What do You Want?

Guys/Gals

I feel that this site has a lot more fussing and bitching than actual tips and suggesting about things! Please tell us what you would like without fussing about our current situation! What language or rules would you like in your new contract? What wording, pay, health care benefits pass privileges, vacation passes, shift rotations, retirement, etc….

What would you like in your new “contract?â€￾
This is just your personal wish list?

Here is a start: My Wish List (In a perfect World :D )

Pay equal across the board east and west.
Combined Contracts and Trained on all Equipment (A340/330 -2- EMB 190’s)
I would like a higher percentage placed in my account by the company into my 401K.
I would like better language for Reserves, and Line holders alike.
Moral Improvements from Corp down to the front line employees.
Management actually working the line (without disciplining to actually know what the “real world is likeâ€￾ with “realâ€￾ issues online)
I would like Management to fix our issues in OPS….

Pay raises for the east, and bring the west up to the east rates.
No more 6 leg days
Min rest boosted to 11 hours, waivable to 10
No more tagging out west
Free web based access to schedule and bidding
Dry cleaning allowance
Greater commuter protection
Night pay/international pay/aft lead pay/holiday pay for everyone
Keep west vacation policy
Better sick pay/more days
2 personal days to use each year, no question asked by the company
Full deadhead pay
Reserve guarntee pay upped to 75 hours
Half pay for all sit time at airports .... west is really abusing this making us sit for 3hrs 44 mins in the airport....
Full pay for OPR/HOT sitting at the airport
Perdiem to 2.25 per hour domestic and 2.75 international

That is just a start....

-30-35 days of vacation at minimum of 4.0 cr hour per
-pick up trips outside of domicile via ETB
-Split trip to be picked up (drop a turn at the beginning .or end of a trip).
-forget the dry cleaning allowance...move that money into something more productive.
-Training pay to be paid via "credit" not per day.
-Computer training...hate the home study packets!!!! hate them!!!!!!!!!!!!
-Pay rates that are comparable to other carriers, but not "out of whack"...must be real.
-Full deadhead pay.
-Maximum duty day not to exceed 14.5 hours unless agreed to by FA's under very clean circumstances and with more pay.
-Line constructed with "cadence".
-Higher match on 401k plan.
-Profit sharing and employee ownership or stock options.

-30-35 days of vacation at minimum of 4.0 cr hour per
-pick up trips outside of domicile via ETB
-Split trip to be picked up (drop a turn at the beginning .or end of a trip).
-forget the dry cleaning allowance...move that money into something more productive.
-Training pay to be paid via "credit" not per day.
-Computer training...hate the home study packets!!!! hate them!!!!!!!!!!!!
-Pay rates that are comparable to other carriers, but not "out of whack"...must be real.
OK, what if an employee does not have a computer? I know its rare but there are some people that refuse to get one.

OK, what if an employee does not have a computer? I know its rare but there are some people that refuse to get one.

That employee, must "get with the times"...computers are so common that it's hard to imagine how one lives without it.

And just so you guys know, management reads everything. They want nothing more than a roadmap on how to screw us. Keep your cards close to your chest and play the game! Some just jump up and down and give them a roadmap on what we "really want". Those things need to be obtained and digested inside AFA/ALPA/CWA circles with surveys and feedbacks forms that Tempe has no access too. And SHAME SHAME SHAME on AFA for not doing this so far in the process.
Does that make sense? We in the East didn't get 40 years of contract launguage by putting our wish list out to God and everyone. It's one thing to share ideas but another to show your hand.

I agree with you totally. Plus the prices now are beyond affordable. You can get a system with LCD monitor for $400.

Here's something that no one has brought up before. Why doesn't the company use some of the millions in supposed profits to purchase several hotels or apartment complexes in the hub cities such as CLT, PHX, or PHL, and rent units to displaced or commuting employees at a subsidized rate? The company would benefit from people being more willing to transfer to hub cities, and would create goodwill which would result in more positive employees.

Here's something that no one has brought up before. Why doesn't the company use some of the millions in supposed profits to purchase several hotels or apartment complexes in the hub cities such as CLT, PHX, or PHL, and rent units to displaced or commuting employees at a subsidized rate? The company would benefit from people being more willing to transfer to hub cities, and would create goodwill which would result in more positive employees.

The company cannot see outside of the sandbox, let alone think outside of it.

I agree with you totally. Plus the prices now are beyond affordable. You can get a system with LCD monitor for $400.

My computer is almost toast. When it goes; I can't afford the 400 for a computer. It is at the bottom of the list of things I need. Besides, if I do end up getting displaced (would have been if the company hadn't of changed its mind) a home based computer doesn't help me much.

IMO, a better solution is to ensure that access to computer system is web based with no downloading of software and then you can gain access to it on any public computer.

I like the book because I can do it anyplace, I did not enjoy last years session of being chained to the computer while at home.

This year they gave me a book and I did a little dance of joy in the crewroom. LOL. Now I can work on it on my overnights and productivity sits without being distracted by housework, toddler, and a host of other daily distractions I have when at home. It is just the way I am wired I guess.

No reason they can't offer both types of learning IMO and let the employee choose the method that works best for them.

SpinDoc, that is a great idea, I would have never have thought I would being saying that to you.

And just so you guys know, management reads everything. They want nothing more than a roadmap on how to screw us. Keep your cards close to your chest and play the game! Some just jump up and down and give them a roadmap on what we "really want". Those things need to be obtained and digested inside AFA/ALPA/CWA circles with surveys and feedbacks forms that Tempe has no access too. And SHAME SHAME SHAME on AFA for not doing this so far in the process.
Does that make sense? We in the East didn't get 40 years of contract launguage by putting our wish list out to God and everyone. It's one thing to share ideas but another to show your hand.

Just shows where the IQ level of the average AWA Flt Attendant is at. Good points beach boy!!

Please tell me you're kidding?