Who Is?

Dippy, I'll bet when Dennis Sanderson was walking the picketline at Eastern, you were voting yes at TWA to help out poor Mr. Icahn weren't you? Mr.Sanderson :up: fought airline management greed and corruption,while Dippy Quill :down: assisted airline management greed and corruption! I have also heard that you are a member of greedy airline management! :down:

PRINCESS KIDAGAKASH said:
Dippy, I'll bet when Dennis Sanderson was walking the picketline at Eastern, you were voting yes at TWA to help out poor Mr. Icahn weren't you? Mr.Sanderson :up: fought airline management greed and corruption,while Dippy Quill :down: assisted airline management greed and corruption! I have also heard that you are a member of greedy airline management! :down:
[post="199718"][/post]​

Actually Princess when Sanderson was walking picketline at Eastern I and my IAM Local 1650 were walking picket at MCI with Eastern line mechanics stationed here. We passed the hat every payday for Eastern strikers also..did you? Did you do the same for those close to you? We also walked picket during a nasty strike at the Grocery Workers Assoc. here. All volunteer. Oh yeah...we walked with the iron workers also.

Can't refute the Icahn screw up. Had we accepted the Company's initial offer,tendered by Mr. Meyer, we would have been better off. However, our union, the IAM, went out and sought Icahn to "save" us. I remember the horse and pony show of Icahn telling us how he was going to expand and double the size...all he required was a little support. Well, no denying, we were fooled. Icahn was TWA's demise. And as I remember it just prior to Flt 800 our stock was at $28/approx. and we were starting to feel like an airline again, recovering from Icahn through our Owner/Operator standings. Flt. 800 was actually the last straw for TWA.

Did AA save us? I think you know the answer to that one. Our stews immediately hit the street, 80% of our pilots were screwed, and the other members lost the only item a union person should never lose, seniority. It took your floor to prove that not all unions are union. We laugh about this "American Family" attitude.

The only time I hear you state how good the TWU reps you is when you remind me how you saved me, gave me a raise, and accellerated my benefits package...funny isn't it?

BTW..I am not in management. I was in '97 for 9 months. I was a dock foreman.

Drippy Quill said:
all he required was a little support.

And the motto was......For $2 less, I'll do what I Can

Did AA save us? I think you know the answer to that one. Our stews immediately hit the street, 80% of our pilots were screwed, and the other members lost the only item a union person should never lose, seniority. It took your floor to prove that not all unions are union. We laugh about this "American Family" attitude.

Then why the attitude towards AAers. We knew and warned any TWAer we knew that AA is only buying you to bury you. This is round 3, just ask Air CAl and Reno. As you know by now, we on the floor have zero say in any decision the top dawgs make and that includes seniority.
[post="199725"][/post]​

AMFAMAN said:
[post="199802"][/post]​

I can't speak for DQ, but my attitude developed when I started reading here and elsewhere about "TWA ruined AA, we've gone downhill ever since". Or another good one is "I hope every TWAer is furloughed before our first one goes out the door"!

Now be serious just a minute, we were serenaded by AA officials at the beginning, fed hotdogs, cokes and BS. "Welcome to the AA family", how dysfunctional a family is this? We walk into a floor of disgruntled TWU members, the supervisors you sent us are wannabes, and all our parts come out of TULE. What are we to think? We're not new to the industry, so the BS is really just that, BS.

I think the real kicker was wanting us to support you in any action, such as the promotion of AMFA or the promotion of the TWU, after we took it in the shorts on our seniority. It's a shame your AMFA drive wasn't over and done prior to our purchase, perhaps we could have been discussing legitimate ways to improve our profession and legitimate ways to fight bad management, instead of each other.

Nightwatch said:
I can't speak for DQ, but my attitude developed when I started reading here and elsewhere about "TWA ruined AA, we've gone downhill ever since". Or another good one is "I hope every TWAer is furloughed before our first one goes out the door"!

Now be serious just a minute, we were serenaded by AA officials at the beginning, fed hotdogs, cokes and BS. "Welcome to the AA family", how dysfunctional a family is this? We walk into a floor of disgruntled TWU members, the supervisors you sent us are wannabes, and all our parts come out of TULE. What are we to think? We're not new to the industry, so the BS is really just that, BS.

I think the real kicker was wanting us to support you in any action, such as the promotion of AMFA or the promotion of the TWU, after we took it in the shorts on our seniority. It's a shame your AMFA drive wasn't over and done prior to our purchase, perhaps we could have been discussing legitimate ways to improve our profession and legitimate ways to fight bad management, instead of each other.
[post="199843"][/post]​

You got your full seniority (company and union) in your bases.

Nightwatch said:

[post="199843"][/post]​
nightwatch you were sucked in by the TWU because "THEY" invisioned more dues for their coffer's. sure AA was willing to "welcome you to the family" and after they got what they were after and the twu got their bone you have been used up!welcome to our nightmare..... 20 plus years of concession's for jobs and then the carpet gets pulled up and its jobs anyway, this isnt something new! we have lived it for decades so "WELCOME TO THE FAMILY" :rolleyes:

20 years of uninterrupted employment for most I bet. We weren't taken into the TWU, we were abandoned by the IAM, there lies the differrence.

How many furloughs at AA have you been through?

Nightwatch said:
It's a shame your AMFA drive wasn't over and done prior to our purchase, perhaps we could have been discussing legitimate ways to improve our profession and legitimate ways to fight bad management, instead of each other.
[post="199843"][/post]​

This is one thing you are wrong about, the current and on going drive is now entering its 7th year. It was started in Sep 1998, but took over 2 years to get the right to distribute AMFA info in Tulsa without getting someone fired like back in previous drives. At the same time, I believe at TWA, you guys had a drive that was very close to 50% in 1999; had the KC crowd taken it over the top prior to the merger and along with our previous steady 48%, yes we would be talking about legitimate issues because we would of already voted. I can guarantee you one thing, this fight will not go away without a vote and that won't be until next fall.

20 years of uninterrupted employment for most I bet. We weren't taken into the TWU, we were abandoned by the IAM, there lies the differrence.

NW...
So why the great love of the twu, or is it your hate of AAers driving your hate of AMFA?

I don't hate AMFA. I don't see AMFA as my salvation. And I certainly have no love for the TWU. My loyalties are to my union brothers at MCIE and STL. I have met good guys from AFW and TUL and other AA points, but I do what I do here for my own.

It's really not pertinent to me who is the BA for AA, the TWU or AMFA. You will still be the ones who screwed us no matter who's name is on the door. I look at the TWU, past my anger, and see some stability. I see AMFA as a loose cannon with no ammo.

Is that as clear as mud?

Drippy Quill said:
Actually Princess when Sanderson was walking picketline at Eastern I and my IAM Local 1650 were walking picket at MCI with Eastern line mechanics stationed here. We passed the hat every payday for Eastern strikers also..did you? Did you do the same for those close to you? We also walked picket during a nasty strike at the Grocery Workers Assoc. here. All volunteer. Oh yeah...we walked with the iron workers also.

The only time I hear you state how good the TWU reps you is when you remind me how you saved me, gave me a raise, and accellerated my benefits package...funny isn't it?
BTW..I am not in management. I was in '97 for 9 months. I was a dock foreman.
[post="199725"][/post]​

There you guys go again, so tell me what seniority did you guys grant to your IAM brothers from EAL?

Didnt they go straight to the bottom?