What Flow Through?

PropPiedmont

Senior
Dec 10, 2003
From About US June 23, 2006

Q. I have heard the furlough list for pilots may be exhausted soon for the Embraer 190 positions. Is there a hiring pool for people that have already interviewed on the West and will they fill these positions? Will you hire off the street, or will new hires beselected off of the CEL list?

A. We have not yet begun to fill positions for the E190. We expect Captain positions will be filled by existing First Officers at US Airways and we will recall pilots for the open E190 First Officer positions. Even though the Transition Agreement allows pilots to bypass recall for the E190, we expect to be able to fill these positions initially from the furlough list that today has about 1,500 pilots on it. At some point in the future, recalls for the E190, coupled with further age 60 attrition, will cause us to hire off the street when the 1,500 pilot furlough list is exhausted.

From About US June 23, 2006

Q. I have heard the furlough list for pilots may be exhausted soon for the Embraer 190 positions. Is there a hiring pool for people that have already interviewed on the West and will they fill these positions? Will you hire off the street, or will new hires beselected off of the CEL list?

A. We have not yet begun to fill positions for the E190. We expect Captain positions will be filled by existing First Officers at US Airways and we will recall pilots for the open E190 First Officer positions. Even though the Transition Agreement allows pilots to bypass recall for the E190, we expect to be able to fill these positions initially from the furlough list that today has about 1,500 pilots on it. At some point in the future, recalls for the E190, coupled with further age 60 attrition, will cause us to hire off the street when the 1,500 pilot furlough list is exhausted.

What did you expect??? Come on!! We are a WO'ed and your talking about US Airways!!

Wow,

That's strange. I expected the Flow Up fot the W/O pilots to work as well as it did for those former W/O pilots coming from Mainline/Midatlantic that flowed down to PSA and PDT.

Oh yeah, that never happened either.

Hmmmm, wonder if there if the two things are connected. :rolleyes:

That's too bad, we were really looking forward to having the PSA MEC members flow up someday.

Not.

Wow,

That's strange. I expected the Flow Up fot the W/O pilots to work as well as it did for those former W/O pilots coming from Mainline/Midatlantic that flowed down to PSA and PDT.

Oh yeah, that never happened either.

Hmmmm, wonder if there if the two things are connected. :rolleyes:

That's too bad, we were really looking forward to having the PSA MEC members flow up someday.

Not.

Rico,

You were the only person that I posted this for. I'm surprised it took you this long to respond.

PropPiedmont,

Enlighten me, how many U pilots flowed down?

I'll answer for him. At PSA we have 77 flow down J4J pilots. They all bid senior to me. I have seven years PSA seniority. Some of the J4J pilots that bid senior to me had only two years USAirways seniority.

PSA agreed to J4J and the mainline pilot's agreed to a flow through. Now mainline changed their minds about the flow through and I had to give up my seniority for nothing. It's a sweet deal living at the bottom of the pyramid scheme.

While there is certainly enough bad things to go around for everyone...

J4J has nothing to do with any flow negotiations, J4J was PSA's baby ever since the PSA MEC left ALG and PDT in the dust by making their own deal with ML at the expense of the other two. You will not find one sympathetic ear at PDT for you about J4J. Because of J4J you guys have more jets now than you had DO's prior to the agreement. (that is why "you gave up your seniority") By the looks of recent events you will also get some 900's as well. If you do, you might even add to the 77 J4J pilots at PSA.

Flow through? It is my understanding that the only WO MEC even involved is PDT. I have been told that the PSA MEC will not participate in the negotiations. If this info is incorrect please let us know.

PropPiedmont,

Enlighten me, how many U pilots flowed down?

Piedmont also has a J4J program signed, sealed and delivered. Unfortunately, we never received any jet aircraft as promised. So, at PDT, we have ZERO J4J pilots. Good thing we didn't sign a J4P agreement.

Could you imagine a furloughed mainline pilot flying a Dash? No auto-throttle, auto-brakes, VNAV, glass, airconditioning, system reliability, ACARS, while bouncing around through the T-storms with a 300 hour first officer.

Yeah, you guys are really missing out. I see why you all are so bitter.

Could you imagine a furloughed mainline pilot flying a Dash? No auto-throttle, auto-brakes, VNAV, glass, airconditioning, system reliability, ACARS, while bouncing around through the T-storms with a 300 hour first officer.
Not to drift off topic, but reminds me of my much younger days flying around in a DC-3. Lousy pay, lousy working conditions, lousy hours, lousy quality of life, but did we ever have some fun....

Jim

While there is certainly enough bad things to go around for everyone...

J4J has nothing to do with any flow negotiations, J4J was PSA's baby ever since the PSA MEC left ALG and PDT in the dust by making their own deal with ML at the expense of the other two. You will not find one sypathetic ear at PDT for you about J4J. Because of J4J you guys have more jets now than you had DO's prior to the agreement. (that is why "you gave up your seniority") By the looks of recent events you will also get some 900's as well. If you do, you might even add to the 77 J4J pilots at PSA.

Flow through? It is my understanding that the only WO MEC even involved is PDT. I have been told that the PSA MEC will not participate in the negotiations. If this info is incorrect please let us know.

The PSA MEC is now working with PDT on the flow negotiations. Their original stance was if the flow disappears then all the J4J pilots would get booted off property. PSA, PDT, and AWA MECs are meeting in SBY in two weeks to continue talks about the flow.

I'll answer for him. At PSA we have 77 flow down J4J pilots. They all bid senior to me. I have seven years PSA seniority. Some of the J4J pilots that bid senior to me had only two years USAirways seniority.
I find that hard to believe when only 26 J4J are slotted and the rest are stuck on reserve.

Exactly, if i bid sr. to him,......I need to file a PRF for those lines I've been not getting assigned.

PSA agreed to J4J and the mainline pilot's agreed to a flow through. Now mainline changed their minds about the flow through and I had to give up my seniority for nothing. It's a sweet deal living at the bottom of the pyramid scheme.

Come on man! You got nice new shiney RJ's out of the deal!

I'll answer for him. At PSA we have 77 flow down J4J pilots.

J4J is not flow down and you know it.

As a matter of fact yes I could. That's what I was doing when I got hired at ML.

Latest posts