Which Maintenance Base Will Fall?

1AA

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
www.usaviation.com
If you look at the current situation with this industry how can American Airlines continue to operate with three maintenance bases?
Something has to give. The other airlines are talking BK and eliminating pensions, jobs and more paycuts. Are we in that much better financial situation than the others? I doubt it. Southwest is still making a profit despite the high fuel prices and they have no overhaul (hint). Is American or the TWU living in denial or in a dream world that we can continue at our present course? The hard truth is that some time between now and February something big is coming down. American refuses to down size back to profitability with the help of the TWU. More paycuts maybe or more station closures? The holidays are coming and the judge had no mercy for the USAir employees with the mandated 21% paycut. What do you think the Company or union will do if things get worse than they are now. The judges are siding with the companies. The door is open for disaster.
:shock: :unsure: :blink: :(

i fear we will see another combination of the two, more concessions and more layoff's. but the twu will call it a victory nonetheless because they were able to defeat that evil amfa thing and if they would have been on the property it would have been much worse! you should see a strong showing of the dreaded snake shirt in short order.

Decision 2004 said:
MCI will close simply because they have NO JOB SECURITY, and can be RIF'd without excessive cost.
[post="191736"][/post]​

MCI will close because they were unable to obtain Third Party maintenance. Then the jpb security issue will kick in.

But I would be interested in any information on the rumored lawsuit concerning MCI exit seniority?

Decision 2004 said:
MCI will close simply because they have NO JOB SECURITY, and can be RIF'd without excessive cost.
[post="191736"][/post]​

...and that is due to the fact you kool-aid sippers voted not to allow dovetailing. I forgot, slim voted to allow it after he saw everyone else was against it...what a trend setter...HAHAHA!!!

Drippy Quill said:
...and that is due to the fact you kool-aid sippers voted not to allow dovetailing. I forgot, slim voted to allow it after he saw everyone else was against it...what a trend setter...HAHAHA!!!
[post="192009"][/post]​

Who dug the Drippy back up? I just love all the aliases that keep coming back after the current one gets old and bruised.

Your kool-aid kids at the Kremlin 514 voted against dovetailing Drippy. Many in the AMFA movement would like to see system wide seniority like other trade unions have.

Your unprofessional anti-AMFA website shows how childish and misguided some of the twu cowards are.

Why didn't any of the webmasters that assembled all the lies and half-truths sign they're name to them? I know...unaccountability is a twu staple.

Its too bad MCI will not see another year. I hate to see it happen.

The twu saved NOTHING.....

Hackman said:
Who dug the Drippy back up? I just love all the aliases that keep coming back after the current one gets old and bruised.

Your kool-aid kids at the Kremlin 514 voted against dovetailing Drippy. Many in the AMFA movement would like to see system wide seniority like other trade unions have.

Your unprofessional anti-AMFA website shows how childish and misguided some of the twu cowards are.

Why didn't any of the webmasters that assembled all the lies and half-truths sign they're name to them? I know...unaccountability is a twu staple.

Its too bad MCI will not see another year. I hate to see it happen.
The twu saved NOTHING.....
[post="192030"][/post]​

You hate to see it happen? Why continue the blatant lies? NOTHING could be farther from the truth. You realize that without MCIE, AMFA will have a shot at getting in at AA. Where you at 514 and witness that vote? I didn't think so.

Why didn't any of the webmasters that assembled all the lies and half-truths sign they're name to them?

Hey dummie..go HERE for spellcheck...you may hug your dictionary, but you're still an Inspector....HAHAHA!!!

Drippy Quill said:
You hate to see it happen? Why continue the blatant lies? NOTHING could be farther from the truth. You realize that without MCIE, AMFA will have a shot at getting in at AA. Where you at 514 and witness that vote? I didn't think so.

I sense that you have realized the truth and are now angered by it.

WE tried to tell you Drippy, you have nobody to blame but yourself.

Last time I heard AA and TWU use the term attrition, nobody lasted affected lasted more than a year! This time apparrently is the same.

hey drip, maybe if you do some serious boot licking you can go into management......oh wait a second, on second thought they're about to feel the hammer fall too!....oh well perhaps a job at the kremlin? :lol:

local 12 proud said:
hey drip, maybe if you do some serious boot licking you can go into management......oh wait a second, on second thought they're about to feel the hammer fall too!....oh well perhaps a job at the kremlin? :lol:
[post="192211"][/post]​

Perhaps you could entertain us and give us a quick lesson in bootlick 101...c'mon now, be proud...go buff delle's little noggin you freak.

