Whatever Happened To Wn Coming To Ric?

AgMedallion

Advanced
Aug 31, 2002
Didn't Herb announce that RIC would be next after ORF, or did he mean the next Virginia city? Someone said that once MDW and ISP construction was finished, RIC service would begin to those cities. Is MDW and ISP construction still ongoing?

I think all Herb said was that WN would be coming to RIC. He didn't say when. Terminal improvements are complete at Midway, but not at ISP. Hope this helps.

The ISP Terminal should be open in late spring this year with four gates, expanding to eight gates when the old portion is rebuild and connected to the new terminal.

I was living in RIC at the time that announcement was made. I clearly recall the newspaper account quoting Southwest as saying they would be serving RIC at some point. However, they did not say when that service would commence, nor did they say RIC would be next in line.

Here's a vote for RIC...and SYR.

Southwest has said that there will be no more new cities in 2004 and with all the new flying out of PHL to be announced today(3/25), RIC is on the back burner. It will come in 2005 or '06. Just my thoughts......

This was in the PHL Inquirer online:

Southwest plans to start here May 9 with 14 flights a day to six cities, but it will add flights to Fort Lauderdale and West Palm Beach, Fla.; Houston; New Orleans; Manchester, N.H.; Raleigh/Durham, N.C.; and Los Angeles, according to computer records that include all airline schedules.

Be interesting how much of it is true.