What If Ron Paul Wins Iowa? What Then?

SparrowHawk

Veteran
Nov 30, 2009
Two new polls today, suggest that Ron Paul is closing in on Newt Gingrich in Iowa and New Hampshire.

A new PPP poll reports that Ron Paul is at 21 percent in Iowa, close behind Gingrich who polled at 22 percent.

Paul voters in Iowa are decidedly more committed to their candidate. According to the PPP poll, 77 percent of current Paul voters say they're definitely going to vote for him, compared to only 54% for Gingrich. Romney has 67% of his supporters committed.

According to the latest Rasmussen New Hampshire poll, Ron Paul now rests at 18 percent, up four points from last month.

Gingrich, on the otherhand, is at 22 percent, down from 24 percent last month. Huntsman remains largely unchanged at 10 percent, compared to 11 percent last month.

Suppose Ron Paul wins in Iowa, comes in a very close 2nd in SC & NH? Other then the obvious mass soiling of their lawn clothes what will the entrenched Political Parasite class do to ensure victory of anyone else but Ron Paul?

Let's go one step further and suppose he comes bolting out of the pack ala Bill Clinton to take the Republican nomination. Polls show that he could beat Obama.

I thought Ron Paul would end up at best a power broker in a severely fragmented primary battle. Now it looks like he has a chance to win the whole blessed thing.

If he wins the nomination (which he wont), then the best we can hope for is for Obama to win (which he will against RP) and for the republicans to fain both houses to cut Obama off at the ballz for four more years.

RP is far worse then Obama.

If he wins the nomination (which he wont), then the best we can hope for is for Obama to win (which he will against RP) and for the republicans to fain both houses to cut Obama off at the ballz for four more years.

RP is far worse then Obama.

He polls 42% for Obam versus 41% for Ron Paul. Never allow facts to get in the way of a good unfounded diatribe

So says the king of unfounded drunken diatribe.

The poll is well documented. I'm beginning to think that Nixon was right in that there is a vast "Silent Majority" out there that is appalled at what has transpired over the last ten years (Especially the last three years). We saw some of the rage reflect itself in the Republicans being swept into the house in large numbers.

The economy hasn't improved substantially since mid term elections and people on the left and right are pissed and rightfully so. The average Joe/Jane has been so royally screwed by the Political Parasite Class that someone who has been consistent with his views for 30 years, Married to the same wife for over 50 years is starting to gain more and more traction and the Parasite Class is soiling their lawn clothes at the prospect of Ron Paul mounting a serious challenge.

Many aspects of Ron Paul's message resonates with both the Tea Party AND the Occupy Wall Street crowd. How much anger and rage at the Political Parasite Class turns into action is an open question. If Ron Paul wins Iowa and come in a strong second in NH & SC or manages to win one of them, then the open question becomes will the outrage galvanize the electorate to get behind Ron Paul and get him into the White House is a chapter that has yet to be written.

When he started, I thought he had less than no chance to win and the best he could hope for is to raise awareness. NOW, however it looks like he could win. I'm old enough to recall every election since George Wallace ran in 1968 and this one seems very different. The times they are a changin', the open question is who will be the change agent?

So the change will be legalize pot, prostitution and whatever nutters has up his sleeve? lol

Have you given any thought just how he's going to get his bs policies thru house and senate? You think things are a cluster now, just wait til nutters RP is at the wheel.

Only thing he will do as a president is help elect another Obama in 2016.

As far as the OWS crowd, they been co-opted by the unions. And they sure as hell not in nutters back pocket for sure.

OK, lets run with this. Given the make up of the current republican field it is a very real possibility. Lets even run with the idea that he win the race and gets the keys to the big house on 1600 P Ave. There i=will be the little issue of Congress who will not like to play nice with him. They are not going to risk their jobs and upset their backers by voting for things that are against their best interest.

In all likely hood we will end up with grid lock. The economy will only improve marginally if at all and the dems will kick him out in 2016. The pendulum will swing back and the process will repeat it's self. Bottom line is that Congress will not play well with others. So he won't get most of what he wants done. The fed wont be closed. We will still have military in other countries.... etc.

Reactions: 5 people
OK, lets run with this. Given the make up of the current republican field it is a very real possibility. Lets even run with the idea that he win the race and gets the keys to the big house on 1600 P Ave. There i=will be the little issue of Congress who will not like to play nice with him. They are not going to risk their jobs and upset their backers by voting for things that are against their best interest.

