Who In The Heck Gets Paid For This?

LaBradford22

Advanced
May 15, 2003
Prime example of management waste at AMR:

The Twelve Days of Non-Rev

"--- THEY'RE BACK! THE TWELVE DAYS OF NON-REV ---
By popular demand, this year's version of The Twelve Days of Non-Rev will appear daily in Jetwire starting today. Watch the entire song build each day on Jetnet's Travel Page and get ready for another fun season of employee travel. Now, everyone sing!
On the first day of Non-Rev, I booked my plans with glee,
Guarding my passcode oh so carefully-ee.
While sharing your passcode with family members or friends may seem harmless and within your control, the possibility of your code getting into the wrong hands is too great. There's just no nice way to say it. Providing Jetnet access to unauthorized users is forbidden. This is not just to protect company information. This policy protects you and your personal information."

Aside from being insensitive from a diversity standpoint, this strikes me as a terrible waste of money to pay someone to come up with utesy cutesy rhymes for twelve straight days. AA employees - your pensions will soon be ancient history, but on the plus side, you do get utesy cutesy nursery rhymes!

As usual, this thread has meandered off into one of the 12 black holes of being off topic.

The original point being, that with all the financial woes AMR claims to have, so severe in fact that it requires lay offs of some of the very life blood of the airline - those who actually do the work, and other concessions as punishment for things that labor is blamed for; AMR in all it's wisdom would rather keep some lazy hack on the payroll who has nothing better to do than sit around re-writing holiday songs and spreading them across the company communication system, than keep a badly needed mechanic who actually has the ability to keep a plane flying safely through the air!

This kind of junk is a waste of company resources, and a smear in the face of those employees who's only "holiday gift" from AMR was a pink slip!

LABradford22 thanks for bringing this tragic waste of company resources, not to mention blatant violation of company policy, to the attention of the fundies who are in dire need of a reality check. The very fact that some want to crap all over it means you did right.

Pull together . . . loose your pension together!

That's the holiday spirit!

LaBradford22 said:
Prime example of management waste at AMR:

The Twelve Days of Non-Rev

"--- THEY'RE BACK! THE TWELVE DAYS OF NON-REV ---
By popular demand, this year's version of The Twelve Days of Non-Rev will appear daily in Jetwire starting today. Watch the entire song build each day on Jetnet's Travel Page and get ready for another fun season of employee travel. Now, everyone sing!
On the first day of Non-Rev, I booked my plans with glee,
Guarding my passcode oh so carefully-ee.
While sharing your passcode with family members or friends may seem harmless and within your control, the possibility of your code getting into the wrong hands is too great. There's just no nice way to say it. Providing Jetnet access to unauthorized users is forbidden. This is not just to protect company information. This policy protects you and your personal information."

Aside from being insensitive from a diversity standpoint, this strikes me as a terrible waste of money to pay someone to come up with utesy cutesy rhymes for twelve straight days. AA employees - your pensions will soon be ancient history, but on the plus side, you do get utesy cutesy nursery rhymes!
[post="227006"][/post]​
do you just look all day for something to complain about. does nothing make you happy

For a moment, put aside the cost to produce this jingle.

To an outsider the simple fact that your company:

A. has to repeatedly warn the workforce (professionals all) about theft

B. chooses to communicate with said professional adults via a goofy song

is absolutely amazing!

On the second day of non rev, I was running late.....

To find my plane had cancelled at the gate.

Now that a CHRISTmas song :up:

For those of you checking back in to continue the (3 page long) off topic discussion, the threads have been split and it can be continued to view/post on it HERE.

For [insert preferred diety or non-diety here] sake, y'all need to lighten up already.

whatkindoffreshhell said:
For a moment, put aside the cost to produce this jingle.

To an outsider the simple fact that your company:

A. has to repeatedly warn the workforce (professionals all) about theft

B. chooses to communicate with said professional adults via a goofy song

is absolutely amazing!
[post="227185"][/post]​

FWIW, this was written one or two years ago, and I'm fairly certain that the person who came up with it isn't on payroll anymore (which would be oh so ironic given the attitude that this is a waste of management time....).

Latest posts