What Happened?

Hope777

Veteran
Aug 19, 2002
www.usaviation.com
I was looking thru the advance schedule the other day, and can not find our Saturday Only service out of LGA to LAS. Anyone know what happened? Did we decide the late hour flight wasn't going to work?

The bookings never materialized for the LGA and BOS-LAS Saturday service so the service never got off the ground.

MarkMyWords said:
The bookings never materialized for the LGA and BOS-LAS Saturday service so the service never got off the ground.
:eek: The booking never materialized because U's marketing dept failed to ADVERTISE!!! Hello, how will anyone know to book the flight if they dont know they fly the route. A typical ,TYPICAL U marketing blunder....btw, DOES U have a marketing dept....and what do they do ?

NAPAUS said:
:....btw, DOES U have a marketing dept....and what do they do ?

They spend their time on here defending their Position and looking for all you guys to give them NEW IDEAS !!!! ;)

NAPAUS said:
:eek: btw, DOES U have a marketing dept....and what do they do ?
We all know what the marketing department does--it comes up with ways to tick off even their best customers. For example, the new club scam. That is sure to drive people right to UA.

Oh yeah-they are also the geniusus who run a First Class sale on routes to LAS and then pull 75% of F capacity from the 757's which are the only aircraft on the route.

Seems to me like they are trying hard to fail.

Oh well......

airport said:
Art at ISP said:
For example, the new club scam.
What new "club scam" ?????
The recent announcement that they are going to charge extra to access UA or Star Clubs.

For certain elite members I believe this violates Star Alliance rules. In any event NO other airline charges different club fees based on reciprocal access.

It is an embarrassment.

Wasn't part of the LGA-LAS issue the 321 was restricted from departing lga with that range and CCY dropped the ball on that port auth. issue and would not give the 757 which was within guidelines of the LGA runway issue.

The port does not regulate types of planes in and out of LGA, the 757 is a mainstay of may airlines that fly in and out of LGA.

I don't think the 321 has the performance to do max takeoff weight out of LGA all the way out west with the runway length, winter headwinds, etc... I believe AA and DAL flew their DC-10s & L-1011s as far as ORD (maybe DFW?) and ATL/Florida only, so I don't think they encountered performance issues with the lower takeoff weights.
I sure do miss those big jets going in and out of LGA........amazing to watch. Somehow the 767s just don't look as imposing as the DC-10s and L-1011s.

it was because of the 321"s performance . the company pulled it out. i spoke to a las agent about it and she told me that was the reason. i also spoke to a a/b pilot on it and he said that the 321 could not do it full. 757 yes but not 321. you may very well see it comeback if it goes to the 757.. by the way eal,delta.twa all fly and flew widebodies out of lga. but they were weight restriced . they were not full to the max when they took off and they did not take them to far away places from lga. eal did the shutte with the 300's . twa went to stl with the 1011's and delta takes there 767-200,300,&400's to either florida or atlanta. we were trying to take a full 321 to vegas nonstop. can't do it. to heavy of and aircraft to take off from lga's 7000 ft rnways.

That explains LGA, but didn't US also announce and then pull Saturday flights from BOS to LAS as well?