Which New Service Would You Like To See

weatherman

Advanced
Aug 20, 2002
Which new service would you most like to see WN add to your city? Also, what route do you think WN is most likely to add from your city?

Here in PVD I would love to see WN add nonstop flights to FLL.
I think the most likely addition from PVD will be a nonstop to LAS.

KCFlyer said:
From MCI I'd like to see MSY added. In a perfect world, I'd really like to see DAL added.
If you can get the state of Kansas to extend their line just over the MCI airport, you're all set. :lol:

Today, SWA announced new nonstop service between LAS-GEG, which will be daily. The new weekend only service included nonstops between LAX-TPA and SLC-MDW. Interesting as I see SWA going with more and more coast-to-coast. Just my 2 cents............ :D

PVD-LAX - unless it undermines UAL's survival

According to data from last year, there are over 70,000 annual passengers each way, LUV has only a 20% share. In other words, there is more than enough business to fill at least one NS flight in each direction.

I would have to think more MDW service is coming, with the near completion of the new concourses.

I would think more MDW-FLA nonstops, more MDW-ISP, and probably connecting new points like MDW-BUF, ALB, and ORF.

SWA is adding winglets to the -700, the 1st one will be flying this month. When more winglets are at SWA (& the plan is to have winglets on all the -700s) I expect that you will see PVD - LAS.

TUS to anywhere east! HOU, MCI, or MDW would be great, though I'd even settle for just a few more ABQ flights. :)

IF, and that's a big if, the engine thrust rating is really being increased, then aong with the winglets, I would believe that I would like a nonstop out of ISP to PHX or LAS. :up: I would also like to see FLL-PHX. :up:

It would be nice to see SWA fly into SBN. Every carrier now uses an RJ, which means hard to non-rev. I don't care where they fly from as long as it gets to SBN, to see my team play ball.

Louisville to LAX, Oakland, and San Diego. Would draw from not only Louisville metro, but from very high fare Cincinnati area.

On another subject, I wonder if any existing low-fare or a new start up will ever have the courage to start service between the near monopoly hubs. The following have ridiculously (is that a word) high fares and almost no one flies:

Cincinnati-Clevland
Cincinnati-Pittsburgh
Cincinnati-Detroit
Minneapolis-Detroit
Minneapolis-St. Louis
Pittsburgh-Detroit

The fares for these and many other pairs are three times that of fares between cities in the West and Southwest where LUV flies. For similar size city pairs where there is competition, air travel is major mode of transportation. For that matter, LUV does very well between St. Louis and Cleveland, Detroit, and Kansas City.

Latest posts