what else does carty have up his sleeve?

----------------
On 4/19/2003 10:40:53 AM amerigojfk wrote:

this guy could always get a job in las vegas or the circus

----------------​
Vegas doesnt want him they run a clean game. Now the circus maybe.

----------------
On 4/19/2003 11:45:55 AM AAObserver wrote:

If Jesus Christ himself were AA''s CEO you guys would be calling him a crook. You''ll never be happy or satisfied with anyone who takes the CEO position.

----------------​
No, I believe Jesus Christ would be honest....

If Jesus Christ himself were AA''s CEO you guys would be calling him a crook. You''ll never be happy or satisfied with anyone who takes the CEO position.

----------------

If Jesus Christ himself were AA's CEO you guys would be calling him a crook. You'll never be happy or satisfied with anyone who takes the CEO position.

----------------​
That is a wonderful statement to make on Easter Weekend?

Who is your man? Satan Himself?

"If Jesus Christ himself were AA''s CEO you guys would be calling him a crook. You''ll never be happy or satisfied with anyone who takes the CEO position."

AA employees voluntarily voted for massive paycuts and job losses in part because of what was thought to be signs of actual leadership to have us survive into the future.

Instead we have two instances a public lying,(the AMR spokesperson saying the unions knew, and the AA pilot administrator on the pilot website stating "NO" increase in benefit costs were made for management).

For a business that is very labor intensive that relies heavily positive service for it''s survival ,(read Herb Kelleher''s book), these moves were made in either absolute arrogant contempt, or due to some form of mental illness. Personally I think it is the latter. This isn''t the first time Carty dropped the ball. When he bumped passengers for his Puerto Vallerta flight, that wasn''t the so bad. What was really stupid was an airline CEO claims he made the reservations a month earlier when the flight had plenty of seats, and was shocked he ended up bumping customers due to a full flight. He sounded sincere, but you have to be a total fool to think DFW-PVR wouldn''t be full on a long holiday winter weekend.

We can all grumble about senior management fulfilling their duties. Their actions went well beyond the norms of honest behavior.

RV4
Do you think we could get AAobservor banned from this board for making derogatory statements about Jesus?
Do not Bring Jesus into this AAobserver he certainly has NOTHING to do with AA mgmt besides praying for their souls.
(or rather AA mgmt has nothing to do with Him)!

I''ll be very happy with a CEO of vision, competence, honesty, and leadership. Leadership implies transparency, self-less dedication to your people, decisiveness, and not even giving the appearance of wrongdoing.

From our present team we''ve seen lack-of-action, no business plan, no future vision, under-the-table self-enrichment, and then feigned appologies when they get caught. They can''t even get the public relations part of this "right."

----------------
On 4/19/2003 1:29:52 PM AAStew wrote:

Do you think we could get AAobservor banned from this board for making derogatory statements about Jesus?

----------------​

Not exactly a comparison I''d make, but if USAviation started banning people for making derogatory statements around here, there''d be nobody left...

----------------

----------------​
What do you base this on? "Shared Sacrifice?" Did you ever hear of Chrysler? Iococa''s Name ring a bell? Now there you have someone who believed in "Shared Sacrifice". I will be satisfied with an honest and competent CEO. Mr. Crandall, please come back, at least we knew where you stood and I know that you understand that the airline has to be shrunk. I don''t mind going to the unemployment line, at least when I get hired somewhere else, it might not be for $10 an hour for an A&P mechanic.