What Part Of Union Don't You Understand?

RUM@AA

Advanced
Oct 12, 2002
TWU fans at Tulsa are now sporting the latest anti-AMFA shirts baring the slogan "What part of Union don't you understand" along with the letters AMFA crossed out (circle with a line through it)

Here's my answer:
I don't understand the part where the union leadership accepts the largest concessionary contract in the history of the aviation industry "without further ratification" after announcing that 3200 members were unable to vote.
After proclaiming that the vote was "tainted".
After swearing that there must be a re-vote!
I don't understand the part where the union leadership "parrots" the company line in an attempt to swing a vote in one direction.
I don't understand the part where so called "union men" run to management to rat out other members simply because they can't stand the fact that someone might have the nerve to stand against said corrupt union leaders.

My question for all the no-AMFA shirt wearing sheep is this:

WHAT PART OF SELL-OUT UNION DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND???

It seems the TWU and theAPFA have something in common...

SELLING THE MEMBERSHIP OUT!!!!!

What union? The mechanics at AA haven't had a union since 1983! Let's see here, our contract was opened ILLEGALLY,renegoiated ILLEGALLY,a vote taken ILLEGALLY,a revote was DENIED by ONE PERSON, and ratified ILLEGALLY. To top it all off,GOOD union members had to sue to try and stop this B.S. When the case came to court, the union calls the company in to testify on it's behalf on an internal union matter. The judge decides that we the membership have NO RIGHTS under the TWU constitution and the ATD,INTERNATIONAL can do what ever they please!
Then after the dust settles,the INTERNATIONAL removes LOCAL 562 officers from office for their "DISLOYALITY" and "DISOBEDIENCE". What type of union is that?!

I don't understand the part of union that believes a t-shirt is the solution to all issues.

I have seen t-shirts and slogans for twenty years now.

"Will strike is provoked"

"Strike Force - Dead Serious"

"United We Stand - Contract '95"

"An Injustice to One - Is An Injustice to All"

"United We Bargain - Divided We Beg"

"Dont Lower Wages - Oppose Right-to-Work"

These are just a few examples of the brave and powerful sloganism produced by the TWU.

Got an issue? Get a t-shirt!

Got concerns? Get a slogan!

Can't negotiate? Focus on Politics!

The t-shirt referenced in the original post should read -

"What part of sloganism dont you understand?" :angry:

Hey, at least you get a tshirt.......the AFA flight attendants, we get a button: CHAOS. :down: Yea, that's effective. AFA = Association of Friggin Morons

Sadly RV4 is right. What the TWU and the AFL-CIO have come to is mere slogan unionism and corny t-shirts.

This is the kind of unionism I don't understand:

In 1989 we were told to vote NO the the T/A because it onle gave us a mere 25 cent raise.
The TWU then turned around and came back with a 10 cent raise and Flex Benefits and told us it was "the best we're gonna get, brother..."

The kind of unionism I don't understand is the kind that ALWAYS gives the company more than they asked for. :down: :down:

WOO, WOO! (friendly Raccoon goodbye)

By the way FLY, if you're as good looking as the female on your...what ever they call it...movie there...I'm sure the boys down at the Raccoon Lodge wouldn't mind if you brought your "temple" over for some"amusement." ;)

WOO, WOO! (friendly Raccoon goodbye)

Steve Connell said:
Can we add..."Join the Revolution"?, or "AMFA Now!"? You all are a joke..
No the TWU slogan T shirts are the joke.
Mention AMFA Now to Jim Little and see if he laughs. Doubt it.

I second your motion Ed Norton on the Fly statement.

Mention AMFA to Jim Little right now and you'd probably finish him off!

Now I'll get jumped on by the TWU stooges for being insensitive to Jim Little's supossed ailment.

Since you TWU bums are such men of honor you wouldn't knock Delle if he were ill, right? I'm so sure!

Of course the biggest joke around here is that management stoolie, Rat boy Steve!

We threw him outta the sewers a long time ago. The other rats didn't even want him!

:down: :down:

Steve Connell said:
Can we add..."Join the Revolution"?, or "AMFA Now!"? You all are a joke..
You TWAY people just love to stir the pot, dont you? You don't know when to stop do you? All you do is complain, complain, complain that you got screwed or nAAtives are a joke. Why dont you guys offer to buy the TWA name from AMR and start TWA again? Pan Am is looking for a friend in Gary, Indiana.

You TWAY people just love to stir the pot, dont you? You don't know when to stop do you? All you do is complain, complain, complain that you got screwed or nAAtives are a joke...funny...I didn't mention the fact ..not sleeping well?

and Norton...all knowing one..just who did I rat on? Or is your ignorance proof of your validity? And you threw me out of where? I don't believe you have ever done anything to me except perhaps hide behind an alias and throw worthless pokes...why not be a man? Face me and throw me..or be the AMFA stooge you are.Coward? At a loss for words or a loss of nerve...come visit me.

Ohhh Connell..you in big twubble now..hahahahahahaha..Norton gonna eat yo lunch...right Norton? Nevah axe him to do a manly man act..hahahahahaha...so who did you rat on Connell...? wrx got yo number...I'm so glad he's an amfa follower...hahahahaha..I heard wrx voted for the concessions after getting amfaman's direction..hahahahahahaha..am I missing something here?

Drippy Quill said:
Ohhh Connell..you in big twubble now..hahahahahahaha..Norton gonna eat yo lunch...right Norton? Nevah axe him to do a manly man act..hahahahahaha...so who did you rat on Connell...? wrx got yo number...I'm so glad he's an amfa follower...hahahahaha..I heard wrx voted for the concessions after getting amfaman's direction..hahahahahahaha..am I missing something here?
missing something here?

Uh, yeah like, uh...yer brain. Duhhh, oh or should I say...baaaaaa

:lol: Ha Ha
:lol: Ha ha
:lol: Ha ha
:shock: Ouch!

TonyB..will I go to management...you bet...got a problem with that? If so..come see me ... by the way Tony..I don't need to be provoked to go to management...you want the TWU to walk the line..so will you...problemo?

Steve, you are a self proclaimed rat!

WOO, WOO!