When will the Layoffs Start?

FLYUSAIRWAYS

Advanced
Feb 21, 2004
Now that the LGA Slot Deal has been rejected twice, and it now goes to the appeal Court (which could take forever). When do you think the next lay off will take place? Our station is over by 7 CSA's. I'm sure other stations are over their head count also. We have CSS's working agent shifts, while 33 year PT agents are awaiting recall to FT since 9-11. Is this something that can be grieved??? It just does not seem right. Please comment on your station's CSA overage's, and do you have CSS'
s, working agents shifts, because CSS's are immune from layoff.

Now that the LGA Slot Deal has been rejected twice, and it now goes to the appeal Court (which could take forever). When do you think the next lay off will take place? Our station is over by 7 CSA's. I'm sure other stations are over their head count also. We have CSS's working agent shifts, while 33 year PT agents are awaiting recall to FT since 9-11. Is this something that can be grieved??? It just does not seem right. Please comment on your station's CSA overage's, and do you have CSS'
s, working agents shifts, because CSS's are immune from layoff.
Reduction in force should be done by seniority…………
The CSS group can get preferential treatment from management for their loyalty to them
Management will layoff senior agents and kept junior CSS
In exchange for allegiance.CWA contract allows this kind of reduction in force
NOT GOOD management takes advantage of this

Reduction in force should be done by seniority…………
The CSS group can get preferential treatment from management for their loyalty to them
Management will layoff senior agents and kept junior CSS
In exchange for allegiance.CWA contract allows this kind of reduction in force
NOT GOOD management takes advantage of this

----Why would you think there a lay off soon? There were some opening in PWM, SEA, for outsider, some station just has they head count increased. Why would they want to hired and LAY off ??? this don't make any sense.... I don't know where you get this information's but this is very weird INFO? Why would they need to layoff when we are going be making money? some west coast station has opening as well PHL just hired a bunch of CAR agent???????

----Why would you think there a lay off soon? Why would they want to hired and LAY off ??? this don't make any sense.... I don't know where you get this information's but this is very weird INFO? Why would they need to layoff when we are going be making money?
HISTORY of the airline and forward looking business of the airline
We are one step away form being outsourced or reduce even the hubs aren’t immune
EXPRESSED coming soon or as you said a bunch of CAR’s

Corporate says we are over by 2..I'd like to know where?

What's killing us are the f/t are 9-5:30...///

26 yr csa days off /thrus/fri....(p/t)..but only 1 day p/t agent they gave wknds off..go figure..mgmt got po'd b/c they had a sick call late one sun nite, not enough time for buzy mon am..so now we all have to suffer..

Crappy vacation weeks, and work sked to boot for the summer!!!!!

We are staffed w/. 2..me and spvr in the am for 1 hr, till p/t comes in..3 till 9am,,and we are buzy..(t/c)

I'll check em in, kiosk can wait..tired of jumping over the counter..

One @ a time..delay's oh well...

could start by eliminating 1 admin rep, we have 1 addl spvr that could do that- and no need for shift manager.
there ya go..2 more deadwood not needed,

could start by eliminating 1 admin rep, we have 1 addl spvr that could do that- and no need for shift manager.
there ya go..2 more deadwood not needed,

The layoffs will start in September and February. Just like they did last year. Right after the busy summer and holiday months. The company is saving money by the continual slashing of jobs. Thus making the remaining agents work twice as hard. They don't care about customer service ANYMORE. But as soon as this reflects in the numbers, they will start writing agents up. CWA doesn't seem to care either. They say the head count is soley up to the company. They have no say so. However in CWA's constitution (amended June, 2008) it states: Article III-Objects, (B) To improve the conditions of the workers with respect to wages, hours, WORKING CONDITIONS and other conditions of employment. Hey guys it's time to live up to the union contract...We don't pay union dues to have you all sit around and look pretty!!! Especially you, Velveeta. It's time to turn the heat up on the company regarding layoffs .Sick and tired of the BS from both sides......... Apparently the beatings will continue until morale improves. :angry:

One issue that will the attention of the CWA is contract negot
Lets SOLICIT for another Union...

I can contact the Teamsters...

Our work schedules , vacation, bids, everything stinks.

we lost more people, work so shorthanded, a 4 hr shift is like working 8-10 hrs.
You think that's right?

The Teamsters contact has started. Velvet needs to go--Im dumping the CWA.
Thumbs down...

The Teamsters contact has started. Velvet needs to go--Im dumping the CWA.
Thumbs down...

She should of been gone last year. Why is she still employed??? Oh, that's right she started paying attention when her butt was on the line. Notice how pretty the CWA website looks now. That's her contribution. She's well worth the union dues we pay to allow her to keep screwing us over....Now if she could just pick an arbitrator who isn't biased........Come on Velvet act like you care. Couldn't you let us win 1 or 2 arbitrations every 2 or 3 years? It would help your image and make you look less like the traitor that you are. Her boss should be fired too. Obviously she backed her up last year allowing her to keep her job. This union needs to cleaned from the top to the bottom. I will admit there are a few union presidents who give a ----.
Very few and far in between. :ph34r:

AS soon as I have info from Teamsters, I will let everyone know, what's what- but first, we NEED TO vote the CWA out!!

Latest posts