West Employees an Educated & Informed Vote

jim425

Aug 11, 2007
Before you agree to the new contract with the provision of a wage increase you should be informed that most of your wages will be eaten away by some of the terms that are in the 2005 Fleet Service agreement. Case in point these being for 100% family medical insurance coverage which entails you and your dependants the cost to you will be 315.00 per month and 11.40 per month for dental for full time employees and for part time employees the rate is 2x.
There will no longer be double time if you work your second day off. There will only be 5 paid holidays. There will no longer be a company match to your 401K plan, instead you will receive the IAM pension with the current hourly pension rate of $1.05 as of 7/2/07 for full timers and .65 as of 7/14/08 for part time employees and will increase only .10 but not until January 2011. You will no longer be paid 100% for sick days. Profit sharing will no longer be
distributed including what is already in the profit sharing fund for 2007.
Effective December 31, 2011 the cities that are listed to possibly be out sourced you can almost guarantee that
the company will definitely out source these stations.
With no full time- part time ratio the company will no longer create full time positions using part timers to fill vacancies because there is no longer a full time part time ratio.
Weigh all these options before even considering how to vote take into effect the lossses that you really will suffer before taking the money that is offered by the company....is a pittance worth having to use most of your paycheck to pay for health coverage really worth it.
For further information please read the entire 2005 Fleet service agreement to ensure that you have all the pertinent facts before voting.

Attn : All West Employees and Junior Agents
Please go back up and read Jim425's listing
again..It will cost you...Notice that alot of the
language says' for ''West Employees' Only''
because Easts' is worse..your coming down
not going up....
Thanks

Before you agree to the new contract with the provision of a wage increase you should be informed that most of your wages will be eaten away by some of the terms that are in the 2005 Fleet Service agreement. Case in point these being for 100% family medical insurance coverage which entails you and your dependants the cost to you will be 315.00 per month and 11.40 per month for dental for full time employees and for part time employees the rate is 2x.
There will no longer be double time if you work your second day off. There will only be 5 paid holidays. There will no longer be a company match to your 401K plan, instead you will receive the IAM pension with the current hourly pension rate of $1.05 as of 7/2/07 for full timers and .65 as of 7/14/08 for part time employees and will increase only .10 but not until January 2011. You will no longer be paid 100% for sick days. Profit sharing will no longer be
Effective December 31, 2011 the cities that are listed to possibly be out sourced you can almost guarantee that
With no full time- part time ratio the company will no longer create full time positions using part timers to fill vacancies because there is no longer a full time part time ratio.
Weigh all these options before even considering how to vote take into effect the lossses that you really will suffer before taking the money that is offered by the company....is a pittance worth having to use most of your paycheck to pay for health coverage really worth it.
For further information please read the entire 2005 Fleet service agreement to ensure that you have all the pertinent facts before voting.

hello , MONEY MONEY MONEY!!!! all west workers , take a good hard look at your current AWA payscale , then put the NEW proposed pay scale NEXT to the old one , look up your year , and read what your NEW wage would be .... enough said ...

hello , MONEY MONEY MONEY!!!!
I'll go with Piney on this one - not that it's any of my business......

That payscale "money money money" only affects that line on your paycheck that says "Gross Income" (or words to that effect). All those "inconsequential" details show up on those lines between "Gross Income" and "Net Income" (or only in your pension statement). A higher "Gross" number means nothing if the "Net" number is the same or smaller. Look at the whole package and see if it's better for you or not.

Jim

health care is important , but isn't what your essiantially saying in the first part is that we former AWA workers are going to lose our AWA provided healthcare by completely merging with the IAM ? Wouldn't that happen no matter WHAT contract was given to us ?i mean the only alternatie would be for the company to take on the ENTIRE iam work force and pay for their medical the way they are paying for our nows? Wouldnt that increase company costs hugely therby reducing any pay raises for us?

