TIME FOR CHANGE

Veteran
Feb 9, 2003
mia
AmericanAirlines
AIRCRAFT MAINTENANCE August 24, 2006

Attn : ALL WESTERN DIVISION CLASS 2 STATION M. & E. EMPLOYEES

AUGUST 25, 2006 PLANNED ANNOUNCEMENT

On August 25, 2006, the American Airlines Aircraft Line Maintenance Department is planning to release information regarding the joint efforts of the T.W.U. Leadership and A.A. Management Teams, as we continue to work towards improved dependability and reliability goals, along with continued joint efforts on various initiatives that may sustain our existence well into the future.

Last week, over 65 T.W.U. Leaders and Managers/Directors met with our Vice President in the Dallas area, for three days of discussions on the future of Line Maintenance. This was an unprecedented joint meeting, as the future of everyone’s continued career will depend on the joint efforts continuing, and filtering down to our front line
employees-both T.W.U. and Management/Non-Management. There will be challenges ahead, and hurdles to overcome, but we must do it, and do it jointly, or Line Maintenance as we know it today will be put into a position of having to make major changes to how we do business, or we will face even more drastic action.

I’ll let the announcement and its content speak for itself tomorrow, and your Supervisors will be briefed via some “talking pointsâ€￾ as to some of the details. Feel free to forward any questions through your Supervisor to me after the announcement is made. I will work to get a timely answer to any questions not addressed either in the announcement, or in the talking points. This notice is intended to make you aware of the pending announcement, so that you hear it first from the TWU and Company jointly, before hearing from other sources.

(Original Signed by:)
Richard K. Wood
Richard K. Wood #075959
Regional Manager
cc: J. Healey – Managing Director
John J.R. Ruiz – President, Local #564

I asked if there were going to be no more lay offs till '08 will there be "realignments". My Chairman asked this question for me and he said that the company did not give an answer of yes or no. Guess what: a realignment is still a layoff.

It is said that the Line guys will be doing more work like progress C and/or B Check items. Contract maintenance work is also wanted by management. With a much reduced work force how will all this be accomplished? Are we being set up to fail?

I asked if there were going to be no more lay offs till '08 will there be "realignments". My Chairman asked this question for me and he said that the company did not give an answer of yes or no. Guess what: a realignment is still a layoff.

It is said that the Line guys will be doing more work like progress C and/or B Check items. Contract maintenance work is also wanted by management. With a much reduced work force how will all this be accomplished? Are we being set up to fail?
BUCKLE UP LOOKS LIKE NOT SUCH A SMOOTH RIDE AHEAD. BUT KEEP PULLING TOGETHER......... :) :)

Hey, where's kirk wells? He should be out front shouting, "Shared sacrifice! Shared sacrifice!"
Too the doors and stop, with the redneck hearse (Trailer behind a Truck) Showing off their bronze casket, sporting 'Old Glory'?

Kirky the felon has gone into hiding, and is trying to hold onto his TWU position. Another compAAny paid for scam.

The twu union guys are knocking on every door here in mia for contract work

They say if we dont get contract work then there will be layoffs

If we do get contract work no recalls but no layoffs

If AA wants to make money on contract work at the line stations. I say share the wealth.

Time and a half for contract work weather your on shift or not ;)

So... What was the annoucement?

The letter says info to be released Aug 25th, to day is Aug 26th and I have not heard the joint communication.

Was this another farce, or can they still not keep their word?

So... What was the annoucement?

The letter says info to be released Aug 25th, to day is Aug 26th and I have not heard the joint communication.

Was this another farce, or can they still not keep their word?
It's on M&E, and it says that the line presidents just negotiated away $95 million more per year without a membership vote. The bootlicker president from Miami calls it a "courageous" move. They negotiated us into the "best in class" for job performance but keep us "worst in class" pay package. This all under the threat of layoffs, in which I remind them that almost all the line has job security for a few more years, unless of course they negotiated away that without a vote.

The timing couldn't be better to boot this a-holes off the property once and for all, because there are some seriously pissed off people after this "with no ratification" agreement.

The twu union guys are knocking on every door here in mia for contract work

They say if we dont get contract work then there will be layoffs

If we do get contract work no recalls but no layoffs

If AA wants to make money on contract work at the line stations. I say share the wealth.

Time and a half for contract work weather your on shift or not ;)

There is contract work here in SAN as well. However, since we are stretched so thin we do not have the people to dedicate to other airlines if they call. Nice Catch 22! So let me see, we took pay cuts so we wouldn't have layoffs; or so said the twu. We Voted NO on concessions after the company lied to us. But the twu accepted them on our behalf. Then we took layoffs.

Now we took more layoffs or "realignments" as they may be called. Our hours between inspections has increased, we look at less items, the aircraft are looking ragged, we have less people to do more work. Anyone else following the bread crumbs here?

Actually, I did hear that during the course of this proposal for line maintenance to step up on third party maintenance - somebody did; in fact, ask what are you gonna do for us? Something about the fact that if we're supposed to be best in class and do all this extra work, well by god our pay and benefits ought to reflect more like SWAs AMTs or better yet UPS' AMTs. The company response was that it wouldn't be unreasonable to get our wages and benefits back up around SWAs AMTs to reflect best in class. This is nothing more than talk right now of course. I think this is mostly directed at class ones, as the class twos are already stretched too thin to accomplish much more than they already do. Unless the company wants to pony up early, I don't see enough motivation to bust ass only to get it stuffed up your ass a year later. This 95 million a year savings for line mx is a pipe dream perpetuated by one of these consulting groups and their damn pie charts. The reality is, the fleets are falling apart thanks to this new mx system (MSG 3)and now they want us to work third party mx as well. This is gonna be fun to watch. :up:

Latest posts