What is next after failed ratification vote?

olderguyAMT

Advanced
Jun 12, 2010
My next question is this: Will we assign blame to those responsible for the mess? It is logical, but, first their must be an admission of guilt and mistakes before the problem-solving can begin.

Now, because of the outcome of this voting, we can safely reach some conclusions here. And IMO, that conclusion is:

1. That a massive disconnect exists between the TWU Leadership and the membership.
Now there is anger and resentment, proven by the vote results. They never should have brought it back, trying to jam that crap down our throats. The next meeting at the Hall will be interesting.

2. That there really was no effective negotiation in the whole process, which was supervised and witnessed by the NMB. Too much ram-rodding by one individual. Remember that framous quote by Satchel Paige, "None of us is smarter than all of us". If there is a dictator, will he be cast aside?

3. The authors of the failed TA underestimated the contractual needs of the membership. If the company wrote it, then the company should make it a joint effort. If there is no negotiation, they why have a negotiation committee.

4. In light of the current AMP card drive, the TWU must turn this negative outcome into a positive one. To do nothing different would be insane. Dont ignore the competition, just compete and out-do them or be out-done by them.

5. Will the membership now press for changes, and will the leaders realize the need for change? Now is the time for more effective leadership.

A result of this magnitude demands planning sessions.

You can be the company will be having some brainstorming meetings to decide on a new course of action, and , ditto for the union.
Then the NMB will set a new date for more talks, in order to hammer out a new agreement. Much pressure on the Co. now.

<_< ------- This is better than the soaps on T.V.! The logical reaction by the company/ Union could will be threats of base closures! Outsourced maitenance! R.I,F.'s! etc. -------- Like a spoiled child, whinning because they're not getting their way!-------- Stay tuned folks! The best is yet to come!!!! ;)

<_< ------- This is better than the soaps on T.V.! The logical reaction by the company/ Union could will be threats of base closures! Outsourced maitenance! R.I,F.'s! etc. -------- Like a spoiled child, whinning because they're not getting their way!-------- Stay tuned folks! The best is yet to come!!!! ;)

+1

Let the games begin. Scare tacics. Bull crap threats, and rumor control out of control, some of which comes from our own.\\

But remember the games really began long before the contract voting, and that is ok . If you watch where you step, you won't have to clean your boots.

Oh NO, the sky is falling! Its the beginning of real negotiations! Out with the old, in with the new.

You are correct sir. The base closure/layoff threats should be coming around soon

I do not disagree that the TWU is disconnected. I do disagree that the TA should not have been sent to the membership for a vote, although I do not agree with the internal negotiation committee process on how it happened. At a certain point in time with the negotiations going on forever, even the worst TA has to be brought to the membership for a vote. I would not want to be on the edge of a strike without a overwhelming no vote by the rank and file on a TA . We have a historic voter turn out with a major no vote, lets see where it heads. Still do not believe in changing representation in the middle of negotiations.

<_< -------- Liston AOA, What's happening now is like a two edged sword.------ One edge is the threat to the TWU, by the membership, of possible lose of representation! ( millions of $$$) The other edge of the sword is the biggest, worst, thing they can threaten the membership with!!! -------- You know what that is AOA?------ It's the threat of a possible strike!!!! :unsure: Now, the question that comes to my mind is how is the membership going to handle that threat when, or if, it comes? ----- What do you think AOA?

My next question is this: Will we assign blame to those responsible for the mess? It is logical, but, first their must be an admission of guilt and mistakes before the problem-solving can begin.

Now, because of the outcome of this voting, we can safely reach some conclusions here. And IMO, that conclusion is:

1. That a massive disconnect exists between the TWU Leadership and the membership.
Now there is anger and resentment, proven by the vote results. They never should have brought it back, trying to jam that crap down our throats. The next meeting at the Hall will be interesting.

2. That there really was no effective negotiation in the whole process, which was supervised and witnessed by the NMB. Too much ram-rodding by one individual. Remember that framous quote by Satchel Paige, "None of us is smarter than all of us". If there is a dictator, will he be cast aside?

3. The authors of the failed TA underestimated the contractual needs of the membership. If the company wrote it, then the company should make it a joint effort. If there is no negotiation, they why have a negotiation committee.

4. In light of the current AMP card drive, the TWU must turn this negative outcome into a positive one. To do nothing different would be insane. Dont ignore the competition, just compete and out-do them or be out-done by them.

5. Will the membership now press for changes, and will the leaders realize the need for change? Now is the time for more effective leadership.

A result of this magnitude demands planning sessions.

