What Is Your Favorite Mainline Aircraft?

What is your favorite mainline aircraft to work on?

• Airbus 319

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Airbus 320

• Airbus 321

• Airbus 330

• Boeing 737-300

• Boeing 737- 400

• Boeing 757 - 200

• Boeing 767 - 200

• Embraer 190

• Total voters
:shock:

I would really like any aircraft that flies from point A to B without a problem such as
CREW
MTC
or
ATC
Just once I would like a LGA flight from my station to fly on a Friday afternoon without any of these problems

Not too much to ask is it???????
:down:

:shock:

I would really like any aircraft that flies from point A to B without a problem such as
CREW
MTC
or
ATC
Just once I would like a LGA flight from my station to fly on a Friday afternoon without any of these problems

Not too much to ask is it???????
:down:

The A/C that has the least amount of hassles from the ramp standpoint is the 757-200. It is easy to load and RARELY has weight and balance issues, and it is easy to work due to the moveable bins. I will admit that there are niggling MTC issues with the fleet overall, but the issues are usually easily cleared by MTC with minimal delays.

Oh, and if anyone in Tempe is listening, NOW might be a good time to attend the ATA auction to bid on some additional ETOPS 757's which could be used on the long, thin routes to Europe, or to pick up the slack from the mainland to Hawaii which has been abandoned by ATA and Aloha.

A319/ A320 for me. I like that they are high off the ground - bins are in good condition so sliding bags is a breeze. You can get a real solid stack going in the small amount of space up to "curtain". But the main reason for me has to be the fact that they are fun to push - whip around real tight and fast. I'm sure thats not a big deal to a lot of people - but this is coming from someone that pushes 330s. So I do enjoy quick turns.

I guess I have to give a little love to our 762s as well. Cans and Pallets slid in and out like a breeze and I enjoy the drop towbars that we use of the 76s and 75s.

Oh, and if anyone in Tempe is listening, NOW might be a good time to attend the ATA auction to bid on some additional ETOPS 757's which could be used on the long, thin routes to Europe, or to pick up the slack from the mainland to Hawaii which has been abandoned by ATA and Aloha.

Amen!

767's and 757's without a doubt. You can load any and everything on them without any problems. You can send the 321's back wherever they came from until they can be fixed to carry more than 4400 lbs in the back bin. We are always leaving payload behind because the 321 can't take the weight. And the plane still has room in it for more cargo. Fix it Tempe!

long live the mighty 757!!! In my 10+ years, never had a W & B issue. It's just a good workhorse! The 321 just doesn't stack up.

long live the mighty 757!!! In my 10+ years, never had a W & B issue. It's just a good workhorse! The 321 just doesn't stack up.

Just wanted to add, before someone from PHL or PHX flames me, I've never had W & B issues loading 757's flying domestic and transcon, as far as the ETOPS birds flying Europe/Hawaii, I know you guys have issues, but the 757 is really pushing its limits on those routes, so W & B should be expected to be tight.

There planes were leased and will go back to the lessors or be transfered to World or North American.

As a passenger, I like flying on the MD80's and 717's sitting up front. They are quiet towards the front, plus only 1 Center seat per row. So is the 767.

I'm a personal advocate of the Boeing 737s...Low to the Ground...Easy to Load Up/Unload and Push back...Oh wait I don't have ramp experience I have Counter *winks* and Management.

As a passenger, I personally like Boeing aircraft. The 757's feel like they load fast and they seem very durable. They don't feel as "cheap" as the Airbus planes to me. The darn seats on the Airbus are always broken, and the plastics feel cheap to me. I also had an experience or two this year on Airbus 320's from PHL to the west coast. I find it unreal that a 'direct' flight has to stop half way to get refueled... Whats the deal with that? Stopping in Indianapolis to refuel and take off again can't be very efficient?

I like the E-190. I'd love to see US add more of these to their fleet. I'd have to say my favorite plane is the 717 that Airtran flys. Its such a quiet plane, and quite roomy with big windows. Its a shame they don't make it anymore...

A319/320 for me... They're about as "ramper friendly" as you can get!
i agree

The embraer 170/175 190's are the least "ramper friendly"
The ceiling is low and stacking bags is really backbreaking literally...it sucks especially if you're tall like me.
I hit my head on the smoke detectors at least once a month...ouch.

Bring back the BAC111...They had fiberglass floors in them so you could scratch your ass all day and had a reason for it :lol: :lol:

i agree

The embraer 170/175 190's are the least "ramper friendly"
The ceiling is low and stacking bags is really backbreaking literally...it sucks especially if you're tall like me.
I hit my head on the smoke detectors at least once a month...ouch.
just like the Fokker F-100 I remember hittingmy head many a times on the ceiling of that plane