Where To Shop This Christmas

jetmechline

Aug 22, 2002
I received the following e-mail from a friend and thought it was important and needed to be passed on to everyone who supports our troops. Especially, the free market Wal-Mart shoppers. I also called the 800 # below and confirmed it is true.

######################################################################
#

I just confirmed this story via Sears Customer Care at 1-800-349-4358.
This dedication to our service personnel deserves to be recognized; we will be patronizing Sears for our Christmas shopping this year! I forgot to ask if K-Mart is part of the Pass this along, ok?
Let's all shop at Sears!!!!!!
I assume you have all seen the reports about how Sears is treating its reservist employees who are called up? By law, they are required to hold their jobs open and available, but nothing more. Usually, people take a big pay cut and lose benefits as a result of being called up...Sears is voluntarily paying the difference in salaries and maintaining all benefits, including medical insurance and bonus programs, for all called up reservist employees for up to two years. I submit that Sears is an exemplary corporate citizen and should be recognized for its contribution. Suggest we all shop at Sears, and be sure to find a manager to tell them why we are there so the company gets the positive reinforcement it well deserves.
So I decided to check it out before I sent it forward. I sent the following email to the Sears Customer Service Department:I received this email and I would like to know if it is true.If it is, the Internet may have just become one very good source of advertisement for your store. I know I would go out of my way to buy products from Sears instead of another store for a like item even if it was cheaper at the other store.
Here is their answer to my email.....................

Dear Customer:
Thank you for contacting Sears. The information is factual. We appreciate your positive feedback. Sears regards service to our country as one of greatest sacrifices our young men and women can make. We are happy to do our part to lessen the burden they bear at this time.

Bill Thorn
Sears Customer Care
[email protected]
1-800-349-4358

Hope777 said:
If I could Afford to shop, I would shop here. However, doesnt look like there is much left for presents............
[post="228229"][/post]​

I’m sorry to hear about your financial situation. I understand the hardships that you, and all of U S Airways employees are now facing. You can still help support our troops by passing on this information to everyone in your address book, to anyone willing to listen.

I hope that everyone reading this will take a few minutes of their time and send this information out to all of their friends. It is a simple and quick way to show your support for the troops and it doesn’t cost a dime.

Visit this site and learn the truth directly from the soldiers. No matter how hard we think we are now having it, they are apparently getting desperate for help from all of us. We owe them at least this much.

http://www.optruth.org/main.cfm

jetmechline said:
I’m sorry to hear about your financial situation. I understand the hardships that you, and all of U S Airways employees are now facing. You can still help support our troops by passing on this information to everyone in your address book, to anyone willing to listen.

I hope that everyone reading this will take a few minutes of their time and send this information out to all of their friends. It is a simple and quick way to show your support for the troops and it doesn’t cost a dime.

Visit this site and learn the truth directly from the soldiers. No matter how hard we think we are now having it, they are apparently getting desperate for help from all of us. We owe them at least this much.

http://www.optruth.org/main.cfm
[post="228325"][/post]​

IMPORTANT QUESTION

Do any of you know the number to call to donate ff miles? Or do we go to that carrier? I have 18,000 miles I accrued when I had a AA visa card with citi. I would like to donate those miles to the troops. Thanks.

Keep this junk off the boards. I don't care who supports or doesn't support the troops.

mp863,

Wow! What hostility! Don't pull up the thread if it does'nt appeal to you....

This thread is an example of corporate responsibility and accountability, something which these days is sorely lacking.....

Way to go Sears.....Thanks for doing the right thing!

It's a nice policy, but I'm still not going to shop at Sears for Christmas. It's a crummy place to buy anything other than hammers or paint.

mp863 said:
Keep this junk off the boards. I don't care who supports or doesn't support the troops.
[post="228404"][/post]​

MS863

You have every right not to care about who does or doesn’t support the troops. It is your right, guaranteed under the U.S. Constitution. I’m sure the troops, as they have for hundreds of years, will continue to protect you and your family’s rights and liberties. No matter what the cost is to them and their family, they will be there for you. It truly is a great nation we live in, isn’t it MS863?