WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF I SIGN A UNION CARD?

gonzo

Veteran
Oct 17, 2005
Q: Am I saying that I want to vote for the union that I mail the card to?

A: No - you are saying that you want to vote for the union you want to represent you. You can even write in a union you want to represent you. (ref. NMB Representation Manual Section 13.303 and 14.305-2) Besure you are very familiar with the union you are planning on writing in.
-----------
Q: Why do I want to send a card in if the union I want is representing me now.

A: You are not required to send in a card, but if your contract is not satisfactory to you then having a choice is always better.
-----------

Q: Some of the members have me worried that if I send in the card, that I will not have a union to represent me. Is that true?

A: If the eligible voters vote not to have any representation then you will have no union. If a majority of voters do not pick a clear winner then a "Run Off Election" will be held. There will be only two choices. The two choices will be the two groups that recieved the most votes on the previous election. (the reason they didn't recieve a majority of the votes before is because of "write ins" on the first ballot)There will not be "write in" space on a "run-off election" ballot. You have two choices that's it. The one with the most votes wins, even if a majority of the elegible voters don't vote. (ref. NMB Representation Manual 16.0)------------

Q: How many cards have to be sent in to cause a vote to happen?

A: 35% of the TOTAL ELIGIBLE WORK FORCE have to send in a card in order for the NMB to have a vote.

-----------

Q: What does the TOTAL ELIGIBLE WORK FORCE consist of?

A: The TOTAL ELIGIBLE WORK FORCE is the number eligibile employees that will be represented by a union. Example: A company has 200 employees working in a NMB determined eligible classification. 90 employees are full time, 50 are regular part-time, 50 are on furlough, 5 were dismissed/fired, 5 are retired.

All of the listed employees are eligible as part of the 35% sending in cards, except for the 5 DISMISSED/FIRED AND THE 5 RETIRED EMPLOYEES. If the dismissed/fired employees have a grievance procedure that is on going then they will also be eligible.
-----------

Q: What do they mean that a vote of 50% plus 1 of the members must vote to have a change of representation?

A: 50% of the membership plus one person must vote to have a change of represtation. A company of 200 eligible employees would have to have 101 of them to vote in order to change (or have) union representation. If there were only 100 employees then there would be no representation.(the initial vote must have 50% plus 1, if a "run of elections" is made then the mojority wins, it doesn't have to be 50% plus 1 of the eligible voters)(ref. NMB Representation Manual Section 16.0) :)

not satisfactory but not amendable until 2009...you can't help us at all....why fake it? B)

No fake intended....with the IBT as representatives (with the contracts at the stage they are now) both groups would stay under their own contracts and the IBT would submit a Section 6 document. Starting to negotiate now is better than waiting until 2009 and starting then. It is in the companies best interest to have all this over with very quickly.

With IAM contract in force then we all lose even more.

More misinformation.

If an election is held and the ibt wins, all they will do is enforce the current IAM/US CBA, that is the law under the RLA.

The section 6 notice can only be filed 60 days prior to the amendable date of the contract, unless US Airways agrees. US Airways will not open the contracts prior to the amendable date unless ofcourse it is for more concessions.

Two seperate contracts will not remain once the NMB declares single carrier status and then a transistion agreement will be negotiated to bring the HP/West AMTs under the US/East IAM/CBA

More misinformation.

If an election is held and the ibt wins, all they will do is enforce the current IAM/US CBA, that is the law under the RLA.

The section 6 notice can only be filed 60 days prior to the amendable date of the contract, unless US Airways agrees. US Airways will not open the contracts prior to the amendable date unless ofcourse it is for more concessions.

Two seperate contracts will not remain once the NMB declares single carrier status and then a transistion agreement will be negotiated to bring the HP/West AMTs under the US/East IAM/CBA
You sir are so full of your own IAM crap/misinformation that I think you really believe it!

Why don't you go ask the NMB about it?

Will you believe them?

Go ask the WN AMT's if they got a new contract when AMFA beat the ibt.

Go ask the UA's AMT's if they got a new contract when AMFA beat the IAM.

The answer you will find is no, you don't have the right renegotiate upon a change of representation.

Don't let the facts get in your way.

More misinformation.

so mr 70 tell me how if the iam wins they will bring us into your crapy contract now after the transistion agreement but you guys don't come into the ibt if we win the election? you make no sense as usual

and to your above statment that is a totally diferent situation they voted a new union and their contract is in effect til it expires, we are merging and you cant keep two unions so one will go away, and our contract has expired and is being renegotiated as we speak.

Do you have a comprehension problem?

No where did I say that.

Guess you are the one who makes no sense.

Do you have a comprehension problem?

No where did I say that.

Guess you are the one who makes no sense.

maybe you need to read your own postings or lies what ever you call them

QUOTE(700UW @ Nov 14 2005, 03:13 PM)

More misinformation.

Well then........I think that the solution to the whole deal would be for the leaders of each union meet with the members of both the unions and reveal the facts..........NOTHING but the facts and not in the legal mumbo jumbo......in plain language. And when that is all said and done, the union members, one and all, can make their choice....based on the FACTS.

Will that ever happen?? Can that ever happen?? Does anyone want that to happen??

Opinions welcomed..........and if stating FACTS, please be prepared to provide legitimate references that are accessible to ALL.

Thank you!!

You seriously need some help.

If the ibt wins they become the representative but will only enforce the current US/IAM CBA as that is the surviving agreement.

And if and when the NMB declares single carrier status the IAM will be the representative for both groups and will negotiate a intergration agreement to bring the ibt HP mechs under the IAM US CBA.
Can you understand that or do I have to type it real slow for you?

If the ibt wins they become the representative but will only enforce the current US/IAM CBA as that is the surviving agreement.And if and when the NMB declares single carrier status the IAM will be the representative for both groups and will negotiate a intergration agreement to bring the ibt HP mechs under the IAM US CBA.

boy what kind of #### are you smoking they have really spoon fead you some lies. remember awa is the surviving airline they only took the name they are not contractually abligated to your contract just because you have larger numbers doesn't mean anything if there is a vote, if the ibt wins they must go by the ibt contract your is out the door when your brought into our.

If the ibt wins they become the representative but will only enforce the current US/IAM CBA as that is the surviving agreement.

And if and when the NMB declares single carrier status the IAM will be the representative for both groups and will negotiate a intergration agreement to bring the ibt HP mechs under the IAM US CBA.

I guess I'm just way, way stupider than you.........I guess because I want the facts from someone who is supposed to be legit, that means I need help. No.......you're the one who needs help. Needs an attitude change, that's for sure. Try it, huh? You might like being a bit more positive instead of such a negative person.

Well then........I think that the solution to the whole deal would be for the leaders of each union meet with the members of both the unions and reveal the facts..........NOTHING but the facts and not in the legal mumbo jumbo......in plain language. And when that is all said and done, the union members, one and all, can make their choice....based on the FACTS.

Will that ever happen?? Can that ever happen?? Does anyone want that to happen??

Opinions welcomed..........and if stating FACTS, please be prepared to provide legitimate references that are accessible to ALL.

Thank you!!

Airwoman the ibt has allready invited the iam to a open debate in frount of the members but it seams the iam is afread too! soo take it as you want but that to me means the are scared of the truth coming out.