in the regionals trying to compete. If a merger occurs capacity will be taken out. For example, when Independence Air stopped flying it helped everyone else left (although you had to see all those folks lose their jobs).

It will be nice is there was one more round of consolidation. It would be good for everyone left. It could also help reduce traffic. The only thing wrong with consolidation is our love affair with the regional jets. I still believe that if US for example ran flights every two hours on a jet from RDU to LGA they would get more business than AA, DL since it would be a better product (meaning the jet don't jump all over me since we all know the US product isn't that great).

What could be scary is: what if LCC is left out of consolidation.

What if we get pieced out? There would be a whole lot more to worry about than PIT(which would still be gone under any regime).

What happens to seniority, contracts then?

mpu0019l.jpg

Those of you who have an opportunity to take the separation package should not hesitate. For those of you in PIT, you have the uniqueadvantage to qualify for unemployment because a transfer would create undo hardship. Qualifying for unemployment becuse of this kind of resignation due to base closure give you the opportunity to collect and get state monies to reeducate yourself for new employment.

The stock closed on Friday at $21.03. The news of fuel price uncertainty, looming troube with IRAN who controls 80% of the world's oil, and folks who may just have met their threshold with credit and won't be spending in the next couple of years at least, means trouble for this industry. The stock is currently just about where it opened upon emergence from BK in 2005. Everything about corporate america is about maximising shareholder value. The execs are tied to the stock performance for their option cash-in, if they can't create the illusion of successful profitable co., the stock will continue to slide.

The unions should not waste their time trying to negotiate fair contracts as you are running a losing proposition. Dougie is blatantly saying "it ain't over, til its over".... For those of you who want to stay, you won't see any increase until there is alternative energy resource abundancy, or there is "peace on earth". ..Either one is pretty damn far into the distant future (light years). Too many variables in this business to bank on any job security. There will always be an excuse why you won't get anything even when the company happens to have a good year. The airline industry is only lucrative for senior management employees, the rest of the rank are slaves to an idealogy of non-revenue flying priviledges. That too is no longer a perk as the airlines have decreased capacity. Your chances of getting on is close remote with a significance level of .01 if you were to test this claim.

Life is short....My advice while you still have working years left, plan to get out so you can save for your retirement and future with a company that will give you raises on your job performance or compensated for a company that has the ability to grow and sustain profits without having so many vulnerable vairables that they can not control. Do not invest in USAirways. It is not in your best interest or your family's... on any level.

The years are going by....don't wait. Plan!!!! Pressure the all unions to offer separation packages and get out of Dodge.

CWA- if you are reading this- negotiate a buyout for the ground peeps..

Hurry.Hurry.Hurry...

the new hires can have my JOB now!

PITBull's advice is sound.

Ditto! At the rate things are going no one will be able to afford the job of f/a except debutantes who are actually living on Daddy's money, or people like me who have an income from previous careers/investments. To this day I do not know how the young f/as at my seniority live on what we make.

If you look at a hub like PHL and you see that a significant portion of the flights are on 50 seat regional jets and if fuel costs are increasing how can these costs be reduced?

Not to mention all of the fuel being burned by the full-size jets taking 45 minutes to taxi to the runway because there are 50 RJ's in line ahead of them.

With all three engines running the entire time.

Latest posts