What is an "Out of Synch" Reservation?

Art at ISP

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
Dix Hills NY
www.ffocus.org
After a long hiatus, I tried US again today...the outbound was late but fine...the staff at JFK? Well that's a story for another thread.

But tonight I went to check in for my return tomorrow, and tried to check in on line. Got an error message saying they found the reservation but it was "out of synch" and I had to call the res number. I did, and the automatron (idiot voice) transferred me to the internet help desk (definitely out of country). They put me on hold saying they had to call the reservation department to get this corrected, then came back and said they couldn't do it and I'd have to go to the ticket counter at the airport tomorrow.

I said no thank you, and asked to speak to a manager, as this person refused to tell me what the issue was or what the message meant. I was nice but firm. She put me on hold and after 20 minutes the system disconnected me.

I called back and asked for a reservation agent directly, and got one here in the States. She asked me to hold for a minute and came back on and said "all set"....I was then able to check in on line.

So the question is, what is an "out of synch" res, and why would the original agent refuse to get it fixed?

Thanks --my best to you all......

Ah, QIK/SHARES strikes again! Usually, it's a mismatch between the e-tkt and the PNR. (flight number, fare bucket. stuff like that. It was an easy fix in Sabre.(where it was called a "conflict) In HP world it's usually requires a help desk call, supervisor approval, blood type, last 6 addresses for the agent. Approval from the Pope helps, too. Okay, so I made some of that stuff up. But it is true that a lot of stuff previously entrusted to the agent now requires help desk and/or supervisor blessing.

The etkt info did not match the reservation. They now both have to match exactly, flight numbers, class of service, dates in order to check in. One or more of those didn't match. If the original agent was not res, but internet help desk, they probably have no clue how to correct the ticketing issue only to help with internet issues. It would depend on what the exact situation was if someone could correct it easily or if they had to do some research and maybe call help desk if something had been cancelled in error and needed to be reinstated or if the reservation had been changed, but the ticket had not been reissued or adjusted. Without knowing which issue it was, I can't say what happened.

Thanks. I am not sure what happened, but the outbound was delayed 90 minutes due to crew rest, and the previous flight was cancelled, so they waited to put as many people from that flight on ours--still I don't see how that has anything to do with it.

I was just curious. It is now fixed, and I'm all set. BTW great crew on 1831 yesterday.

My BEST to you all....

Reactions: 1 person

Latest posts