What Exactly Has The Union Done For You?

bulldog

Jul 6, 2005
Without sounding too one sided on this issue, I would respectfuly like to know exactly the benifits of the CWA / IBT have done for you all.
Fact one: They have managed to take money out of your check for Dues. They Negotiated outsorcing of YOUR jobs. They have assisted you in lowering the standard of living and rate of pay you recieved. ( did your Dues go down? did the Union share in this loss?.

Fact two. Times and the working enviroment have dramaticaly changed in the USA over the last decade. Paying a Res agent 25.00 ph to answer a phone is nuts. Look in the local classifieds see what you would make if your union Rules forces this Merger to fail and you are out of work.

We all need to work together assist your co worker, Take care of the Paying Passenger do an honest days work for a FAIR wage.

America West brings a new chance to make this work for all concerned. together we can make a great place to work and we can all say with pride" I work for US AIRWAYS"

VOTE NO ON A MERGER BETWEEN CWA AND IBT Neither have earned your dues

That sounds good compared to our $9.54 per hour. But listen to this==
Doug said he could not ask you==I assume you're in INT==to take another pay cut. He would also raise our salaries to equal yours. Now that sounds fair to me.

drifterreno said:
That sounds good compared to our $9.54 per hour. But listen to this==
Doug said he could not ask you==I assume you're in INT==to take another pay cut. He would also raise our salaries to equal yours. Now that sounds fair to me.
[post="309713"][/post]​

Has Doug raised your wages to meet US wages, yet? He turned TWU down flat cold when this was brought up.

View attachment 3467

Let' see, what has My Union done for me?? The IAM that is...For starters, they stood by as my wages slid downhill to the tune of %40+, then they had the Balls to raise my dues a few months later. The final Screwing came when they once again stood on the sidelines while my Station along with nearly 20 others had their Fleet work outsourced. Of course when one of the Union Reps came to our station, he told us that they had no other option (Powerless) with the Company. Then for the Final Whazoo, they took dues out of my severence checks. When I questioned that, I was told by the Union Clown that if it where not for him and the IAM , that we would not even be getting severence checks....Gee thanks. It seems that I recall furloughed agents collecting severnce prior to the IAM so called Contract was in place. Please note , that NO Jobs were lost or outsourced in the Union Reps Station. So I can safely say that for the entire run of my contract that I got perhaps one wage increase followed by THREE rounds of Concessions followed by the Loss of my Job!!!!

Go look at Delta for an example, the whole company except the pilots are non-union, Delta is doing as they please to them without any input or say in the process.

Look at the whole industry, every legacy carrier is either in bankruptcy or the employees have given concessions.

Don't let the 9/11 and jet fuel prices get in the way of a good rant.

Aside from AFA seems the same thing that you say is happening to Delta has already happened at LCC. The IAM didn't get anything for their membership dues except a little more lube.

nycbusdriver said:
They've done this for (to?) you:

The entire USAirways pilot list is now on B scale! (vs. their co-workers on the AWA seniority list.)

"Just get us a deal. Any deal!"
[post="309749"][/post]​
suppose it is better than unemployment??

700UW said:
Go look at Delta for an example, the whole company except the pilots are non-union, Delta is doing as they please to them without any input or say in the process.

Look at the whole industry, every legacy carrier is either in bankruptcy or the employees have given concessions.

Don't let the 9/11 and jet fuel prices get in the way of a good rant.
[post="309777"][/post]​
that is true that those folks at DAL are or will get shafted. the question is how much of a shafting will they get then will they get a union rep later on? I do have to agree with Wings396 because I worked alongside him and the union rep that came didnt even want to answer any questions. not sure why though. i cant say the same for maintaince but i know fleet got it bad. how bout maintaince?

The problem with those of us in INT Res is..we are not happy with having a union but we are afraid to be without, we had been abused - more than other work groups previously when we didn't have a union years prior.

We all look forward to the new USAirways...but were still leary of things to come. The outsourcing still makes us in res - all nervous....cheap labor although they are upsetting our customers with mistakes and language barrier issues.

700UW said:

Delta is going to bring the compensation of all their employees in line with what the business and revenues will bear. How is that any different from what USAirways did? I'll tell you the difference - you've paid a crap load of dues over the years that have gotten you little more than if you wouldn't have been paying them.

Res said:
The problem with those of us in INT Res is..we are not happy with having a union but we are afraid to be without, we had been abused - more than other work groups previously when we didn't have a union years prior.

We all look forward to the new USAirways...but were still leary of things to come. The outsourcing still makes us in res - all nervous....cheap labor although they are upsetting our customers with mistakes and language barrier issues.
[post="309856"][/post]​

I also work in RES All I am saying is that the Union has done nothing to help anyone except line their own pockets. People gripe about 13.00 ph, Again see what else is available in the open employment market.

This Rant is not intended for the pilots and other SKILLED trades, mearly the rest of us that fill customer service/res /back office funtions. If you look at the Attendance policy set by your union it is severe and unbending. At hp the Sups at least were able to work with agents and not throw a employee out the door if at all possible , you cant do that with a union contract.

All I am saying is I resent paying dues for nothing but a monthly newsletter.
You all can make a difference and throw these 60s era mobsters out. Maybe we can outsorce their jobs not that would be poetic.