You can be the company will be having some brainstorming meetings to decide on a new course of action, and , ditto for the union.
Then the NMB will set a new date for more talks, in order to hammer out a new agreement. Much pressure on the Co. now.

I do not disagree that the TWU is disconnected. I do disagree that the TA should not have been sent to the membership for a vote, although I do not agree with the internal negotiation committee process on how it happened. At a certain point in time with the negotiations going on forever, even the worst TA has to be brought to the membership for a vote. I would not want to be on the edge of a strike without a overwhelming no vote by the rank and file on a TA . We have a historic voter turn out with a major no vote, lets see where it heads. Still do not believe in changing representation in the middle of negotiations.

While I respect your opinion I do have a question. When is it a good time to discover your union sucks and needs to be changed? What if they bring back another concession? ok so it was 2 questions.

Mr Little- THIS LETTER IS FOR YOU!!

Your representatives have cost US TIME and MONEY! Your GREEDY reps opened their 'Pie Holes' to enrich you and themselves at OUR EXPENSE!

The purpose of NEGOTIATIONS is to EXTRACT THE MAXIMUM AMOUNT OF BENEFITS, WORK RULES AND HOURLY PAY FROM THE COMPANY'S MANAGEMENT. ALSO TO GET A 'ME TOO' & 'SNAP BACK' CLAUSES!!!!

Negotiations are like a Ping-Pong Game: KEEP THE BALL IN THEIR COURT! MAKE MGT DO WHAT THEY ARE GOOD AT: COST ANALYSIS.

Mr Little, if you want to KEEP THIS Totally Worthless Union, you must REMOVE your reps from the negotiations!! If you won't pull them out, then GAG, STIFFLE or otherwise MUFFLE your GOONS!! PROHIBIT THEM FROM MAKING ANY MOTIONS!! They are in the negotiations to ADVISE, to provide GUIDANCE or TACTICS. They are NOT there to STEER, LEAD, FOLLOW AN UNSEEN INTERNATIONAL AGENDA or EXERT UNDUE STRESS (on fellow TWU Members).

Mr Little, THE DECISION IS YOURS, AND YOURS ALONE. You are supposed to be REPRESENTING US, the membership. We pay YOUR SALARY. Give US a reason to REMAIN FAITHFUL to the TWU. IF NOT, you and you alone, will be fueling a CARD DRIVE! (HINT: IT AIN'T THE TWU!!)

I totally agree, here comes the scare tactics, lets scare them into voting yes, AA will stop at nothing, well its not going to work here TA#2 is already a big fat NO vote from me !!!! Show me some sort of job security and MORE MONEY !!!

Mr Little- THIS LETTER IS FOR YOU!!

Your representatives have cost US TIME and MONEY! Your GREEDY reps opened their 'Pie Holes' to enrich you and themselves at OUR EXPENSE!

The purpose of NEGOTIATIONS is to EXTRACT THE MAXIMUM AMOUNT OF BENEFITS, WORK RULES AND HOURLY PAY FROM THE COMPANY'S MANAGEMENT. ALSO TO GET A 'ME TOO' & 'SNAP BACK' CLAUSES!!!!

Negotiations are like a Ping-Pong Game: KEEP THE BALL IN THEIR COURT! MAKE MGT DO WHAT THEY ARE GOOD AT: COST ANALYSIS.

Mr Little, if you want to KEEP THIS Totally Worthless Union, you must REMOVE your reps from the negotiations!! If you won't pull them out, then GAG, STIFFLE or otherwise MUFFLE your GOONS!! PROHIBIT THEM FROM MAKING ANY MOTIONS!! They are in the negotiations to ADVISE, to provide GUIDANCE or TACTICS. They are NOT there to STEER, LEAD, FOLLOW AN UNSEEN INTERNATIONAL AGENDA or EXERT UNDUE STRESS (on fellow TWU Members).

Mr Little, THE DECISION IS YOURS, AND YOURS ALONE. You are supposed to be REPRESENTING US, the membership. We pay YOUR SALARY. Give US a reason to REMAIN FAITHFUL to the TWU. IF NOT, you and you alone, will be fueling a CARD DRIVE! (HINT: IT AIN'T THE TWU!!)
"Mister" (Mr.) is a term used when addressing another for whom the addressor feels is due respect - your use of the term/word in this "letter" is totally out of line.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/bus/stories/DN-aaunion_26bus.ART.State.Edition1.26bd92a.html

I'm curious to find out how bad AA wants to keep the TWU?

I guess the next TA will determine that.

Latest posts