In all likely hood we will end up with grid lock. The economy will only improve marginally if at all and the dems will kick him out in 2016. The pendulum will swing back and the process will repeat it's self. Bottom line is that Congress will not play well with others. So he won't get most of what he wants done. The fed wont be closed. We will still have military in other countries.... etc.

This would be the conventional wisdom. However, suppose Ron Paul continues to plead his case with the electorate just as he has so far? The Presidential bully pulpit is a little used and valuable tool. I think Reagan used it to the best advantage in my lifetime.

The voters, if kept fired up with a populist/Libertarian President making use of the bully pulpit will throw the Parasite Class out of Washington, DC Mid Term. If it transpires and he is POTUS expect him to use his considerable power to show the public and Congress he means business. If the people are behind him the Parasite Class will line up behind him one by one.

Anything is possible. I do not think your scenario is likely and I do not believe you will have the opportunity to find out. Lets see what happens in Iowa and then go from there,.

Reactions: 4 people
Nutters Paul is no Ronald Reagan. Sparrow you are just as delusional as the Obama bots. You have been sucked in by the same cult of personality sickness that Obama bots suffer from. Lost all objectivity, depart from reality, and place your messiah on a pedestal.

Soooo, 7 7 7 , tell us WHO is your "boy", AND why he will win.

GO Ahead, Don't be bashfull, it's OK !

Sparrow,
I hope the ol' dude wins the nomination. I really do. Not because I think BO will beat him, but because he's the only GENUINE guy (plus Huntsman) in that xxxxxD UP Party !
AND,
I could see him winning IOWA. This would be his NH problem. FIRST, despite the endorsement of the JOHN BIRCH SOCIETY "UNION LEADER"...er my Bad, I mean the Manchester Union Leader, GingriNch ain't winning shite up here ! Romney's been endorsed ENTHUSIASTICALLY by the God Father of NH politics , John SUNUNU sr. That equates to a SURE BET up here, no matter how many BETS or flip FLOPS Mitt does !

As for SC, those good ol' boys CAN NOT THINK for themselves, meaning Whomever the pastor of the local (white) Baptist church says to vote for, (like little lemmings) OFF they'll go to vote, and I fear that the "preachers" are buying into NEWTS HORSE Shite of Gods redemption/Marriage Fidelity pact that he's made with his Mannequin Calista or any other Bull Shite this Long Time Washington INSIDER is slinging.

To prove it, GingriNch will Win, in a state thats a natural fit for Prayin' Perry !!

The poll is well documented. I'm beginning to think that Nixon was right in that there is a vast "Silent Majority" out there that is appalled at what has transpired over the last ten years (Especially the last three years). We saw some of the rage reflect itself in the Republicans being swept into the house in large numbers.

Assuming there's any Eisenhower Republicans still left, then I think Paul's pragmatic approach may be appealing.

Many aspects of Ron Paul's message resonates with both the Tea Party AND the Occupy Wall Street crowd.

Maybe, but I'm willing to bet his pro-life and anti-labor stances cancel out most-if not all- interest from the left.

Assuming there's any Eisenhower Republicans still left, then I think Paul's pragmatic approach may be appealing.

Maybe, but I'm willing to bet his pro-life and anti-labor stances cancel out most-if not all- interest from the left.

A growing robust economy is the single best friend organized Labor ever had, but they will be to stupid to figure that out since they are so far up the Democrats arse.

If voter sentiment is behind changes Congress has to support it or seek employment elsewhere.

If voter sentiment is behind changes Congress has to support it or seek employment elsewhere.

Ah, Delldude, I find that level of naivete refreshing in someone your age. Voter sentiment and voters are two wildly different numbers. There are many people-- liberals, conservatives, middle-of-the-roaders--who are unhappy with the gridlock and childish fighting in Congress. Problem is to change that requires turning off American Idol, putting down the beer and chips, getting in the car, and going to the polls. Voting for the winner in American Idol is so much easier. You don't even have to get off the couch. AND, you can vote as many times as you want.

What we have representing us in the White House (as a pinko-liberal commie Democrat, I am profoundly disappointed in Pres. Obama) and in Congress says more about us than about them. We get the "leadership" we deserve. Always remember, more people have voted in each of the American Idol finals than have voted in the last 4 national elections.

P.S. If the Republicans come to their senses and nominate Mitt Romney, I may very well vote for him. There. I've said it. I can't believe I said it, but I did.

Reactions: 1 person