I believe I'll join NW and others in cramming AMFA down your throats if I get 't furloughed. Davey, I won't be losing my server...it's paid every two years, as is my domain, not a problemo. We'll just be changing our format a bit and see about getting AMFA elected into AA...after all...you do deserve your just rewards...HAHAHA!!! Then you too can join us on the streets. :up:

Drippy Quill said:

Why didn't any of the webmasters that assembled all the lies and half-truths sign they're name to them?

Hey dummie..go HERE for spellcheck...you may hug your dictionary, but you're still an Inspector....HAHAHA!!!
[post="192117"][/post]​
Now, now Drippy, you don't have to feel like the whole world is totally against MCI, there are some good guys up there. Its just that your not one of them. Don't cry. You may need to take some more quality time with your therapist, as the voices have told you. :huh: You might have come back to us here too soon, but I think you'll have all the time to get the help you need very soon.

AMFA will get a vote this time in, MCI or not. We only needed 27 more cards, and that was with the collusion of the twu and AA to inflate the list, and the NMB to buy it off. The cards are coming in now, and we still have 11 months to go.

I didn't have to be at the 514 to know what went down. Ask your Kremlin 514 "pals" if any of them wanted to dovetail. I think you know the answer to that one.

You got me on the use of "they're", can't be perfect all the time like you, but I still spelled it correctly.

Since your so smart (Drippy has his own useless web site and all, I bet the other voices are mad) Do you know what "base" means Drippy? Ask your other voice Nightbitch, he knows.

Tell us again how the twu saved your job in a few months. :rolleyes:

The twu saved NOTHING....

Hackman said:
Tell us again how the twu saved your job in a few months. :rolleyes:

The twu saved NOTHING....
[post="192245"][/post]​

So you are so naive as to believe that because you were just 27 sigs short of a full load that you will enjoy the same numbers next time around? You're about as bright as your photos.

If I do get furloughed I will have made thousands more than the AMFA boyzzzzz at UAL and NWA...nice little savings program. Actually I could use a little vacation, the stress of getting up everyday and scurring off to work is tiresome. I think I'll do some farm animal activities...bahhhhh... :D After all, your buddy Bush just said he'd get us all an education...

Oh yeah...if I do get furloughed I'll be your next AMFA organizer...I think you deserve Delle...HAHAHA!!!

Drippy Quill said:
[post="192009"][/post]​

Well drippy I was there at the first "TWA Integration" meeting in Nashville. Bobby Gless wanted to stay out of it and asked me to go, I guess he had an "appointment" with the girl at the Hotel counter or something.

At the meeting only one TWU representative spoke in favor of granting TWA members occupational seniority and that was the guy from Dispatch. His point was that since the dispatchers were TWU they should get something, although he apeared to only mean that dispatch should get it, not the IAM members. This was a joint meeting that included all class and crafts so you cant claim that AMFA had anything to do with the outcome-it was pure TWU.

Many other things were brought up such as a fence around MCI but the sentiment was -Stapled to the bottom, and it was unanimous. Two officers from the IAM addressed the committee, Ed LaClair and Sito Pantoja. They simply urged that a fair method of integration be used and then told us how much the company owed them for the pension and some aircraft engines or some other property that the IAM leased to TWA.

You obviously choose to have selective memory, the only guys in the whole TWU that were loudly calling out for Dovetailing were some of the AMFA supporters from Tulsa.

Drippy Quill said:
So you are so naive as to believe that because you were just 27 sigs short of a full load that you will enjoy the same numbers next time around? You're about as bright as your photos.

If I do get furloughed I will have made thousands more than the AMFA boyzzzzz at UAL and NWA...nice little savings program. Actually I could use a little vacation, the stress of getting up everyday and scurring off to work is tiresome. I think I'll do some farm animal activities...bahhhhh... :D After all, your buddy Bush just said he'd get us all an education...

Oh yeah...if I do get furloughed I'll be your next AMFA organizer...I think you deserve Delle...HAHAHA!!!
[post="192247"][/post]​
hey drip enjoy your extended vacation :up: after the twu gets done this time around we will have more than enough cards, funny how we always increase our card count after the twu bends over when provoked :shock:

Well the bad news came out today. We lost more money and the layoffs at Kansas City and St. Louis will commence next month.

I was told through the grapevine that the following will be layed off.

Approx. 350-400 TWU personnel, all title groups at Kansas City.
Approx. 200 TWU personnel mostly AMT's at St. Louis. Others are stores people.

How coincidental that this news comes out right after the NMB determined a
NO-VOTE for the AMT's at AA. Now lets see if the TWU can save more jobs without further concessions.