What are your future plans?

What are your future plans?

• I plan on staying until I retire which is really soon.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I plan on staying here forever! This place sucks but I love the drama!

• I'm waiting to see our next contract before I think about leaving.

• I'm waiting to see if we merge with a real airline before I think about leaving.

• I'm currently looking for a new job with another airline and I want out of this mess ASAP

• I'm currently looking for a new job outside of the aviation industry and I want out of this mess ASA

• I'm currently working towards a new career and will leave when I am finished. (i.e. taking classes)

• I don't know.

• Total voters

FlightChic

Veteran
Feb 18, 2007
I'm just curious. What are your future plans. We all come on here and b!tch and complain about how much US Airways sucks. But how many of you truly are happy here and how many of you are planning to leave this place. As much as I love this job I must admit I can't see myself doing this for much longer because of the low wages and ill treatment of us "bottom feeders". It just seems like a dead end job. It was nothing like this when I started. It's so sad because after having been furloughed and worked in the "real world" where you are always held accountable and have major responsibilities I am having more fun than ever. It's just like being in college all over again really - lots of drama, partying, and good times, but also broke. I know eventually I will have to leave this place but I will miss all the fun and the people. Oh well. I'm just curious as to what everyone else is planning for their future.

You neglected to make an "already left because this place was going to hell in a handbasket and life after US is great" category on which to vote. That would be mine!

You neglected to make an "already left because this place was going to hell in a handbasket and life after US is great" category on which to vote. That would be mine!
If La Vida is that great after USAirways, why are you wasting your time on these boards? :lol:

Oh snap! I did didn't I! I didn't even think to add that one. I'm glad you're much happier now.

QUOTE (spanglish @ Feb 14 2008, 08:49 AM)
If La Vida is that great after USAirways, why are you wasting your time on these boards?

Well, I will admit, these boards can be addicting! It's so much fun to read what is going on and how everyone is doing. I still frequent chatboards from my former career even though I'm no longer in it. It's still entertaining to get the scoop. Then I think to myself "Wow, I'm glad I'm not doing that anymore." LOL!

I occationally read this board just to remind myself how much better I'm doing after USairways. My job does get old but at least I'm getting a fair shake. I see big advertising adds for hiring mechanics at USairways - sorry - I'm way out of that league now!

I myself have already started my search for something new. I have close friends and family ask me how much longer I'm going to make excuses as to why I stay. Listen folks, you will have next to NOTHING when you retire. We make zip, have zip match to your 401k, no room for advancement as a f/a unless you become a boot licker. Your also capped out at 14 years never to make another raise. You'll be aimlessly pushing a beverage cart around being beaten up by scheduling for something between 25k-40k. Is it really worth it? Oh hell I guess you COULD make more if you worked every waking day of the month. I have never EVER worked for a company where the union is THIS dysfunctional on ALL levels and gives partial protection from a company who despises it's workforce. Have I painted a pretty picture? It's pretty accurate to me. I say ditch this B!tch and make the switch. :lol: Oh well hey, you DO get a lot of time off and free travel. :rolleyes:

I myself have already started my search for something new. I have close friends and family ask me how much longer I'm going to make excuses as to why I stay. Listen folks, you will have next to NOTHING when you retire. We make zip, have zip match to your 401k, no room for advancement as a f/a unless you become a boot licker. Your also capped out at 14 years never to make another raise. You'll be aimlessly pushing a beverage cart around being beaten up by scheduling for something between 25k-40k. Is it really worth it? Oh hell I guess you COULD make more if you worked every waking day of the month. I have never EVER worked for a company where the union is THIS dysfunctional on ALL levels and gives partial protection from a company who despises it's workforce. Have I painted a pretty picture? It's pretty accurate to me. I say ditch this B!tch and make the switch. :lol: Oh well hey, you DO get a lot of time off and free travel. :rolleyes:

That is my thoughts exactly! I totally agree! :up: :up: :up:

I was looking at our salary versus what I would be making if I went back to teaching. I would automatically get triple what I make here. Granted, I would be working a lot more, but I would be making a lot more right off the bat, not to mention in a few more years I would be making way more than what our senior mamas who are topped out working 150 hours a month transatlantic flights make. Let's say I don't want to teach for the rest of my life, well I can take night classes for something else I want to do. I've done it before and I can do it again. The fact of the matter is, I am making $1100 with 8 years' seniority, or at least that's what I was making until Christmas. Many companies match your 401k, but not US Airways. That is terrible! Also, have you all noticed a difference in our f/as who are in their 40's+ who have been here for over 20 years versus our f/as who are 40+ who have been here for 8,9, or 10 years? The ones who are "junior" look younger, refreshed, and happier than the ones who have been here for 20+ years. I don't want to look old, worn out, bitter, and wrinkled like some I have seen. I actually feel bad for them because some of them are really nice but like the rest of us are beyond frustrated. I'm not trying to offend anyone here but this job can take a toll on one's body and health after a while. While the time off has been nice, not being able to pay my bills is starting to become really problematic at this point, especially when you have unexpected medical or family emergencies where you can't work but must still pay bills. That makes it a million times worse! As for the free travel, the way our sucky reserve schedules are, I don't have time to travel anyway. I love all my friends here and I love the time off, but my friends nor my free time pays my bills. :down:

flight chic,
Great IDEA !!

I am a airline brat 2nd generation. So unfortunately or fortunately (depends how you look at it).. I am here for live

it maybe sad but I don't know anything else but the airline business ..

IF everything pans out with all the other mergers, and US stands alone?? Heaven help us?! We are headed for another deadzone. Especially with the pilot fiasco. At least you all on the east have concession agreements to continue getting some due wages. We on the West are stuck with nothing!!! I will be topped out soon, but on 10 year ago wages! My only saving grace is I still hold a block/line. IF we can ever get this mess fiqured out, there is hope for you Easties to transfer and have somewhat better lifestyle out in PHX. At least you will be holding a line/block. Makes a big difference when you are trying to make a living, at least. :)

That all depends on the contract and staffing model. On one contract PHX blockholder/reserve ratio will be the same as other bases, good or bad.

That all depends on the contract and staffing model. On one contract PHX blockholder/reserve ratio will be the same as other bases, good or bad.
That depends on what is negotiated for the PHX/PHL/CLT etc bases? Why should us westies be on a stangnant rsv system like the East? There is no reason, or benefit?! We will no vote for such nonsense. I know a lot of our flexibility will be compromised, but going back on RSV is for the birds, as far as I am concerned! :rolleyes:

Latest posts