West Shipping for Employees

Furloughd4now

Veteran
Feb 21, 2004
Look up, there I am!
Does west offer shipping for employees? (on commercial flights) If so, is there a fee?

Also is there a limitation? I know u East used to offer it (PDQ?) , but do they still do as well?

Eventually I will need to ship several boxes to PHX, and I rather not pay the discount on FedEx.

Thanks!

Does west offer shipping for employees? (on commercial flights) If so, is there a fee?

Also is there a limitation? I know u East used to offer it (PDQ?) , but do they still do as well?

Eventually I will need to ship several boxes to PHX, and I rather not pay the discount on FedEx.

Thanks!

We still do PDQ for employees from the east. I thought I heard on the agents say that you can only ship stuff up to one pound though. He says most of the PDQ employee shipments are for flight attendants or pilots who may have forgotten something in Philly before commuting back home.

You should still be able to get a discount on Cargo shipping. If not, give FedEx Ground a try, as they are very reasonable...

Thanks!
I moved 8 box's Wt. about 50-70 lb each from Chicago to Phx. at no extra charge when I flew back on AWA/USAirways

I had actually moved on HP cargo when I transfered to a field station, but that was pre 9/11. I am quite sure that cargo for employees is still not allowed (in the bulk I'm thinking of) due to 9/11 restrictions on cargo.

That being said, HP pass travel policy does not charge excess baggage to employees and their eligibles for items up to 99lbs.

From the horses mouth:

D. EXCESS BAGGAGE <

1. FEE WAIVED BAGGAGE <

NO CHARGES WILL BE INCURRED ON EXCESS BAGGAGE FOR
PASS TRAVELERS -EXCEPT UNACCOMPANIED GUEST PASS
PASSENGERS- AS A WAY TO LIMIT CARRY-ON ITEMS,
UP TO A MAXIMUM OF 100LBS PER PIECE CHECKED. THIS
INCLUDES SPORTING EQUIPMENT. HP DOES NOT ACCEPT BAGS
OVER 80 INCHES. FOR THE EXCESS BAGGAGE POLICY
PERTAINING TO GUEST PASS PASSENGERS, SEE G*97.

NON-REV PSGRS *ARE NOT* TO BE GIVEN SPECIAL HANDLING
TAGS EXCEPT FOR ACCEPTABLE ITEMS SUCH AS STROLLERS
CARSEATS, WHEELCHAIRS/ASSISTANCE DEVICES, AND
DEADHEAD CREW LUGGAGE.

However, just from my own experience checking in 18 boxes as checked baggage, you may want to arrive early, and if this is a station you work in, talk to an agt ahead of time so you dont end up on someone's bad side, haha!

you cant ship cargo on the west but as an employee you can check unlimited amount of Baggage, my suggestion is that you pack boxes that arent o big and not over 100 lbs, you will have no problem then.

On the East side employees are considered known shippers. Security screening applies but you can ship if you have more than a year's seniority.

I believe there is a 50% discount.