West Coast Repeat

Seatacus

Veteran
Aug 19, 2002
Puget Sound
www.usaviation.com
OK... we are back on the West coast with a bigger presence. Can we keep it going or are we gonna cave like before. I hate to sound pessimistic but past history shows we don't want to compete on the West coast. Don't get me wrong, I want us to be successful on this side of the country but I need to see some signs that we are going to make this thing work. :)

Seatacus said:
OK... we are back on the West coast with a bigger presence. Can we keep it going or are we gonna cave like before. I hate to sound pessimistic but past history shows we don't want to compete on the West coast. Don't get me wrong, I want us to be successful on this side of the country but I need to see some signs that we are going to make this thing work. :)
[post="306013"][/post]​

With a new management team in position, and some history under our belts, hopefully we can reclaim what we gave away on the west coast. HP customer loyalty will hopefully keep passengers with us, and maybe even bring some new ones onboard. Keep your fingers crossed, and keep a positive attitude. We CAN pull this off!

Piss poor management over the years is the only reason we are not dominant on the West Coast, Carribean, Europe, & Latin America.

The airlines that are either became so at our expense or expanded to areas that USAir easily could have back then....

Seatacus said:
[post="306013"][/post]​

UseYourHead said:
Piss poor management over the years is the only reason we are not dominant on the West Coast, Carribean, Europe, & Latin America.

The airlines that are either became so at our expense or expanded to areas that USAir easily could have back then....
[post="306027"][/post]​

We are making great strides in Carib, LA, and Europe. Look for continued expansion in these markets, as well as Central America in the near future.

UseYourHead said:

[post="306027"][/post]​

I don't see how you can criticize what they've done in the Caribbean. They've went from virtually nothing to being the #2 carrier there in the last 5-6 years. Baldanza and Leo (not giving Ashby credit here) did a great job there.

Now there are plenty, plenty, plenty of other areas more than worthy of lots of criticism. That's not one of them.

ringmaruf said:
I don't see how you can criticize what they've done in the Caribbean. They've went from virtually nothing to being the #2 carrier there in the last 5-6 years. Baldanza and Leo (not giving Ashby credit here) did a great job there.

Now there are plenty, plenty, plenty of other areas more than worthy of lots of criticism. That's not one of them.
[post="306035"][/post]​

If we're doing so good in the caribbean why is it we only fly to the Caymans on the weekend and the rest of the week is code share? The End

ps: I would love to see us grow out west.

The End said:
If we're doing so good in the caribbean why is it we only fly to the Caymans on the weekend and the rest of the week is code share? The End
[post="306276"][/post]​

Ummm....because the island was decimated by a hurricane? We were about 2x daily before that. I hear they're going to up the frequencies come February, probably go at least daily again.

ringmaruf said:
Ummm....because the island was decimated by a hurricane? We were about 2x daily before that. I hear they're going to up the frequencies come February, probably go at least daily again.
[post="306288"][/post]​

Good point. Being it was last year it didn't cross my mind. The End