What Parker may REALLY be thinking

L

luvn737s

For those tired of the Hatfield vs McCoys drama, some thoughts about why a US/DL merger may be a wise move.

There are two scenarios for which Parker may be preparing. First, US has learned that you can make a profit with a few less airplanes. DL's bankruptcy offers the opportunity to reduce airframe count while maintaining service.

There also exists the possibility to add back airframes to expand the LCC model, and increase the total number of cities served, both domestically and internationally. Should Open Skies and full-on cabotage be allowed (and it probably will) there will be a bloodbath in the traditionally high-yield international markets and most if not all of the "Alliances" would dry up and blow away.

This is where a Low Cost competitor with a fully-developed domestic market could be among the only ones to survive. An airline like AA relies too heavily on small RJ's and could see competitors like Lufthansa or Easyjet or Gol operating MIA-DFW (or any other high-freq market). These airlines can operate on much lower cost structures which will only be further lowered when they can expand unchecked throughout a juicy US marketplace. DL alone still relies too heavily on small RJ's and has yet to order ERJ190's which provide enough seats at lower costs.

US can grow independent of DL and I would suspect if 2/1 comes and goes without any movement by the DL creditors, US will find a way to take the $8 billion and use it to crush DL in the international market as soon as it is possible. But buying DL and making it into more than Grinstein ever dreamed is the much more sensible scenario.

???? The 8 billion you speak of that LCC is going to use to "crush" Delta (wasn't it 5 billion cash?)with Internationally isn't play money for Doogie, hell, it isn't even his. If the deal goes away so does the money. For you to even compare the 2 carriers Internationally is a clear sign of your lack of intelligence with the matter. More like wishful thinking. If anything, Delta will exit bankruptcy a leaner, meaner, more streamlined competitor looking to exact some revenge on Doogie for his falied hostile takeover attempt.

???? The 8 billion you speak of that LCC is going to use to "crush" Delta (wasn't it 5 billion cash?)with Internationally isn't play money for Doogie, hell, it isn't even his. If the deal goes away so does the money. For you to even compare the 2 carriers Internationally is a clear sign of your lack of intelligence with the matter. More like wishful thinking. If anything, Delta will exit bankruptcy a leaner, meaner, more streamlined competitor looking to exact some revenge on Doogie for his falied hostile takeover attempt.

Yeah, we see how successful Delta was the last time their business plan depended on USAirways closing shop.

.....and IF the Masterminds at Delta would have been more interested in Righting their OWN Ship rather than sabotaging OURS, maybe their visit to the BK Court in Sept of 2005 wouldn't have occured. The squadron of Delta RJs covering the Eastern side of the country like a plague of locusts (in ancient Egypt), the failed experiment of SONG (which they still won't admit was a bust), getting kicked out of DFW......the list goes on Miss Scarlet! :lol: Like I have said, "Keep Delta YOUR F'n Delta- we don't want IT!"

.....and IF the Masterminds at Delta would have been more interested in Righting their OWN Ship rather than sabotaging OURS, maybe their visit to the BK Court in Sept of 2005 wouldn't have occured. The squadron of Delta RJs covering the Eastern side of the country like a plague of locusts (in ancient Egypt), the failed experiment of SONG (which they still won't admit was a bust), getting kicked out of DFW......the list goes on Miss Scarlet! :lol: Like I have said, "Keep Delta YOUR F'n Delta- we don't want IT!"

US Airways operates all-coach planes with leather seats and TV at every seat?

US Airways operates a hub at DFW?

Wow I must be behind the times...

my, how the tune has changed since US employees were sporting "Make Delta my B!@#$". Obviously US employees have learned they haven't got a prayer of taking over DL so they now want to scream "sour grapes."

Pray tell me what was US' excuse for TWO trips to BK?

You may also want to note that while DL has "been in US' business" it has been very successful at maintaining a presence and expanding its network. US has had no such luck. DL now has a presence in most of US' key markets with the exception of those between DC and PHL. In fact, DL has increased its presence from CLT to NYC among other gems. US hasn't been able to defend its network against incursions from ANYONE. And DL will be moving out of its concourse in PHL just as fast as possible this fall - and into US' gates - so WN can move in and add about 40 new flights.

By the way, Song or no Song, does US still have any discernible presence from NYC to Florida? DL sure does. DFW has nothing to do with US... and leaving DFW allowed DL to beef up Latin America and NYC, two markets where DL's presence is directly affecting US. So AA might have DFW all to itself - along w/ WN's new flights from DAL - but DL has a much bigger presence in NYC and Latin America now, and both are still growing. DL got the better end of that "deal".

One other point to this, if Delta's new plan is approved and no merger occurs, at least the offer forced Delta to change its BK plan. Now its presenting some pretty inflated numbers to its creditors and it better deliver.

When the merger tanks, DAL's position will be weaker than before and may hinder its overall recovery.

I still want a "Make Delta My B@tch" pin. I will wear it to the grave. Damn I would loved to have stapled their nasty ass attitudes to the bottom of the seniority list!

And where was USAirways focus? They made two trips to BK and at least 3 business plans. One was to open up a satelite hub in FLL. Ah, I think that went to the way side in a matter of 2 months; rolling hub in PHL...trashed.

I don't believe MidAtlantic set the industry on fire in its short run. One Billion in labor concessions got the small low-cost carrier within a carrier sold for a lousy $100 million 14 months from its inception. I also remember U got thrown out of BWI in 2002 and the hub shut down.

I think you'd better look in your own backyard glass house before you start throwing stones.

And where was USAirways focus? They made two trips to BK and at least 3 business plans. One was to open up a satelite hub in FLL. Ah, I think that went to the way side in a matter of 2 months; rolling hub in PHL...trashed.

I don't believe MidAtlantic set the industry on fire in its short run. One Billion in labor concessions got the small low-cost carrier within a carrier sold for a lousy $100 million 14 months from its inception. I also remember U got thrown out of BWI in 2002 and the hub shut down.

I think you'd better look in your own backyard glass house before you start throwing stones.
You missed the point.....Delta needs to look at their problems that put them into BK.....I am not interested in hearing THEIR spin on USAirways.