BoeingBoy and Pineybob understand what needs to be done. Compare the whole package. The company hopes everyone sees "Money, Money, Money" and votes yes for this thing. The "Money, Money, Money" will be for the execs. If someone offers you a raise but ups your costs and takes away your benefits it does you no good. This is the equivalent of when Wolf gave up his salary for the remainder of a year but kept his bonus money. Easy to sound like a martyr giving up your salary when it's peanuts compared to the bonuses you'll get. It's all in how pretty the package is wrapped for some. It does me no good at Christmas to grab the prettiest present with the biggest bow if all it contains is Dog S***T. Be smart people. They could hand me a contract with a payscale showing me earning $75.00 and hour but if it stated they could contract out all jobs it wouldn't do me a damn bit of good holding that payscale as I'm waiting in the unemployment line.

well i'm going to make the obvious assumption that the fincials can't be ALL bad on this thing , otherwise why would any east worker vote yes for it? It is only we in the west who will face this medical insurance cost increase , but our pay rates will be increasing as well so that offsets it to a degree... Look at it like this west workers , as that we know we're going to get hit with the medical insurance cost increases , isn't it in our best possible interests to get the higest wage the company will pay per hour to help offset it ?

If we vote no on this contract and lose the arbitration award case the company could come back with a lower pay rate .... it's a real possiblity ...

As far as sick pay and holiday pay goes, i think we all were of the general concensus that we would have traded it away at the start of the merger if we could have gotten the wages and working conditions that the east workers make today ...

By accepting this contract we are doing just what we would have done could we have done it ... But for us the pot is sweeter because we're going to make even more money .

also that quote about 315 a month , is that a single person ? is that a wife and two kids , where did you get that number?

I'll go with Piney on this one - not that it's any of my business......

That payscale "money money money" only affects that line on your paycheck that says "Gross Income" (or words to that effect). All those "inconsequential" details show up on those lines between "Gross Income" and "Net Income" (or only in your pension statement). A higher "Gross" number means nothing if the "Net" number is the same or smaller. Look at the whole package and see if it's better for you or not.

Jim

Hey Jim:
That higher gross income may mean higher taxes.

GREAT POINTS Jim

Let me add my $.02 worth. I speak not only as a (recently) former US employee, but also as a former IAM represented employee, and as a former IAM Shop Steward and Commitee member. First, read evey word of the TA, I mean every single word, and as Piney suggests have a pencil and paper handy. Keep good notes, and do the math. Compare everything, changes in hourly rate, holiday pay, number of holidays, sick pay %'s, insurance contributions, and pension numbers. As many "old timers" will tell you, the rule of thumb with TA's is always vote no on the first one. I'm not sure if that is ncessarily true, but if you don't know every inch of both your current agreement and the TA you cannot make the best decision for YOU. If you're an East employee make sre you also know the details of the pending arbitration so may make informed judgements regarding the risk/reward ratio when deciding. I would also make sure you know the contracts of NW/AA/WN so you have a basis for comparison to the rest of the industry. Once you know ALL the details cast the vote that is in YOUR best interest. Remember this will be YOUR contract and you WILL live under it for almost a decade when you remember the average negotiating time following the amendable date.

For all of you on here looking at the Money money money remember it's not how much you make it's how much you keep.
Piney's right. This company is good at shifting money all around, and making it look as if you are getting a huge raise, but take other things such as vacation, sick time, holiday, overtime,etc. That is exactly what they did to the West flight attendants the first time around. And boy did we get screwed!! Lost so many other things, the raise was really a joke!!! <_<

The TA, only changes articles in the CBA that are contained in the TA. So if it is no mentioned in the TA, it does not change from the current CBA.

The outsourcing language practically matches the 1999 FSA. Those stations got outsourced before the contract expired. I guarantee the west field stations will be goners.

well i'm going to make the obvious assumption that the fincials can't be ALL bad on this thing , otherwise why would any east worker vote yes for it? It is only we in the west who will face this medical insurance cost increase , but our pay rates will be increasing as well so that offsets it to a degree... Look at it like this west workers , as that we know we're going to get hit with the medical insurance cost increases , isn't it in our best possible interests to get the higest wage the company will pay per hour to help offset it ?

If we vote no on this contract and lose the arbitration award case the company could come back with a lower pay rate .... it's a real possiblity ...

As far as sick pay and holiday pay goes, i think we all were of the general concensus that we would have traded it away at the start of the merger if we could have gotten the wages and working conditions that the east workers make today ...

By accepting this contract we are doing just what we would have done could we have done it ... But for us the pot is sweeter because we're going to make even more money .

also that quote about 315 a month , is that a single person ? is that a wife and two kids , where did you get that number?

THE 315 A MONTH IS FOR THE FAMILY AND THEIR CHILDREN. THE INFORMATION CAME DIRECTLY FROM THE 2005 FLEET SERVICE CONTRACT. THAT IS WHY I SUGGEST THAT YOU READ A COPY OF THAT AGREEMENT BEFORE YOU DECIDE HOW TO VOTE.