What Is APFA Going To Do About This?

Status
Not open for further replies.
s80dude,

ME too, I really wish we still did it in ORD. It has been YEARS since we were wanted in the terminal.

I just recieved this email 6pm

RE: Cabin Assist Agents??????â€￾

Today an HI6 message will be posted stating in part; ……. the Cabin Assist Program is terminated.

In Unity

Kitty Solder

AA has been doing this for years with select flight/s. I picked up a few SAL trips out of LAX on MU, and AA sent 2 to 3 of LAX's version of Prospect onto the plane to help stow luggage. Problem is that most locals from SAL are just a little on the small size and it is difficult for them to stow their stuff in the overheads. AA agents in SAL did the reverse on the way home. I don't see the big deal if it helps make our job easier. People in and out of MIA seem to tend to travel with way too much stuff. Maybe this will help that problem as well. I guess that I am neutral to the idea.

I called APFA. Seems it is already fixed. Both the Contract and Safety Departments were on it as soon as they were notified. APFA had never been notified until the HI6 came out. There can be no "assists" on board. In the gate area, they can do whatever they want. It always amazes me how AA never knows what one hand is doing.....

As mentioned, this has been used in select markets for at least ten years. If there wasn't a grievance over that, past practice would seem to undermine any action taken now.

Interesting that it got killed off this quickly, but forgive my pessimism in believing anecdotal claims that it's a scope violation.

What's the language? Is it really a violation of scope to have someone else assisting with carry-on's, directing traffic, or even closing bins as long as the aircraft door is open?

What's the language? Is it really a violation of scope to have someone else assisting with carry-on's, directing traffic, or even closing bins as long as the aircraft door is open?

IMHO, it's just another symptom of crappy leadership of your employees. 95% of the threads, including the pilot side, deal with some issue spun out of control due to the present state of relations.

This would be a non-issue if we even had a halfway content FA group. The job is what it is, the boss puts you over the edge in performance terms.

Again, my humble opinion. (it's the internet :rolleyes: )

Status
Not open for further replies.