WestJet's AMFA/Engineers reach a T/A with the company

BTW Hero this is only for information purposes. Since you brought up Base closures at AA I just checked the Seniority Lists for TWU/ IAM represented members at AA.

We have over:

11,000 AMT’s
3,000 Related
20,000 FSA’s

For a total of over 34,000 Association members.

Why I’m mentioning that is because since the merger we’ve grown the membership by almost 5,000 total heads. Part of that of course is due to more Aircraft but it’s also due to a mix of AA willingly adding headcount and our Contracts driving the need.

Just passing on the information.

Oh give it a rest - you haunt damn near every one of SWAMECH's posts - you deride almost anything said about AMFA no matter how benign - and yes, when it comes to AMFA you clearly have an agenda.

You are most certainly entitled to your "opinion" but when it comes to the subject of AMFA don't even try to claim its an objective one. Your own posts on this forum speak volumes to that.

On AMFA letterhead? I don't know - Why don't you call them, and find out?

Dude I didn’t post for around a week and the “second” I did you were here to jump on me. So apparently it’s you who’s living here. I bet if I disappeared for a month you’d also be back the “second” I surprised you. So give it a rest yourself. It’s you who has the agenda.

BTW how can you not have a copy since you’re such a loyal salesman for them?

Ok for ANYONE that might come here someday and try to gauge whether or not I’m being nice to AMFA I just went to their LM2’s to find this.

Bravo 👏 to AMFA that they are growing. As of the 2023 report they had over 4,300 Members. Plant a seed and eventually they grew a bush.

Their Dues are reasonable as well. 👏

IMG_0816.jpeg

Westjet AME's were pretty amazing in both position and participation solidarity - well over 90% in both

Yes, according to AMFA with results from an ElectionBuddy tally - ElectionBuddy is essentially the Canadian Ballotpoint.

The realities are clearly played out on the reddit streams I've read, maybe you're not looking hard enough.

Who says AMFA National doesn't want to share the details?

Westjet has no equivalent to Tulsa, and they do not perform heavy maintenance in house.

The Tulsa base was already in existence, and heavy maintenance was already being performed. The TWU worked with AA setting production goals - I saw no mention of any of this being cast in contractual language or part of a CBA negotiation.
The article does bring up some interesting items ...

What happened to TAESL?

What happened to Alliance?

What happened to the Kansas City maintenance base?
Yes. They were amazingly united. They showed the world how it gets done.
AMFA National will share the details once the voting is all done and counted, as long as it passes, which I'm sure it will this time. Should be this week though so stay tuned. Whoever is saying AMFA doesn't want to share is spreading BS again as you know.

Yes. They were amazingly united. They showed the world how it gets done.
AMFA National will share the details once the voting is all done and counted, as long as it passes, which I'm sure it will this time. Should be this week though so stay tuned. Whoever is saying AMFA doesn't want to share is spreading BS again as you know.

Whoever is me!!!! Wave 👋 Oh please please please pay attention to me. Boo Hoo Boo Hoo that you have me on ignore.

In reality it’s probably better that the details aren’t shared publicly until after the vote as outside influences could put in their two cents polluting the negotiating team from explaining the details. The group is small enough that it’s better to keep it contained.

I look forward to reading the full deal when AMFA decides to release it.

Back