What is the cost of painting just 1 aircraft?

Workingman

Nov 6, 2002
What is the cost of the new paint job on just one plane? Is it the job of just one of the 4900 more employees that will loose their jobs? Is the job that one employee goes without the bonus of an employee in mangement? NO MAN IS AN ISLAND, NO MAN STANDS ALONE, EACH MANS JOY IS JOY TO ME, EACH MANS GRIEF IS MY OWN.

----------------
On 3/23/2003 4:15:54 PM Workingman wrote:

What is the cost of the new paint job on just one plane? Is it the job of just one of the 4900 more employees that will loose their jobs? Is the job that one employee goes without the bonus of an employee in mangement? "NO MAN IS AN ISLAND, NO MAN STANDS ALONE, EACH MANS JOY IS JOY TO ME, EACH MANS GRIEF IS MY OWN."

----------------​

Well, the incremental cost can be zero if they wait and do it at the next scheduled D-check (when they have to be repainted anyway), ala Southwest''s new livery phase in.

From what I understand, the "bowling shoe" livery is very expensive to maintain. Three colors, lots of fading, etc. This new livery should actually save NWA money. Not to mention it looks great, too!

I had read an article a few months ago about Midwest (Express) Airlines...the article quoted a YX company offical stating the cost of painting an aircraft at over $125,000...

Given the fact that NW flies, for the most part, larger aircraft than YX, I would guess the costs are at least as high if not higher...and as I understand it, the red paint is more expensive than most colors.

----------------
On 3/23/2003 4:15:54 PM Workingman wrote:

What is the cost of the new paint job on just one plane? Is it the job of just one of the 4900 more employees that will loose their jobs? Is the job that one employee goes without the bonus of an employee in mangement? "NO MAN IS AN ISLAND, NO MAN STANDS ALONE, EACH MANS JOY IS JOY TO ME, EACH MANS GRIEF IS MY OWN."

----------------​

Obviously you are trying to turn this into an argument between laying people off and introducing a new scheme. The paint jobs will be done during normal repainting and will save the company money. End of story...move on.