What Is This Amfa Has A Concessionary Agreement

James T. Kirk

Senior
Apr 9, 2003
United reaches tentative settlement with mechanics

United Airlines, seeking fresh labor cost cuts to emerge from
bankruptcy, has reached a tentative agreement with its mechanics union
and says it may be close to settlement with flight attendants as well.

The good news came after the bankruptcy judge supervising the two year-
old Chapter 11 rejected a contract agreement already reached with its
pilots.

The Aircraft Mechanics Fraternal Association said "a tentative
concessionary agreement was reached" and goes to the rank-and-file for
ratification over the next seven to 10 days.

"No details will be disclosed until AMFA's United Airlines members have
had time to read the tentative agreement," said AMFA National Director
O.V. Delle-Femine. AMFA represents mechanics at United, Northwest,
Alaska Air and ATA.

Negotiations Observer Opinions

Negotiation notes

By Terry O’Rourke

AMFA Local 9 member, negotiations observer, Way Points Managing Editor

Rosemont, Illinois

January 7, 2005 6:30 PM

AMFA and UAL reached a tentative agreement today to modify our collective bargaining agreement. These are the main, but not all, points of the tentative agreement:

• Duration: 1-1-05 to 12-31-09

• If new tentative agreement not reached by 8-1-2009 then both parties will jointly invoke mediation services of the National Mediation Board.

• 5% base wage cut for mechanics

• No 4% temporary wage cuts for mechanics or utility

• 10% base hourly wage cut for utility

• Outsource utility employees based on three-year phase out schedule

• Permanent waiver of Article II-F for 747/777 offshore HMV/OSV only

• Allow outsourcing of all Computer Technician (CT) work

• Allow outsourcing of all fueling work

• No change to the current Health and Welfare benefits

• 1.5% base wage raises on January 1 of each year from 2006 through 2009.

• Shift, skill, Hawaii, and license premiums increased by 1.5% on January 1 of each year from 2006 through 2009.

• Overtime pay rates 2x reduced to 1.5x

• Holiday overtime rate 2.5x reduced to 2x

• Vacation accrual left unchanged for mechanics

• Vacation accrual for utility: 0-4 years – 10 days; 5 years and greater – 15 days

• Holidays reduced from 10 to 6; fixed holidays at the base and floating on the line; fixed holidays: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day

• Sick leave paid at 75%; five or more consecutive sick days qualifies for whole day vacation backfill

• Sick leave paid at 100% in the event of catastrophic illness or injury requiring absence of 15 or more consecutive days with satisfactory medical certification

• Enhanced severance package for utility and computer technician employees

• Reduce Success Sharing percentage and grant related credit to reduce other wage and benefit cuts.

• Success Sharing percentage phases back to 100% by 2009

• Protection date (94-5M) 10-30-89 stands

This agreement may only be ratified by a majority vote of the membership. The text of the entire agreement will be available to each member before a ratification vote will be held. Go to the AMFA National and Local websites for information about voting.

A twu flunky gloating about AMFA having a tentative concessionary agreement is equal to someone having herpes and then pointing their finger at the person they gave it to and saying look they have it too.

Jimmy boys chest pounding about shared sacrifice and then a few white collars getting pink slipped was nothing more than a smoke screen to pave the way for more layoffs. Layoffs were all you idiots had on AMFA in the past so you called that a form of concession so would it be fair to say that the twu concession stand is getting ready for more buisness?

Reactions: 1 person
Name: LOOK OUT, AMFA!!!
Email:
Employer: NWA
Station:
Date: Wednesday January 05, 2005
Time: 08:41:54 PM

Comments
Read between the lines in Robert Brodin's letter (Click Here) to the National Mediation Board. By submitting to mediation NWA could lose control of the negotiating time line! Doug Steenland in Decembers edition of Passages said that efforts to continue labor cost reductions are beyond doubt, analysts predict that NWA will continue losing money in 2005; this cannot go on! In the same publication Robert Brodin, senior vice president of labor relations said "Contract negotiations can sometimes run on for years, but we don't have that option!" NWA wants concessions NOW and needs the N.M.B. assistance. AMFA has failed to submit any proposals, they can't legally per their constitution. Brodin's letter claims that AMFA, contrary to the R.L.A., has imposed pre-conditions on bargaining! Refusing to meet without observers; dictating various sites of bargaining and demanding that NWA provide full text proposals! If the N.M.B. agrees with NWA's position. NWA could be free to seek self help! Under self help NWA would be free to implement the contract of their choice! In conjunction with this NWA could most likely get a court injunction against AMFA represented employees. The injunction would protect the flying public, stock holders and other employees from harm. Again LOOK OUT, AMFA!!!

Kirky,

A very un-thoughtout repost. What sh*thouse lawyer thought that up; Art Luby? If in your dream world, NWA was able to implement a contract, AMFA if also free to self help in the form of a strike.

