What I Find Interesting....

USA320Pilot

Veteran
May 18, 2003
www.usaviation.com
is whenver I post a reasonable argument about a corporate transaction, regardless of the content, the United folks come out of the woodwork.

Why is that and why are they following my posts?

Moreover, why don't they post on their own board, which is virtually dead?

I was just wondering.... :blink:

Regards,

Chip

:unsure:

Chip,
An intelligent person would have to conclude , that the good folks at UA come out of the woodwork to bash you...because they see what you post as being inflammatory toward a company that they happen to take a heck of a lot of pride in.

I begrudge the folks from UA not!! I see how you try to manipulate figures..and post things that you cannot remotely qualify beyond mear speculation...and whispers from un-namebale sources.

I see the UA folks as an asset...not something to be picked apart or threatened with outlandish scenarios that U lacks the wherewithall to carry out.

I also view UA's anger toward you in the same light that the IAM and other lessor earners view you. We all see you as entirely out for Chip...and what benefits Chip to the greatest degree....the facts be damned if it works for Chip's agenda?

You get actually get less crap than you have earned here !!!....way less !!!

Thanks AOG-N-IT!

By the way Chip, (or anyone for that matter.)

On what planet are your arguments reasonable???

I would have thought when Chip opened this thread titled "What I Find Interesting" I would have read him saying the answer to be "HIMSELF".

--Does a Fool know they are a Fool?

--Do you ever see a guy and feel sorry for his kids because they have to call him Dad?

Ahhhh, let's be honest here.

Unless you have been living in outer space the past few years you should know that US Airways and United want to be more than dance partners and now that they are engaged, they may need some sort of further relationship to drive down unit costs to compete with the LCC's.

Something has to happen for both carriers to survive.

My comments on an outright merger were meant to be thought provoking and nothing else. I do not know if a merger is in the cards, but it sure would be a way to drive down unit costs to compete with LCC's for the combined business entity.

According to Reuters William Warlick, senior airline analyst at Fitch Ratings, the company who would audit another United loan guarantee application, said t around 9.5 to 9.7 cents per mile, UAL's unit costs are not that different from other bigger, older airlines, Warlick noted. "They still have a lot of work to do if they're going to achieve a sustainable competitive advantage over the other network carriers," he said.

Moreover, I understand the prevailing view among the ATSB staff continues to be that a "chunnk" of existing domestic capacity (read about 4% of total North American ASMs, or about a third of UAL domestic) needs to go permanently.

Thus, that could lead us back to the UCT or something else.

Siegel's comment to the Washington Aero Club, where the DOJ, DOT, and ATSB had representatives in attendance, were provided with a purpose.

"Again, I don't have all the answers, but I do sense that increased cooperation, coordination, and potentially consolidation between and among network airlines must be another source of strength through enhanced efficiencies, in both marketing and operations," Siegel said.

What did Siegel mean with hs comment that he senses "that increased cooperation, coordination, and potentially consolidation between and among network airlines must be another source of strength?"

Regardless, something is being negotiated between the two companies with one in bankruptcy and unable to obtain exit financing and its bankruptcy judge telling Omnibus hearing participants that "This IPO (Orbitz) will undoubtedly be of assistance to the debtor," Wedoff said. UAL needs liquidity and is constrained by its ability to raise cash by other means, he said.

Regardless, I find it interesting that the United employees follow me around like a dog in heat to see what I say.

Let me ask you this...if my comments are B.S then why waste the time and bandwidth to dispute them? Especially since the United posters hardly ever post...

Regards,

Chip

Moderators-
Perhaps, right under "Regional and National Airlines" on the forums main menu, there could be a seperate forum for Chip's UCT posts and the same three usual suspects who get riled up over them?
Or maybe they could just be moved to the UA forum, which as Chip pointed out is not as busy.

Chip Munn said:
...According to Reuters William Warlick, senior airline analyst at Fitch Ratings, the company who would audit another United loan guarantee application, said t around 9.5 to 9.7 cents per mile, UAL's unit costs are not that different from other bigger, older airlines, Warlick noted. "They still have a lot of work to do if they're going to achieve a sustainable competitive advantage over the other network carriers," he said.

Moreover, I understand the prevailing view among the ATSB staff continues to be that a "chunnk" of existing domestic capacity (read about 4% of total North American ASMs, or about a third of UAL domestic) needs to go permanently.

Thus, that could lead us back to the UCT or something else.

Siegel's comment to the Washington Aero Club, where the DOJ, DOT, and ATSB had representatives in attendance, were provided with a purpose.

"Again, I don't have all the answers, but I do sense that increased cooperation, coordination, and potentially consolidation between and among network airlines must be another source of strength through enhanced efficiencies, in both marketing and operations," Siegel said.

What did Siegel mean with hs comment that he senses "that increased cooperation, coordination, and potentially consolidation between and among network airlines must be another source of strength?"

Regardless, something is being negotiated between the two companies with one in bankruptcy and unable to obtain exit financing and its bankruptcy judge telling Omnibus hearing participants that "This IPO (Orbitz) will undoubtedly be of assistance to the debtor," Wedoff said. UAL needs liquidity and is constrained by its ability to raise cash by other means, he said.
Oh I get it...

This is just another way to post those same quotes and your comments about them in YET ANOTHER thread.

At least we are finally off the "Duane Woerth said at a meeting that United will likely not meet its DIP convenants" or whatever the "quote du mois" was for the past few weeks.

But I see we are still hung up on the theme that everyone else posts purely on emotion except Chip and the ever-present "shooting the messenger" theme.

Really, Chip, for someone who seems to desire to be a writer in some capacity, your literary devices for getting your points across need some serious work. They come across as rather plodding and clunky and tedious.

Of course, I only point this out to be thought-provoking and nothing else. I am sure you understand.

Chip Munn said:
Let me ask you this...if my comments are B.S then why waste the time and bandwidth to dispute them?
Gee Chip you really seem bothered when people question the facts, statements, and assumptions made in your posts.

If your ideas are so well thought out, why do you get so emotional and sensitive when people rebut them?

I know you would just like to put your nonsense out there and have no one question it, but that is just not how life works. One would think you would have figured this out by now.

I guess your choices are: 1) get used to it; or 2) don't post!

Bear96 said:
I know you would just like to put your nonsense out there and have no one question it, but that is just not how life works. One would think you would have figured this out by now.
Like minds Dave & Chip

This is EXACTLY the way Dave runs his ship for better or for worst, this is it and it's final, in Dave's mind anyway

flyin2low said:
how was Trick or Treating tonight?
With all due respect, it went fabulously. Dave, Jerry and I took our kids all up and down the neighborhood. Rather than waste precious internet posting time walking around the area, we decided to simply get behind some bushes and when the children of the commoners came down the street, we ran out and grabbed their sacks of candy! Oh it was hilarious. Let their daddy go to work at Mr. Goodwrench and buy them some more candy! I was able to loot all the laborers candy and be back at my assigned computer in no time. I only have another 25 more posts to write today! Dave put his arm around my shoulder and smiled. I was so tingly.

Highly informed sources told me important things that I am not at liberty to say. Trust me, interesting things will happen. Don't be a sophist and shoot the messenger. I only state facts. Your reasoning is flawed.

Have the courage to post your real name like me. This does not apply to Hawk, doitfordave, flyonthewall, strikefacts... your posts are reasoned and wonderful.

I love the internet. In fact, if Al Gore had not invented it, I would have. Most of all, what I find interesting, is meeeeeeeeeeeee.

Latest posts