West Fa's working East routes.

WCT

Veteran
May 8, 2007
Visit site
Im just wondering?
You all on the east fly the whole time with your pilots, not over an 8 hour block, right??

So let me tell you how excited we are to have taken your routes??! NOT!!!

Try PHL-SFO-PHL, OR HOW BOUT SAN-CLT-SAN, OR PHL-LAS-CLT, OR PDX-PHL-PDX, PBI-CLT-PBI-CLT-LAS-PHX??? All in one 13+ hr duty day, and less money!!
And we get to change pilots every leg, how does that sound???
Just to give you an example of our schedules on the good ole West side! Ready to move to the PHX HUB now??!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :shock: :shock:

Im just wondering?
You all on the east fly the whole time with your pilots, not over an 8 hour block, right??

Try PHL-SFO-PHL, OR HOW BOUT SAN-CLT-SAN, OR PHL-LAS-CLT, OR PDX-PHL-PDX, PBI-CLT-PBI-CLT-LAS-PHX??? All in one 13+ hr duty day, and less money!!
Just to give you an example of our schedules on the good ole West side! Ready to move to the PHX HUB now??!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :shock: :shock:
You do all this in one day? You would not see that on the east coast. Can't block over 8hrs schedule in one day. (just for the record we have some pretty crappy stuff here too).

You do all this in one day? You would not see that on the east coast. Can't block over 8hrs schedule in one day. (just for the record we have some pretty crappy stuff here too).
Read my post clearly. YES!! We do East coast turns! That is why our mgmt has given us a lot of your routes, and new ones out of PDX,(Portland) to the East markets. They can work us longer duty days, block up to 11 credits in one day, 14.30 duty! We have seniors working PHX-JFK-PHX roundtrips two times a week, and are off 22 days a month! :rolleyes:

Read my post clearly. YES!! We do East coast turns! That is why our mgmt has given us a lot of your routes, and new ones out of PDX,(Portland) to the East markets. They can work us longer duty days, block up to 11 credits in one day, 14.30 duty! We have seniors working PHX-JFK-PHX roundtrips three times a week, and are off 22 days a month! :rolleyes:
Our "me-too" clause w/ our pilots means that we cannot be scheduled for over 8+00 hrs hard time in one day but can go over just in irregular OPS. We can be scheduled up to but not over a 14 hour day...however once again in irregular ops we can go up to 15hrs....(14:45 + 15 minute debrief).

I personally would love to get a lot more time in for one day and work less days a month. It takes us somtimes 18-20 days to get our 85-90 hours in...so we are only off 10 days a month.

Be careful what you wish for.......the 22 days off a month some of you get on the West side would be a dream come true to me. We have some pairings where you do one leg to a place like DFW and sit for 30+ hours...it's tied into a 4 day trip that pays 20 hrs.

I might be exhausted the day after the transcon turn like you all have but would be home w/ my family more. I would take that anyday.

You may not want the East to know about these.
:p I was thinking the same thing---I'll give them my 6 legs in 13:58 up and down the East coast on the 73 w/ quick turns and us cleaning the A/C for what they are doing....Had no intention of going to PHX or LAS but they're starting to make it look REAL good !!! :shock: :shock: :shock:
AND---we wouldn't have to clean as it's West of the Missippi long haul !

You may not want the East to know about these.
OOPS!! It is the truth. Our schedule pairings sux big time. Work more, longer layovers, less days off too! The turn days are only the elite senior people in PHX, class 2,3,4-20 maybe. Our seniors are too concentrated with Hawaii! The company is cutting back on Hawaii starting in August. Wonder why???

OOPS!! It is the truth. Our schedule pairings sux big time. Work more, longer layovers, less days off too! The turn days are only the elite senior people in PHX, class 2,3,4-20 maybe. Our seniors are too concentrated with Hawaii! The company is cutting back on Hawaii starting in August. Wonder why???
How about this...for September, all the red-eyes to the West Coast have been taken away from PIT and PHL...not sure where they went. Haven't seen CLTs pairings yet.....
I have heard that you all get 5:10 a day so a red-eye pays 15:30 over on the West side, that's why CLT had triple the amount of red-eyes lately...we only get flight time plus maybe a little 1-3.5.
Most of our red-eyes that depart the East in the afternoon/evening pay only 11 or 12. Now they have disappeared at least in two bases....perhaps that and the reduction of Hawaii service is at the advice of the new consultants......All I can say is that every red eye I work West to East is PACKED.

OOPS!! Our seniors are too concentrated with Hawaii! The company is cutting back on Hawaii starting in August. Wonder why???

In whatever little history we have going to the islands, we have always cut back in the "low-season". In May and from late August until about Thanksgiving we cut down flights. There will be a couple of 50 hour layovers and quite a bit of deadheading back and forth to the mainland (at full credit, thankfully).

Hot rumor is that the company would like to bring a couple of 767s in for the Hawaii winter rush, and move some 757 ETOPS to the East Coast to take over some of the Northern European runs. (According to the pilots' Transition Agreement, the East can take over 1 Hawaii run a day, and the West can do the same to the Europe / Caribbean routes).

Not sure of the possibilities IF there ever is a joint certificate (not to be confused with a joint contract). Some seem to think, that in that case, the company could send 767s to PHX to be flown by West crews, and send West 757s the opposite way and have them flown by East crews.

In whatever little history we have going to the islands, we have always cut back in the "low-season". In May and from late August until about Thanksgiving we cut down flights. There will be a couple of 50 hour layovers and quite a bit of deadheading back and forth to the mainland (at full credit, thankfully).

Hot rumor is that the company would like to bring a couple of 767s in for the Hawaii winter rush, and move some 757 ETOPS to the East Coast to take over some of the Northern European runs. (According to the pilots' Transition Agreement, the East can take over 1 Hawaii run a day, and the West can do the same to the Europe / Caribbean routes).

Not sure of the possibilities IF there ever is a joint certificate (not to be confused with a joint contract). Some seem to think, that in that case, the company could send 767s to PHX to be flown by West crews, and send West 757s the opposite way and have them flown by East crews.
I thought that until we had joint contracts we couldn't fly each others metal....or is it certificates ?
Can anyone clarify ?

Some seem to think, that in that case, the company could send 767s to PHX to be flown by West crews, and send West 757s the opposite way and have them flown by East crews.
Not true until there's a joint contract. What can happen is that East crews could fly an East 767 to Hawaii (possibly only one route) and West crews could fly West 757's to a number of European destinations.

Jim

Im just wondering?

What makes you think anyone wants to move to PHX?
Sorry, not me. CLT's hot enough.
:lol:

Im just wondering?

By the time anybody can move to anothers base, who knows if we will stay with the pilots or not and what the trips will look like. Just depends on what is in the new contract.....(snicker) if they ever manage to actually send something out for a vote that is.

Read my post clearly. YES!! We do East coast turns! That is why our mgmt has given us a lot of your routes, and new ones out of PDX,(Portland) to the East markets. They can work us longer duty days, block up to 11 credits in one day, 14.30 duty! We have seniors working PHX-JFK-PHX roundtrips two times a week, and are off 22 days a month! :rolleyes:
Yes, this is why the senior people will go to PHX. They will work the 8 days a month and do the JFK turns. You betcha.