You idiots who dream up a scenario like this or rather hope for a scenario like this are obviously nothing more than company men. Why would you possibly want the company to be able to implement their own contract and the union not having the right to strike? It sounds like your a fan of this Kirky.

I believe NWA holds the record for concessions, Just ask the 50% out the door and with United having over 7000 out and counting now.

Round 2 of concessions at United with the pensions still up in the Air! I believe Amfa stance is not to contest the elimination or wait it may be on hol;d for 90 days or??????

The Downward Spiral Continues!!!!!

Checking it Out said:
I believe NWA holds the record for concessions, Just ask the 50% out the door and with United having over 7000 out and counting now.

Round 2 of concessions at United with the pensions still up in the Air! I believe Amfa stance is not to contest the elimination or wait it may be on hol;d for 90 days or??????

[post="237408"][/post]​

Thanks for being the 'kindling' in this fire!
Next round (again) TWU.........
Game, Set, Match!!!

You 'Die-Hards' are a bunch of morons!!!
and I'll not post to you a$$ kissing lackys again!!!
As you are too stupid to see the burning forest through the trees
for your 'rose colored' blinders cloud your perception.

"We have met the enemy, and he is 'YOU'!!!

:stupid: UT

I see these amfa weenies got their panties wadded up again!!!! What happened to all that tough amfa talk? Once again I see delfemine groveling before another management team making more and more concessions! Thanks for screwing the Profession AGAIN Del!!!

AAmech said:
I see these amfa weenies got their panties wadded up again!!!! What happened to all that tough amfa talk? Once again I see delfemine groveling before another management team making more and more concessions! Thanks for screwing the Profession AGAIN Del!!!
[post="237423"][/post]​

You 'Cowards' and 'Liars' are part of the problem, not part of the solution:

Where the Fraser River Flows?

Fellow workers, pay attention
To what I'm gonna mention,
For it is the fixed Intention
Of the Workers of the World,
And I Hope you'll all be ready,
Truehearted, brave and steady,
To rally 'round the standard
W hen the Red Flag is unfurled.

Where the Fraser River flows,
Each fellow worker knows,
They have bullied and oppressed us,
But still our Union grows.
And we're going to find a way, boys;
For shorter hours and better pay, boys;
And we're going to win the day, boys;
Where the River Fraser flows.

For these gunny-sack contractors
Have all been dirty actors,
And they're not our benefactors,
Each fellow worker knows.
So we've got to stick together
In fine or dirty weather,
And we will show no white feather,
Where the Fraser River flows.

Now the boss the law is stretching,
Bulls and pimps he's fetching,
And they are a fine collection,
A s Jesus only knows.
But why their mothers reared them,
And why the devil spared them,
Are questions we can't answer,
Where the Fraser River flows.

"Where the Fraser River Flows" was written by Joe Hill

B) UT

UAL Tech,

If you have the time, please post the wage of a topped out A&P working 3rd shift prior to BK, and imposition of the "temporary wage cut", and what the wage would be if the T/A were ratified.

Also, please tell me if AMFA at UAL allows internal outsourcing of AMT work to those without an A&P such as the SRP/OSM scam employed by the TWU.

I already read the TWU leadership in non-payment of full wages when one uses sick time. I'm glad to see the TWU leading everyone into the toilet.

Checking it Out said:

[post="237408"][/post]​

Thanks cio for reiterating my post. If were to believe that layoffs are concessions than the twu concession train is pulling into a station near you. Amazing how UAL's proposal mirrors what the twu shoved down the memberships throat. Wonder were they got the ideas for their concessions? Next they will be doing the inhouse farmout proposal (srp/osm). If they do maybe you can get a part time job training those unlicened mechanics to take A/P mechanics jobs like you did here in Tulsa!

scorpion said:
Thanks cio for reiterating my post. If were to believe that layoffs are concessions than the twu concession train is pulling into a station near you. Amazing how UAL's proposal mirrors what the twu shoved down the memberships throat. Wonder were they got the ideas for their concessions? Next they will be doing the inhouse farmout proposal (srp/osm). If they do maybe you can get a part time job training those unlicened mechanics to take A/P mechanics jobs like you did here in Tulsa!
[post="237514"][/post]​

Again the TWU Kool Aid Sippers forget that the IAM at UAL gave management the contract they now blame AMFA for. Do a little research boys and you will find AMFA got voted in at UAL and never got to negotiate a contract because they already had an IAM negotiated one.

Hopeful said:
Again the TWU Kool Aid Sippers forget that the IAM at UAL gave management the contract they now blame AMFA for. Do a little research boys and you will find AMFA got voted in at UAL and never got to negotiate a contract because they already had an IAM negotiated one.
[post="237532"][/post]​

They also forget to mention the fact that despite the fact that both UAL and USAIR are going for their second and fourth round of concessions in Bankruptcy they still have not caught up to what the TWU gave AA in their first round of pre-BK concessions.

Latest posts