Who is voting yes?

Lilyflyer

Apr 16, 2003
----------------
On 4/16/2003 12:37:42 PM FA Mikey wrote:

I am wondering if there is anyone who has changed there mind and is voting yes? Anybody know people who have changed their votes one way or the other?

HI Mike,

I am new to this board. I have heard of a couple of people changing their YES to No but not the other way around. Can''t wait till 5pm.

Lily

Same here. No one that I know has changed to YES from a NO vote. Just the opposite.

Also, some people who hadn''t voted at all in the first round are now voting. The ones I know are voting NO and now realize that every NO vote counts.

I disagree. Obviously none of our votes mattered, only the company''s desired outcome.

I know quite a few who have changed their "No" vote to a "Yes" realizing B/K may be worse off than this T/A. Although, I do think the world realized yesterday just how unhappy the F/A''s really are about this whole company reorganization. I just hope this industry, and economy turns around fast.

Sounds like this "union" is going to sell the flight attendants out. All the media says it''s being changed to a "yes". How do they know, unless the union is telling them that?

----------------
On 4/16/2003 3:29:00 PM Flyboy4u wrote:

I know quite a few who have changed their "No" vote to a "Yes" realizing B/K may be worse off than this T/A. Although, I do think the world realized yesterday just how unhappy the F/A's really are about this whole company reorganization. I just hope this industry, and economy turns around fast.
----------------​
Why don't you leave and go to work for Walmart or Kmart? These companies appear to share your values of working men/women.

FA Miley.....your statement is a perfect example of the delusional thinking on the part of those to advocate a no vote. You can forget about doing what you love to do and preserving your quality of life, as far as a career at AA goes with a no vote!

Face it folks.....the unions work for the companies (All of them). Think about it.....APFA represents the flight attendants, if the company ever went out of business so would the union. The union leadership knows this and are prepared to change any and all votes to assure their own jobs. Today will be a sad day for the entire industry.

----------------
On 4/16/2003 3:44:01 PM RV4 wrote:

----------------
On 4/16/2003 3:29:00 PM Flyboy4u wrote:

I know quite a few who have changed their "No" vote to a "Yes" realizing B/K may be worse off than this T/A. Although, I do think the world realized yesterday just how unhappy the F/A''s really are about this whole company reorganization. I just hope this industry, and economy turns around fast.
----------------​
Why don''t you leave and go to work for Walmart or Kmart? These companies appear to share your values of working men/women.

----------------​
Why don''t you ask yourself that same question RV4? If you are soo determined to bring this company down then why dont you just get out of it all together. Some of us like our jobs and are careers and will do what it takes to see this company survive. Get off your high horse and take a look at reality. Things are going to change tonight or in B/K. Either way they will change!

----------------
On 4/16/2003 3:48:46 PM Flyboy4u wrote:

Some of us like our jobs and are careers and will do what it takes to see this company survive.  Get off your high horse and take a look at reality.  Things are going to change tonight or in B/K.  Either way they will change!

----------------​
I love my job and my NO vote is a fight to preserve a quality of life that will allow me to continue to enjoy what I do.

You can do what ever it takes to see this company survive. Not me, I will do everything I can to maintain my own survival. The entire weight of AA is falling on the backs of the employees. While management works to protect there own. We have seen it, we will continue to.

----------------
On 4/16/2003 4:48:01 PM desertfox wrote:

FA Mikey.....your statement is a perfect example of the delusional thinking on the part of those to advocate a no vote. You can forget about doing what you love to do and preserving your quality of life, as far as a career at AA goes with a no vote!

----------------​

A NO vote offers my work group a chance to negotiate fair and reasonable cuts. Its the only opportunity to preserve some quality of life.

----------------
On 4/16/2003 4:08:45 PM FA Mikey wrote:

I love my job and my NO vote is a fight to preserve a quality of life that will allow me to continue to enjoy what I do.

You can do what ever it takes to see this company survive. Not me, I will do everything I can to maintain my own survival. The entire weight of AA is falling on the backs of the employees. While management works to protect there own. We have seen it, we will continue to.

----------------​

Mikey, I''m not clear on something. You state that you are fighting for your survival, i.e. your continued ability to get a paycheck and pay bills, have food, shelter, etc. Now, if by your actions, you put your employer into a position where it can no longer afford to employ you, how exactly are you contributing to your own survival?

Isn''t that like cutting off your nose to spite your face?

TANSTAAFL

A rejection of the TA may be the end of the APFA. Should managment get their CBA thrown out who''s going to want to pay dues anymore?