What a relief!

Ken MacTiernan

Veteran
Aug 12, 2003
San Diego CA
www.amtausa.com
Whew! What a relief! NO!!! Not our filing for bankruptcy silly! It's a releif that the TWU will be fighting for us in bk.

Let me see if the BIG picture is clear.

TWU International APPOINTED officers will be leading the defense for our needs in bk? Right?

What ever concessions that are asked for by AA to the BK judge will be argued by the APPOINTED ONES? Right?

When the BK judge signs off on whatever concessions we are going to be forced to swallow, (Damn, we will not get another "without further ratification" speech!), these same APPOINTED ONES will not have to worry themselves too much because they will not have to endure/carry/live under these future burdens? Right?

I can't wait for more words of wisdom such as "lower your expectations" and "put this in our rear view mirror".

What a relief it is knowing that people I did not elect, who do not live under the contracts I live under will continue to receive three times what I make.

It's too bad you guys haven't replaced the worthless union. The only thing worse than having the TWU represent you during self-help has got to be the TWU representing you in Ch 11.

Reactions: 1 person
Don't worry about unions now. The company goes to the judge, tells him/her what they want and "blammo"! Been there done it and wouldn't wish it on anyone. Sorry for what you are about to receive.

Whew! What a relief! NO!!! Not our filing for bankruptcy silly! It's a releif that the TWU will be fighting for us in bk.

Let me see if the BIG picture is clear.

TWU International APPOINTED officers will be leading the defense for our needs in bk? Right?

What ever concessions that are asked for by AA to the BK judge will be argued by the APPOINTED ONES? Right?

When the BK judge signs off on whatever concessions we are going to be forced to swallow, (Damn, we will not get another "without further ratification" speech!), these same APPOINTED ONES will not have to worry themselves too much because they will not have to endure/carry/live under these future burdens? Right?

I can't wait for more words of wisdom such as "lower your expectations" and "put this in our rear view mirror".

What a relief it is knowing that people I did not elect, who do not live under the contracts I live under will continue to receive three times what I make.
your a goof, to put it nicely. I'm surprised your not telling us about how AMP is going to file any day also. But I guess I will give you credit for still posting .Unlike your minions. no where to be found!!!

Reactions: 2 people
your a goof, to put it nicely. I'm surprised your not telling us about how AMP is going to file any day also. But I guess I will give you credit for still posting .Unlike your minions. no where to be found!!!

Maybe Kenny can carry a bust around the NYC BK Court during the proceedings 7 times while drinking an AMP energy drink to prevent concessions.

Reactions: 3 people

Could not have said it better!

Hey Overspeed, maybe you can come to New York and show us what to do in bankruptcy court since you have all the wisdom? Oh thats right, i dont know who you are and could not pick you out of a crowd.
let me know when you can make it and I will pick you up at JFK.

Hey Overspeed, maybe you can come to New York and show us what to do in bankruptcy court since you have all the wisdom? Oh thats right, i dont know who you are and could not pick you out of a crowd.
let me know when you can make it and I will pick you up at JFK.

I am like a giant inflatable rat walking softly in the night.

What's the matter? I thought you knew this was coming? Thuggery, misinformation, and a multitude of other BS got us right where many were saying. Bob said we would be better off in BK. Well here's his chance to prove it. I am so ready to see him work his magic on the BK judge and it is so conveniently located for him.

How'd you like the news that the PBGC said AA pensions will be paid out short $1B? Great deal. Of course this was all a foregone conclusion. Face it, the vote no coalition got their behinds handed to them but unfortunately you will not all be the ones on the street. The member's jobs you gambled with will be on the street and you still get to work with Bob oiling engines doing ETOPS. There is no justice in this world that unaccountable union officers such as yourself do not pay the direct price for your decisions as well. Arpey is gone, how about you and Bob admit you got played and walk away hat in hand.

Reactions: 2 people
Face it, the vote no coalition got their behinds handed to them but unfortunately you will not all be the ones on the street. The member's jobs you gambled with will be on the street and you still get to work with Bob oiling engines doing ETOPS. There is no justice in this world that unaccountable union officers such as yourself do not pay the direct price for your decisions as well. Arpey is gone, how about you and Bob admit you got played and walk away hat in hand.
How soon you forget that 2/3's of the membership was the vote no coalition. We all voted against another concessionary contract so get over it. Would a judge not look favorably on not only the millions of dollars that the union members saved the compAAny by turning down the contract, but working 3 1/2 years without a raise? In the end we could possibly save as much as we've lost, laying the groundwork for another raging debate on this forum.

How soon you forget that 2/3's of the membership was the vote no coalition. We all voted against another concessionary contract so get over it. Would a judge not look favorably on not only the millions of dollars that the union members saved the compAAny by turning down the contract, but working 3 1/2 years without a raise? In the end we could possibly save as much as we've lost, laying the groundwork for another raging debate on this forum.
As long as we get rid of TUL first......